Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, rumor has it he's been texting her while he was still with Bar...

I hope they don't last
Posted via Mobile Device

Tell us how you really feel :lol:

well, rumor has it he's been texting her while he was still with Bar...
Well you can kind of put together a few things. They met late last year when she auditioned for The Great Gatsby. Then they were seen flirting at Jeremy Rener's birthday party in January and on another occasion earlier this year. He was with Bar all this time, being photographed together on vacation etc.....but he's always acted like a ladies man and the women in his life just seems to deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^He seems to target a certain type of women, I guess with low self esteem, you don't see him going after someone smart and accomplished , like Natalie Portman or Carrey Mulligan. Let's face it he cheated on both GIsele and Bar all through their on/off relationship. I guess in hindsight Gisele really was smart to get out.

^what does that even mean? why do you suggest that smart women (you're implying carey or natalie) can't have low self esteem? We all know he targets a certain type of girl, but to reduce the models he dates to not being smart with low self esteem is just ridiculous.

actually this entire thread is ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. and whether or not they are actually dating or whatever Blake's PR people wanted to accomplish with this couple is done, by the mere fact that we are already on 15 pages speculating whether this couple is real or not. :lol:

From Just Jared....

Leonardo DiCaprio & Blake Lively: Separate Hotel Exits

leonardo-dicaprio-blake-lively-separate-hotel-exits.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio and Blake Lively leave their hotel, Saint-Paul de Vence, separately on Friday (May 27) in Saint-Paul, France.

Last week, the 36-year-old actor and the 23-year-old actress toured around Italy together after spending time together on a yacht during the Cannes Film Festival.

rest here.

Saying that Leo targets girls that aren't smart and accomplished is kinda ridiculous. Blake is pretty successful for only being 23. Bar and Blake won't ever be nominated for an academy award like Natalie and Carey but that doesn't mean they are stupid and haven't accomplished anything.

^I'm really sorry I did not mean to offend anyone, just voicing my little opinion based on nothing but observation and a small slice of experience.

BAsed on Leos track record, all his hook ups and relationships have been with models, one can come to a conclusion albeit a SUPERFICIAL ONE (ha and a pun!). You cannot seriously consider Bar or Blake being accomplished.

And Fantastical, if you think this thread is ridiculous then just don't come here, this is a rumour thread so that we can speculate and voice wild and crazy theories. And yes Blake's pr is accomplishing their goal! That's what we have been pointing out all along.

Anyway I don't want to get nasty or rude. I come in peace. Just exchanging ideas. IF I offended fans of his ex and cirrent gf I am truly sorry.:flower:

*** see tFS Guidelines, please**

They're rich, they're famous, they're successful. There's nothing wrong with disliking them or their work, but I don't see how they're unaccomplished.

^Depends on what you think accomplished is. Not everyone values being rich and famous as a success. Someone like Prince William and Harry were born rich and famous. That's not an accomplishment. For them it was an unavoidable given. Successful can be a person who's living there dream no matter how small or lucrative it is. Rich + Famous does not necessarily = accomplished/successful. It all depends on what you value.

BTW, I think this thread has officially become the whatever thread.

Saying that Leo targets girls that aren't smart and accomplished is kinda ridiculous. Blake is pretty successful for only being 23. Bar and Blake won't ever be nominated for an academy award like Natalie and Carey but that doesn't mean they are stupid and haven't accomplished anything.

Depends on what you consider "accomplished" I guess.

If you think being accomplished is just being successful at what you do, then yes, both Bar and Blake are accomplished.

But to me, accomplished also means being good at what you do. I don't think Blake is a good actor and I don't think Bar is a particular good model either, so I don't consider either accomplished women.

I don't know if Blake, Bar, Gisele are stupid (although, I have read and heard very stupid things from both Blake and Gisele) but I do wonder what kind of a woman will stand for being cheated on? I cannot imagine anyone who has a high self-esteem would tbh.

Like the other people said in response to you being accomplished and successfull is all in the eye of the beholder. I simply do not find neither Blake nor Bar to be successfull or accomplished. In my view BAr has had her success due to the exposure she got from being Leo's gf, I cannot understand how anyone can say that she is a success because she got the cover of SI. But that's what makes exchanging thoughts and oipnions so great that we are all different.

In terms of Blake I just do not find her to be a talneted actress and she is basically all about a very strong pr campaign.

What than is the definition of success/accomplished if you don't find Blake(star of a popular TV show, starred/starring in several big movies, model for Chanel) nor Bar(whom I don't know much about, but being on the cover of SI is considred huge)? It seems to me that you're dislike of both women has more to do with your opinion, than the actual truth.

^I truly do not dislike either women, my opinion is solely based on their "Public" output, hence me dislikeing them on a personal level would be ridiculous.

What i was trying to say that if one finds being famous and on the cover of a mag or making a lot of money as being accomplished then one would find Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and Snookie a succes sotry and accomplished individuals. None of them are in MY VIEW ONLY acomplished or successfull, they can continue to make millions and have successfull TV shows or star in movies yet I find them abolutely low brow.

That is just my opinion I truly do not dislike any of them. I just do not find them to be a success or acomplished.

Just to make things clear I do not have anything against Leo and Blake dating I just thought it fascinating how big of a pr push this girl has. And I am not the only one who has found it funny how much she is being "pushed" touted whatever you want to call it.
I am not a delusional fan that hates any girl a male actor is dating. I just wnated to discuss the phenom that is all.

Sorry if this is a bit rambling.

What than is the definition of success/accomplished if you don't find Blake(star of a popular TV show, starred/starring in several big movies, model for Chanel) nor Bar(whom I don't know much about, but being on the cover of SI is considred huge)? It seems to me that you're dislike of both women has more to do with your opinion, than the actual truth.

The only success Blake can claim a stake to is her successfully auditioning for GG and the few movies she's scored. Getting a role doesn't immediately mean one is 'accomplished'. To call someone accomplished, they need to have proved their mettle, which Blake hasn't till now. She's absolutely mediocre in GG (with piss-poor dialogue delivery), and she is yet to have that one breakout role which will make people take notice of her and she's no Jen Aniston either, whose movies rake in millions (her role in The Town was more of an extended cameo). This incident notwithstanding, the hype and overexposure churned out by her PR isn't in any way proportionate to what she has achieved. I guess that's what it really boils down to, what she's 'achieved', which concomitantly gives a measure of her 'success'. And I'm afraid I don't think she's achieved much in her main line of work. WHich would perhaps explain why many people haven't warmed up to her, and take all the news about with with a pinch of salt.

As for Bar, she is somewhat successful as a commercial model (though nowhere in the same league as the VS angels), but let's be honest here, she's no Gisele or Heidi.

And Fantastical, if you think this thread is ridiculous then just don't come here, this is a rumour thread so that we can speculate and voice wild and crazy theories.
Everyone's entitled to have an opinion, and have the right to state it wherever they want as long as it's done respectfully.. what's actually more damaging is attempting to 'kick' people out of a thread because you don't share their opinion. We're a forum..

And guys, please try to keep off-topic conversation (such as Leo's movies with his friend) and personal remarks/attacks (e.g. 'they're more accomplished than you are') out of the discussion, it's not what the thread is about and things might get edited/removed. :flower:

pavonine--So by your definition, being the lead on a popular TV show, "scoring" several film roles and being one of Chanel's new faces is not successful? Yet Jennifer Aniston who basically plays the same role on the big screen as she played on "Friends," though she was excellent in The Good Girl, and has never had a hit movie, is successful? Why? Because she's been at "actressing" longer? If find both mediocre, but a big part of their success, imho, is their looks and charm.

ETA--Who are these people who haven't "warmed" up to Blake? I don't think the few opinions on sites like this count as fact.

pavonine--So by your definition, being the lead on a popular TV show, "scoring" several film roles and being one of Chanel's new faces is not successful? Yet Jennifer Aniston who basically plays the same role on the big screen as she played on "Friends," though she was excellent in The Good Girl, and has never had a hit movie, is successful? Why? Because she's been at "actressing" longer? If find both mediocre, but a big part of their success, imho, is their looks and charm.

Please read my post again. It reads: The only success Blake can stake a claim to is her successfully auditioning for GG and the few movies she's scored. Getting a role doesn't immediately mean one is 'accomplished'. I didn't say she wasn't successful at all; only that one can't call her accomplished (at the moment, she's neither a star like Jen Aniston or a bona fide actress like Natalie Portman).

Jen has never had a hit? What would you call God Almighty, Marley and me, The Break Up and more recently Just Go With It? These were films in which she was the main female lead, these films made north of 100 million at the BO. Brooklyn Decker was in Just Go With It as well, but attributing the films success to her is just as asinine as attributing The Town's success to Blake. Jen may not be versatile or the most talented actress in Hollywood, but she is a star and her movies are as often as not successful.

Blake isn't as yet successful or accomplished or established. She's a struggling actress and a jobbing model who's trying her best to make it big. I'm not saying she can't be any of these things in future, but I fear her modus operandi is at the moment proving to be a tad counterproductive.

Lastly, Talent endures, hype doesn't. If she wishes to be relevant ten years down the track, she needs to concentrate on finding a niche like Jennifer or work on her acting to be counted in the league of bona-fide actresses like Kate Winslet and Keira Knightley. I'm sure even she wouldn't only want to be remembered as Leo's ex or a Chanel model or as Serena Whatshername on a TV show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->