Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Aniston has never had a hit movie. Not one. Most if not all the movies she's starred in has bombed. The Switch, Bounty Hunter, Friends With Money, Love Happens, just to name a few.

Look, we can go round and round in circles on this. Let's just agree to disagree.

ETA--:lol:Aniston has been riding on hype for more than a decade, Blake I feel, will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jennifer Aniston has never had a hit movie.

This statement alone strips off any legitimacy your comments carry. :P There is not point in agreeing to disagree, because facts are facts! Incontestable, inarguable, immutable! Full stop.

Why are ya'll talking about Jennifer Aniston at all? Just curious?
How does a 42 year old woman relate to a 23 year old girl?

So I'm bringing out my inner Rachel Green fan on this. Jennifer Aniston has on Friends alone accomplished more than Blake has done in her entire career so far. You can't even compare the two shows and the two actresses, let alone put them on the same level.

We might not live it right now, but Friends when it aired was HUGE, it was one of the biggest comedies in its time and was attracting million of fans worldwide and don't forget that it was critically acclaimed with Aniston herself picking up an Emmy and several nominations. This is a show that still lives on, that still airs two times a day where I live, despite ending a while ago. Gossip Girl is nothing compared to Friends.

And her movies have done well, Bounty Hunter made its entire budget back (including PA) and a whole lot more. I think it ended over the 140 million mark. And add 'the Break Up' and 'Marley and Me' - two films which heavily featured her in its promotion and which she headlined were both major successes. If you look at all the movies she has made since she broke out with Friends you'll find more hits than misses.

I don't care for Aniston's acting in movies, nor do I find her latest films that great but to even put her and Blake on the same level is insulting to Aniston's whole career.

Saann! Thanks for saying that, exactly my thought. Friends is still 1 of the biggest comedies of all time and it still airs all around the world after 7 years since it series finale. Do you think gossip girl is gonna last 2 years after its finale? And blake is not a girl anymore, jen might be older than her, but she's a woman. And can we stop saying jen is not a good actress? Hello, have u guys seen friends, if u have, u'd know she a good actress. Which is why she's 1 of the most successful actresss of today. And i do think she versatile, she just likes being in romantic comedies.
Posted via Mobile Device

dailymail.co.uk

Together? The pair were seen a week ago in Cannes before going on a break in Portofino, famed as one of the most romantic towns in Italy
Rumours of the new romance started swirling when the 36-year-old Inception star was spotted looking cosy with the Gossip Girl beauty, 23, at the French film festival last week.

The pair were first seen together on a boat moored near the Hotel du Cap Eden Roc in the company of Steven Spielberg and his wife Kate Capshaw.

And they seemed to to be taking their relationship to another level when they took off for a vacation in Portofino, Italy.
Bar who? Leonardo DiCaprio was seen yesterday out for a spot of sightseeing with Blake Lively in Portofino, Italy

A witness who saw the pair at their Italian hotel said: 'She was wearing white and he was in a baseball cap. They walked around the grounds together. It looked like they were a couple.'

It was confirmed earlier this month that Leo had split from Bar, a 25-year-old Sports Illustrated model after an on-off six-year relationship.

Rumours first surfaced that all was not well when he failed to accompany her to the Met Gala in New York a few weeks ago, instead spending the night at city hotspot Top of the Standard.

He was also reported to have been seen sneaking out of Blake's apartment in the small hours.

The pair first met when Blake auditioned for the role of Daisy Buchanan in Baz Luhrmann's upcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby at the end of last year.

Blake, who ended up losing the role to Carey Mulligan, had dinner with Leonardo and the director afterwards and friends said sparks began to fly then.
An insider told Grazia magazine: 'Blake is exactly Leo's type. He likes leggy blondes with big smiles and Blake fits the bill perfectly.

'Leo and Bar have been through some rocky times recently and Leo is famously reluctant to settle down. The rumours around Blake and Leo won't go away.'

Blake's star is currently on the rise too after recently landing a role in Oliver Stone's upcoming film Savages, alongside John Travolta, Salma Hayek and Uma Thurman.

She had a long term relationship with her Gossip Girl co-star Penn Badgeley but their three-year relationship ended last September.

pics from Italy - Portofino

This statement alone strips off any legitimacy your comments carry. :P There is not point in agreeing to disagree, because facts are facts! Incontestable, inarguable, immutable! Full stop.
The facts are easily googled.:innocent:

Jennifer Aniston a good and versatile actress? That is seriuously the funniest thing I've heard so far today.:rofl:

Good is subjective and when was being verstaile ever the mark of success for an actress or actor? If you sell at the box office, you're doing something right. There are many actors who play almost the same role/ genre but it's a forumla that works for a lot. Much (80%) of what Aniston touches turns to millions of profit (Bruce Almighty made over $400 million in profit alone) and Friends really was a huge deal when it was still in production, the actors got thousands per episode, including Aniston because she had the comedic timing down and did her job well (or did it go to millions in the end?) and the fan base was universal - unlike Gossip Girl. In fact, Lively should just hope that she's not eternally linked to that show because that acting isn't anything to be proud of. Since Jennifer Aniston is one of the few from Friends who has gone on to have an active movie career which does well in the box office, I think a lot of tv actresses and movie actresses would love her career success. She may play the same role each time but lots of actors do - Kate Hudson to name but one.

^Yea they did have 1 million per episode each. And i completely agree with everything u said
Posted via Mobile Device

^^The Breakup did well with over $100 million. She had great chemistry with Vince in that. Marley & Me one of my favorites did over $200 million. She was very good and received critical praise for her role in The Good Girl. She has something that appeals to a wide audience and that appeal's been there since Friends and before Brad. Having said that I don't see why Blake is being compared to her. Two different levels. Blake has great potential but unlike Aniston she doesn't have the privilege of being on a hugely popular show early in her career so I feel like her PR is ruining it for her by pushing her before she's earned it.

Blake has been around for, like, half the time Jen has. Of course Jen is going to have done more than Blake has. I stand my ground that both are successful and accomplished. You don't need to be Albert Einstein to be considered accomplished.

^Not even half. Blake's first film came out in 2005. That traveling pants film.
And then she got Gossip Girl in 2007, she's only been in this business for like 6 years.
She's still very much an up and comer IMO.

Î consider someone like Jennifer Lawrence more accomplished than Blake Lively.

^The problem is that you wouldn't think Blake was just an up and comer from all the PR she gets. She gets shoved down people's throats for having accomplished very little, not particularly well and that's why people dislike her. You can't have everything. If you want press like the Angelinas of the world, then you have to take the negative side as well. Which is that you get scrutinised, judged and criticised.

It's like an actor and screentime. If you're a bad actor with little screentime, you can fly on the radar. But if you're a bad actor and have a lot of screentime - people will notice, they will comment and they will judge you. That's all.

^Advo 100% agree.
If we were to say that someone is accomplished based on their "fame" and having a hit tv show (which Blake does not check the rating the show barely gets 1million viewers) one could say the Paris Hilton and Snookie are accomplished.

Blake is so many things, newcomer isn't 1 of them. 6 years?!
Posted via Mobile Device

His girlfriends really do just keep getting younger and younger, but he hasn't gotten any better looking. He actually peaked like, a decade ago in my opinion.

^ That's a good point, Leo gets older but his girlfriends don't.

I think Leo dates younger women, because that's probably where he is in terms of maturity.
He's probably still mentally 23 years old.
Just like George Clooney is still mentally in his 30s, he never dates women over the age of 40.
Men date younger women, because they feel it keeps them young.
Also, it gives them the option of putting off having a family a lot longer, because younger women are still "fertile."
It's all a mental thing.

Leonardo DiCaprio checked his Blackberry nervously as he waited aboard Steven Spielberg’s yacht, anchored off the coast of Southern France. He fussed with his hair, flossed his teeth - and then spied the object of his impatience approaching on a small boat.

“He started waving like crazy,” says an eyewitness of the May 17 rendezvous between Blake Lively and Leo. And as soon as she stepped onto the $200 million vessel, “Blake gave Leo a long, lingering hug,” says the witness. “They had their hands on each other’s backs and were grinning ear to ear.”

Sources say Leo and Lively have turned a six-month-old flirtation and one party dalliance in January into the beginnings of a relationship.

Says one source, “They’re dating a bit - taking things slow, slow, slow.”

Whether “slow” includes driving 160 miles for a date remains to be seen, but they looked cozy May 22 during a day trip to the fishing village of Portofino, Italy.

“When they stopped to look at something, Blake would lean into him,” says a source. “He was smiling.”

After they first met, back in November 2010, “Leo started pursuing Blake with emails and texts,” a Lively source says. “Things were definitely headed south with Bar at that point.” Adds another source, “Leo thinks Blake is gorgeous.”

Two months later, in January, they met up again at an LA birthday party for Jeremy Renner. Early in the night, they moved their conversation to the balcony and were even spotted kissing. “They’d talk, then peck on the lips… it was really sweet.”

Sources say Lively was initially way of Leo’s ladies’ man reputation. But, “Blake has always had a crush on Leo… Titanic is one of her favorite movies.”

Lively plans to spend a month in France to finish her month of French lessons and cooking classes, and Leo isn’t due on the Great Gatsby set until August.

“Blake is definitely being wooed,” says a source. “This could be the beginning of something.” - From US Weekly

So much lolz, honestly! :lol: I wonder if this will be TomKat all over again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdrearth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->