Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Leo has never wanted that kind of attention. If he did, he wouldn't dress the way he did (headbands!!! Baseball caps). Leo is despite his model girlfriends, very low key.

I think Jen did receive a lot of attention for her marriage to Brad. Their marriage wasn't just a marriage. They were a "golden couple". The pap frenzy wasn't as bad as with Brangelina but it was very high profile. With that said, I think Brad dumping her might have helped her the most after Friends ended. It helped her image tremendously to be the slighted woman. Very similar to how Reese Witherspoon has shaped her image.

low key maybe... but also very self infatuated IMO. I mean Mark Zuckerberg has that kind of look ! It doesn't mean anything, the ambition is still there. But i can understand that one can be a fan, because he's a good actor.

I mean, it's a competition out there, everyone want to be considered a winner, if you don't look like Brad Pitt, then it's better to date a bombshell !

I don't get your argument for Jada Pinkett Smith because I'm pretty sure that she actually produce her own TV show and for a black actress it is extremely hard to get quality parts that other actresses get so landing starring movie roles is harder.

Actually the show is produced by her husband's production company, Overbroak production along with Sonny television pictures ( of course Sonny will due any for Will Smith who has made them billions of dollars).

Yep, it is hard for black actresses to carve out an acting career but a few have been successfull, Thandie Newton, Halle Berry, Nia Long, Angela Bassett, Queen Latifah... and she is not even close to being in their league.

The pap frenzy wasn't as bad as with Brangelina but it was very high profile. With that said, I think Brad dumping her might have helped her the most after Friends ended. It helped her image tremendously to be the slighted woman. Very similar to how Reese Witherspoon has shaped her image.

Well of course the pap frenzy wasn't as crazy... I don't think Jenn courted the press like Angelina to help her image...

I think Brad dumping her didn't help her career at all... and her career seen as very different from Reese... though they make similar movies (Walk the line being an exception in Reese's case)...

Ambition for what?

Ambition for being the star of many teen girls/women's fantasies?

Or ambition for an Oscar? Because the latter, yes I do think he has that.

Why would he care about sex-appeal? He's already been through the teen idol frenzy phase and he didn't care much about that. Do you base this on anything or is it just because he date models? Frankly, I think he dates models because he can.

Well of course the pap frenzy wasn't as crazy... I don't think Jenn courted the press like Angelina to help her image...

I think Brad dumping her didn't help her career at all... and her career seen as very different from Reese... though they make similar movies (Walk the line being an exception in Reese's case)...

No, she didn't court the press to help repair her image like Angelina needed to. But she courted PR for being the scorned woman and it helped her.

Yes, Jen doesn't have a spectacular movie career from an artistic point of view. But she is highly paid anyway for making crappy romcoms. Without the high profile breakup, she would very likely have faded into obscurity again and ended back on TV. Being a huge TV star does not make a you big movie star.

^That's the puzzling thing for me about this Blake thing, everything that I have read about Leo says that he hates the paparazzi, hates the gossip mags and he hated being treated like a piece of meat, he has stated that he never wanted or wants to be a sex symbol in his "public persona" (in his private life let's just say he had a lot of fun in Cannes with a bevy of models), he has shaped his career like Deniro in the early days.

Leo does not need to be in the gossip rags to be visible, he is one of the few actors who can greenlight a production and look at the choices he makes, he does not make pocorn movies, he makes very ambitious movies. There is no Ocean 11, 12 on his resume.

low key maybe... but also very self infatuated IMO. I mean Mark Zuckerberg has that kind of look ! It doesn't mean anything, the ambition is still there. But i can understand that one can be a fan, because he's a good actor.

How is Mark Zuckerberg comparable to Leo?

He's a computer geek who probably didn't get that much female attention (sorry for stereotyping) so of course, he would want it now that he's swimming in money and golddiggers.

Leo was a huge teen idol, on Robert Pattinson levels. He's already gotten plenty of female attention to satisfy his ego for a lifetime. And women do still dig him despite his face being bloated. He dates models because that's every guy's fantasy and he actually can.

^That's the puzzling thing for me about this Blake thing, everything that I have read about Leo says that he hates the paparazzi, hates the gossip mags and he hated being treated like a piece of meat, he has stated that he never wanted or wants to be a sex symbol in his "public persona" (in his private life let's just say he had a lot of fun in Cannes with a bevy of models), he has shaped his career like Deniro in the early days.

Leo does not need to be in the gossip rags to be visible, he is one of the few actors who can greenlight a production and look at the choices he makes, he does not make pocorn movies, he makes very ambitious movies. There is no Ocean 11, 12 on his resume.

Exactly. He has never courted PR for the sake of being a sex symbol (even if he does enjoys the company of models).

Which is why I don't believe he's with Blake (if he even is) for PR. I'd believe he's gay before I think it was for PR (although I guess a beard is a form of PR too) but personally, I think it's sex. Also, from everything I hear, Blake is known for being a very vivacious girl - maybe he's just as taken with her as the entire Hollywood apparently is?

Last edited by a moderator:
How is Mark Zuckerberg comparable to Leo?

He's a computer geek who probably didn't get that much female attention (sorry for stereotyping) so of course, he would want it now that he's swimming in money and golddiggers.

Leo was a huge teen idol, on Robert Pattinson levels. He's already gotten plenty of female attention to satisfy his ego for a lifetime. And women do still dig him despite his face being bloated. He dates models because that's every guy's fantasy and he actually can.

Believe me, it breaks my heart to write this, but if Leo was dating Gabourey Sidibe he would loose a lot of his charisma !
I mentionned Zuckerberg because you seem to think the wardrobe is a sign of being low-key, when it's just a way of beeing cool.
Like i said, i understand you like leo, but this story of the guy who is chased by attention seeker b*tch babes, when he only wants to live a private and low key life, i don't buy. Matt Damon would make a better low key superstar, and it's still an oxymore !

I didn't think Blake was with Huvane...in some ways it makes sense that she would have the best, but she also must be handing over all her paychecks to PR 'cause he ain't cheap!

^We have already established that Blake is with Leslie Sloan Zelnick, Lohans former pr rep (yikes!)

Believe me, it breaks my heart to write this, but if Leo was dating Gabourey Sidibe he would loose a lot of his charisma !
I mentionned Zuckerberg because you seem to think the wardrobe is a sign of being low-key, when it's just a way of beeing cool.
Like i said, i understand you like leo, but this story of the guy who is chased by attention seeker b*tch babes, when he only wants to live a private and low key life, i don't buy. Matt Damon would make a better low key superstar, and it's still an oxymore !

I'm not entirely sure where or what you think charisma comes from, but Leo would not lose any charisma in my eyes for dating someone who wasn't a supermodel. I like Leo for his acting. I'm not even sure I consider Leo a charismatic person in the first place because he appears quite reserved.

I also mentioned headbands which is hardly "cool" or something that would add to one' sex appeal the way you claim Leo wants. And it is not the only thing. It's been stated many times that Leo doesn't appear to court PR attention which is another factor, I just didn't want to repeat myself.

When I say low key, I'm talking about whether the actor plays to the camera or not. Obviously, when they are mega stars, they will always receive tons of attention anyway. Matt Damon is a low key actor too. I don't disagree with that. I don't understand what it is you don't buy? Why couldn't he be chased by famewh*res even if he himself is low key? He's A-list and for his connections alone, he's a gold mine for someone who wants to elevate their status. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong but I'll like to hear what you're basing your opinion on instead of just saying I don't buy this.

well, that's true, never thought of Leo as a charismatic person, or having any image whatsoever except being an exceptionally private person, it is refreshing, but it's all due to him and his guys keeping their crap extremely tight (that article from 2001 i think that was in NY Times i think proves there's a lot of it behind him, quite an interesting insight at the after-Titanic days, his status and his awful attitude if i may add). either way, it's interesting that there's no apparent PR game for him on surface, but it's really a full on PR around him to keep it all really well hidden.

sorry if this post doesn't make any sense. :(

^We have already established that Blake is with Leslie Sloan Zelnick, Lohans former pr rep (yikes!)

To be fair, she represented Lohan at her peak. She currently also reps Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, Renee Z. and J.Lo among others.

well, that's true, never thought of Leo as a charismatic person, or having any image whatsoever except being an exceptionally private person, it is refreshing, but it's all due to him and his guys keeping their crap extremely tight (that article from 2001 i think that was in NY Times i think proves there's a lot of it behind him, quite an interesting insight at the after-Titanic days, his status and his awful attitude if i may add). either way, it's interesting that there's no apparent PR game for him on surface, but it's really a full on PR around him to keep it all really well hidden.

You totally make sense, his rep Ken Sunshine is uber-powerfull and it is really a sign of his status that all the stuff that he gets up to in NYC and especially LA or recently Europe and nobody ever dares to talk about it. His bad attitude from the Titanic days has not really changed (especially in reference to fgirls, let me tell you I have been in NYC clubs with him and its jaw dropping) but he has become very smart about keeping it on the down low. Well look at Sandra Bullock she was able to keep the fact that she adopted a baby a secret, she said that was due to the poeple she surrounds herself with.

ANd plese understand I am not slagging off Leo, I really like him as an actor, I think he is on eof the very few who take his craft very seriously.:flower:

I don't understand what it is you don't buy? Why couldn't he be chased by famewh*res even if he himself is low key? He's A-list and for his connections alone, he's a gold mine for someone who wants to elevate their status. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong but I'll like to hear what you're basing your opinion on instead of just saying I don't buy this.

I didn't want to show any disrespect when i say he would loose his charisma by dating Gabourey, actually he would certainly gain my esteem ! I'm just talking about our society. I'm a programmer, i work surrounding by guys, i hear their comments all the time. The bombshell make the guy ! She allows him to be admired by his peer! It's sad, but it's true. Like when a celeb is dating a bombshell, and he is on the cover of GQ, you can be sure the journalist will make a big statement about it, like "what a lucky guy, we all want to be him !"
Plus, i have to admit that i am a bit feminist on that matter, because in that sort of story, the woman is always the ambitious b*tch ! I mean, Blake is the b*tch, Angelina Jolie is the b*tch, Carla Bruni Sarkosy is the b*tch, etc. When for me it is so obvious that in those cases, the benefit is mutual. I mean, c'mon, for a powerful man, dating a 10 years younger beauty is perfect for his image ! And what i don't buy is that they don't need it, because if not, why the hell do they keep on reproducing this schema ?

Dating a young and beautiful, in this society is a sign of power. Even for women now, like Madonna and her brazilian model !

Now I'm totally intrigued! Can you post the article?

I find it totally believable that Leo has his own share of vices, but he keeps it extremely tight, like you said. He does whatever he wants, but he doesn't want people's attention on it.

I've read funny things about Leo before. I think someone (Lainey maybe?) once claimed that he doesn't date actresses because his ego is too big and doesn't like competition.

I didn't want to show any disrespect when i say he would loose his charisma by dating Gabourey, actually he would certainly gain my esteem ! I'm just talking about our society. I'm a programmer, i work surrounding by guys, i hear their comments all the time. The bombshell make the guy ! She allows him to be admired by his peer! It's sad, but it's true. Like when a celeb is dating a bombshell, and he is on the cover of GQ, you can be sure the journalist will make a big statement about it, like "what a lucky guy, we all want to be him !"
Plus, i have to admit that i am a bit feminist on that matter, because in that sort of story, the woman is always the ambitious b*tch ! I mean, Blake is the b*tch, Angelina Jolie is the b*tch, Carla Bruni Sarkosy is the b*tch, etc. When for me it is so obvious that in those cases, the benefit is mutual. I mean, c'mon, for a powerful man, dating a 10 years younger beauty is perfect for his image ! And what i don't buy is that they don't need it, because if not, why the hell do they keep on reproducing this schema ?

What you are saying applies to anyone. Every guy wants to date a hot model but that doesn't mean he needs his "image" to be a sex symbol. When I say "Leo doesn't need it", I mean his image doesn't need it because his image has never been about that and he has never cared to make his image a sex symbol. Obviously privately, he enjoys women as good-looking as they come but that is a different matter. There is no "reproducing the schema" as much as it's just what you see is what you get. Leo's a guy and they usually like hot women. That's all.

Now I'm totally intrigued! Can you post the article?

I find it totally believable that Leo has his own share of vices, but he keeps it extremely tight, like you said. He does whatever he wants, but he doesn't want people's attention on it.

I've read funny things about Leo before. I think someone (Lainey maybe?) once claimed that he doesn't date actresses because his ego is too big and doesn't like competition.
it was NYMag at the time where that piece was out. :flower:
also, somewhere along the lines of the behaviour of the whole group that's been depicted in the article was a movie called Don't plum with Tobey and Leo in which they went on with crude jokes in mid 90s. the same movie caused a lawsuit between Leo and the producers as the boys tried (and to an extent succeded) blocking the movie from entering wider market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->