Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew there was something I didn't like about Leo, that NYMag article pretty much cements it for me.
Working_girl, what do you mean about her family controlling her? Like, pushing things to make it appear like they're dating or not approving of someone like him for her?

Last edited by a moderator:
^You're really going to judge someone on the basis of a (very gossipy) article written almost 15 years ago? Even if every word is true, people do mature and change.

But personally I think everyone here is getting too judgemental. None of us actually know what's going on. It's one thing to speculate but I think it's unfair to make moral judgements on the character of people we don't know based on that speculation.

So yeah...they're totally dating.....:cry:

Did you really think they weren't dating after they were spotted in Italy too? The sad thing is how they aren't exclusive, corny as it sounds, or at least on Leo's side. And Penn seemed like such a good guy too. I like Leo, but this was totally a downgrade for Blake on the personal level. On the professional, who knows?

^Lostgirl, I agree with you. I wouldn't believe that the article represents 100% Leo today since it was written so long ago. On the other, who knows if he has matured. Tobey is a family man now so he at least seems to have changed.

Btw, I watched some of the "forbidden" movie. And boy was it boring and dreadful. I'm almost glad they got it banned it some places just because it spared the world for the stupid. But I don't really get why they did it. It was pretty clear they were playing characters even if it was ad-libbed. And even if they were just playing themselves, who would even know that anyway? So silly.

Btw, I watched some of the "forbidden" movie. And boy was it boring and dreadful. I'm almost glad they got it banned it some places just because it spared the world for the stupid. But I don't really get why they did it. It was pretty clear they were playing characters even if it was ad-libbed. And even if they were just playing themselves, who would even know that anyway? So silly.
From what I've heard it was intended as an experimental film that Leo and Tobey did as a favor to a friend, but was never intended for commercial release (the producer argued that the movie was made as a favor to Leo and Tobey who really wanted to work together). When both actors became well known the filmmaker tried to release it widely to cash in on the fame. Leo and Tobey tried to block its release. The producer countersued and the outcome of the whole thing was that the movie wasn't allowed to be released in North America but was released elsewhere.

the only reason why i think that article is relevant to Leo's image is cus those few things that somehow manage to get out about him regularly go with the image presented in that article - for example - the last one being him doing stuff with lots of models at parties in Cannes.
he probably changed significantly since that happens when you get older, but somehow, i think there are bits of this and that that could imply some things haven't changed.

Lostgirl, this is a rumour thread so people come here to specualte and exchange theories, it's just fun to exchange thoughts on certain matters. I really do not think anyone is taking this seriously. It's not like this is a Twilgiht fan board. Just relax.:flower:

I think we have all agreed that Leo is a very good actor, and I think most of us here are fans of his work, which is basically what really matters.

From what I've heard it was intended as an experimental film that Leo and Tobey did as a favor to a friend, but was never intended for commercial release (the producer argued that the movie was made as a favor to Leo and Tobey who really wanted to work together). When both actors became well known the filmmaker tried to release it widely to cash in on the fame. Leo and Tobey tried to block its release. The producer countersued and the outcome of the whole thing was that the movie wasn't allowed to be released in North America but was released elsewhere.
Thank you, I was just about to post this! I bought Don's Plum on DVD (I live in Australia) and I thought it was a very interesting film - I believe it was actually a student project the director made while in film school? - it has a very specific kind of dialogue and style, filmed in black and white, monologues in the bathroom, a lot of improv and mundane conversation that was meant to reflect the aimlessness of early 20 somethings. I liked the movie. I did not find it "disgusting" at all - sure, Leo's character was a slimeball, but that wasn't actually Leo, he was acting, and the audience was meant to recognise what a jackass his character was. Anyway, bottom line is the director was trying to cash in on Leo and Tobey's fame which breached the arrangement the men made prior to filming.

Regarding this relationship, I am quite suspicious of it. I'm sure they're sleeping together, but something tells me it's probably not much more than that. There have been so many rumours about Blake trying to snag herself an A-list boyfriend, wanting to dump Penn for someone more famous (which she has now done), linking her to all her movie co-stars, etc. Now, it's not that I believe she has had flings with Ben Affleck AND Ryan Gosling AND Ryan Reynolds AND Leo. But I find it pretty obvious that in any case, the stories and 'rumours' about said flings were planted by Blake's team. They are so desperate to get her name and picture in the tabloids so she can get more 'buzz' - it's as though any time she so much as stands next to a more famous man, her team will try to whip up a dating rumour about the two. That's why, with regards to Leo, I can't help but feel Blake's team is trying to milk the situation for all it's worth.

I read the same as you did, but like I said I don't understand why they bothered since they probably just gave the movie more attention that it would have gotten. And also, since it was done as a favour to a friend, why would they block the commercial release? Anyways, it sounded a bit like a legal mess with all the countersuits. IIRC, someone (one of the producers?) also tried to sue Leo and Tobey for threatening people that if they released the movie, they wouldn't work with them in the future. I don't know how much truth there was in the claim, because I think that case was dismissed by the judge. However, the Danish movie company Zentropa bought the rights and someone once again claimed that Leo and Tobey had been bullying people into blocking the movie.

also...some might say the movie was too close to home...and seem damaging to the image of both..:innocent:
either way, director and producers on the movie,didn't get much work after this (actually director worked only 3 times after this occured, and it were only 3 minor roles as an actor in TV stuff).

^From what I read though, it was mostly Tobey who was worried about it and he persuaded Leo to block the movie in the first place. I'm not sure Leo cared much about it in the beginning, since he's portrayed worse characters before. I actually read that the director (I believe) claimed in his suit that Leo had even applauded the movie after a screening.

also...some might say the movie was too close to home...and seem damaging to the image of both..:innocent:
either way, director and producers on the movie,didn't get much work after this (actually director worked only 3 times after this occured, and it were only 3 minor roles as an actor in TV stuff).

Exactly and at the time Leo was battling his party boy image and that of being an onboxious brat and this movie would have only fed into that.

What you do guys think about Leo and environmental issues?

Just for the image or is he genuine?

I read an article that he does seem passionate about it but then I see pictures of him getting on a private airplane :rolleyes:

What you do guys think about Leo and environmental issues?

Just for the image or is he genuine?

I read an article that he does seem passionate about it but then I see pictures of him getting on a private airplane :rolleyes:
well, i'm the same as you, tho i don't know much about his enviromental activities except for the fact he frequently uses private planes and is good friends with Naomi's boyfriend.:huh:

I knew there was something I didn't like about Leo, that NYMag article pretty much cements it for me.
Working_girl, what do you mean about her family controlling her? Like, pushing things to make it appear like they're dating or not approving of someone like him for her?

To me the NYMag article made it sound like his boys was enjoying and taking advantage of his fame. I didn't see anything in the article where Leo directly did anything bad unless you think chasing girls is bad.

well, i'm the same as you, tho i don't know much about his enviromental activities except for the fact he frequently uses private planes and is good friends with Naomi's boyfriend.:huh:
Acutally he's said that he does try to fly commercial whenever possible, but there are some situations/destinations when he isn't able to. I do get the impression he makes the effort though. He supposedly has solar panels on his house and is usually seen driving a hybrid. And he does put his money where his mouth is- recently donated $1 Million to the World Wildlife Federation's campgain to save the tigers. I think he does come under a lot of criticism for his environmental stances (every time he does take a private plane- regardless of whether or not flying commercially would be possible- he's called a hypocrite!) but he knowingly opens himself up to that and spends a lot of time and money trying to get his message across. Whether or not he always lives up to that message is another story but I believe he's sincere.

ETA: His website usually has a lot of information about his environmental activities. It's being redesigned at the moment but you can check it out here:
http://www.leonardodicaprio.org/
His kids website is great- I actually used it with my students as a resource
http://www.leonardodicaprio.org/kids/index.html

^I think its great that he is passionate about a casue, I think he is genuinly interested in the cause.

But yeah he is in Europe right know flying on a private jet. He goes to Cabo only via private jet, plus when he goes to Las Vegas he only flies private. PLus vacationing on a huge yacht is not exactly environmentally friendly.

But like I said he seems really involved in the casue so there;s that.

Did you really think they weren't dating after they were spotted in Italy too? The sad thing is how they aren't exclusive, corny as it sounds, or at least on Leo's side. And Penn seemed like such a good guy too. I like Leo, but this was totally a downgrade for Blake on the personal level. On the professional, who knows?

I don't know what I thought. Maybe that they were just hooking up or something?
But exclusive or not, I think they're definitely dating (or just f***king). You don't go traveling to Italy and France with someone you're not a little serious about.
I'm thinking this could be a summer fling, but I have a feeling these two have been talking every since she auditioned for the role in The Great Gatsby.
Now I'm wondering if Leo was at the MET ball after parties for Blake and not Bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->