Big Shows that Big Models Haven't Walked In

Prada-wierd but quirkily cool models (Sasha , Gemma , Tanya etcc)
Ralph Lauren/valentino-their campaigns tend to go for the more commercially beautiful models as apposed to quirky models that are so popular.

Its weird because Hilary has done campaigns for Gucci and Dolce&Gabbana, but she has never walked their runways

And that from a woman who introduced us to Sasha, Daiane and every other weird model in the industry. If you like them then your ugly-rate is very low and I don't get how you can call Caroline ugly :lol:

So true! :lol:

Stam must have walked for Marni.

Liya has never walked for Prada/Miu Miu.

Elise has never walked for, well she only was in a Ralph Lauren show once yet she had a big Ralph Lauren only girl campaign. & There must be some other show, I just can't think of it.

I heard a rumour that Miuccia Prada tapped Caroline Trentini on the shoulder backstage at her show last week and said "You are too ugly, you can leave." Reportedly she also expressed the same sentiment to Stam, who did do the show.

It's a mad world.
From supermodels.blogspot.com. Just thought it might be nice to have some context.

I heard that rumor a few years ago. I don't think it was only a rumor either.

Elise has never walked for, well she only was in a Ralph Lauren show once yet she had a big Ralph Lauren only girl campaign. & There must be some other show, I just can't think of it.

Stam hasn't done Marni ever....

has any black girl ever walked for prada? I think I've seen at least one Asian model walk her show, Du Juan?? And she had an all-Asian Miu Miu campaign but I can't recall ever seeing a black model on her runway. So no Naomi, Liya, Chanel Iman, Jaunel or Alek.

I heard a rumour that Miuccia Prada tapped Caroline Trentini on the shoulder backstage at her show last week and said "You are too ugly, you can leave." Reportedly she also expressed the same sentiment to Stam, who did do the show.

It's a mad world.
From supermodels.blogspot.com. Just thought it might be nice to have some context.

I heard that rumor a few years ago. I don't think it was only a rumor either.

It is a rumor that Miuccia said this, yes, however it was rumored that she said it YEARS ago, when Caroline was first starting out. Who knows if it's true, though...but Caroline has never done Prada...

has any black girl ever walked for prada? I think I've seen at least one Asian model walk her show, Du Juan?? And she had an all-Asian Miu Miu campaign but I can't recall ever seeing a black model on her runway. So no Naomi, Liya, Chanel Iman, Jaunel or Alek.

I don't think Du Juan ever did Prada.. you are probably thinking of Hye Park.

And the only black model I recall EVER doing prada was Naomi (YEARS AND YEARS ago.. she even did their campaign).

Except for that no one of color has done her show.. not even Liya

Emma Pei did Miu Miu last season as well, but aside from her and Hye Park (who has walked Prada/Miu Miu a few times), I don't recall any other asian or black models since Naomi back in the mid 90's. I wonder if she used other girls like Yasmin Ghauri or Beverly Peele in the early 90's...

Anyway, Hye Park has never walked for Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Jil Sanders, Fendi (odd as she has done Chanel and Lagerfeld more than once), Versace, Valentino...there may be more. Can't think of them.

Querelle Jansen, who really hadn't done much during her relatively short career to begin with, had never done Jil Sander or Dior, I believe. She has an image that would have complimented both very well. What ever happened to her?

du juan:

Prada

Balenciaga

vera wang

miumiu
Just a little comment regarding Du Juan and Balenciaga..

Balenciaga usually keeps the majority of the same faces from season to season, which I like because it displays some loyalty. But from a Balenciaga point of view I don't really see Du Juan as a Balenciaga girl. I just feel there are other girls who could fill that role better than Du Juan, although she is fantastic. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... If I was Miuccia Prada & saw Borini backstage at my show I would say the same.

And that from a woman who introduced us to Sasha, Daiane and every other weird model in the industry. If you like them then your ugly-rate is very low and I don't get how you can call Caroline ugly :lol:
I don't think it's necessary to imply that Sasha & Diane are "truly ugly" to defend Caroline. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she has a rule, Ugly Clothes, Ugly Models. This is the first season in years when I actually think she has made the right model choices, well IMO, I only like certain models in her previous shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->