Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Dating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I love it whenever people automatically assume these celebrities must be homosexual, because they don't have a lot of success when it comes to relationships with women.
Newsflash...almost every guy has this problem. Doesn't make them gay.
Every guy gets along better with his male friends than he does with women, because men are simplistic beings.
Women are complicated and a lot of men are too lazy and immature to put in the effort to keep their relationships with women going.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah Lainey went easy on them but Michael K never disappoints. I can't believe half the things he has the nerves to say :lol: http://www.dlisted.com/2011/05/28/blake-lively-does-the-walk-of-fame#comments

If you look at it that way it makes these pictures pretty funny: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63/sho...&postcount=865

Very true. I expected Lainey to be far worse because she does not like Blake. But hey, maybe she'll start admiring Blake now. :lol:

Hehe, those pics with Lukas are hilarious. I get more chemistry between them than between Leo and Blake :lol: but I still don't think Leo is gay.

LOL. I love it whenever people automatically assume these celebrities must be homosexual, because they don't have a lot of success when it comes to relationships with women.
Every guy gets along better with his male friends than he does with women, because men are simplistic beings.
Women are complicated and a lot of men are too lazy and immature to put in the effort to keep their relationships with women going.

LOL. Um...that's not why I think he's gay. Nice try, though.

^ No, I don't think people are that simple to base it on silly things like that. It's because there's been speculation and hearsay bout it. None of us will ever know the truth about a celebrities sexual preferences unless they personally tell everyone but since that's not the case, people will continue to talk about when there is a rumour here (which there has been, quite a few), a story there (which there has also been). I suppose I can understand why fans get defensive though

Please, that's not why at all.

^ No, I don't think people are that simple to base it on silly things like that. It's because there's been speculation and hearsay bout it. None of us will ever know the truth about a celebrities sexual preferences unless they personally tell everyone but since that's not the case, people will continue to talk about when there is a rumour here (which there has been, quite a few), a story there (which there has also been). I suppose I can understand why fans get defensive though

Please, that's not why at all.

LOL. Exactly. As I mentioned before, I've been a huge fan of his for a long, long time. When you're a fan of someone for a long period (10+ years), there are things that you notice or wonder about. I especially wonder about the male celebs whose personal identity are SO tied to who they're dating, i.e., models, other celebs, etc. It's basically like...their people brainstorm and try to figure out how to hide the guy's sexuality, so they say, "oh, here's what we do! So and so will only date (insert supermodel, playboy bunny, B/C list actress who's on FHM's hot list)." Then instead of people speculating about the guy's sexuality, people are distracted by the coupling. Men are envious of the tail the guy can pull; women are jealous of the beard and maybe even judge the guy for being superficial. But none of them are thinking the guy's gay, so everyone wins.

But like Lacroix said, unless we personally know these people or someone records it (LOL), we'll never really know for sure.

FWIW, I still love him. And I think it sucks for ANY celebrity to have to hide their sexuality because he/she will lose his/her career over it.

Why would they hide it if Leo is gay? It isn't the 50s. I would be surprised if they (film makers, agents, et al) felt the need to mask an actor or actress' sexuality.

Seems to me Blake is Leo's type: blonde, tall, bubbly.

A lot of straight actors cannot settle down or do not for a long time. Why would this suggest they are gay. I am confused....

Same with the suggestion that Jake is dating Taylor because he is gay: let's see, He has dated Kirsten, Rheese, and now Taylor, all similar-looking cute waifish blondes. But they are all just contrived to to "hide" his gayness!? I am not buying it. Too conspiratorial imo.

I'm beginning to think this girl sold her soul to the devil or something. I continue to be perplexed by her level of coverage in the media relative to her talent and achievements. Whenever a big role comes around her name is thrown in the mix with the likes of Carey Mulligan,Keira Knightly..etc and I'm wondering on what basis? She hasn't been nominated for an Emmy, Golden Globe, Oscar--not even an MTV movie award.

Her coronation as some sort of style icon has to be the biggest joke. Her style at best is Cali beach chic. It's like they took a girl from a strip mall in LA, tossed some designer clothes at her and are forcing us to view her as an icon. Is she blackmailing Anna Wintour or something? TWO Vogue covers? REALLY????

it helps to have friends in high places.

i burst out laughing when i saw those pics of leo and lucas at the beach. leo is posing as if it's a rap-video or Victoria's Secret beach shoot....but with ur clothes on. I wanted to reply to so many of the posts on here, everybody has such good stuff to say. but i guess that would get lengthy (and possibly boring).

I agree with the post above me @mikeijames that it definitely helps to have connections. which blake does. if i'm not mistaken, isn't her mom an agent/publicist/or something? also, i was talking to my friend about how blake is mischa barton version 2.0. except we came to the conclusion that with mischa, she shunned the industry since the beginning. when i say shunned, i mean, in an immature bratty way she acted like she was too good for it all. her interviews highlighted this attitude. and i think mischa let it get to her head, so she spiraled into oblivion the minute the OC fame wore off. in blake case, she comes from a family that has seemed to nurture her well and she found fame through Gossip Girl at a later age than 15 (like mischa with the OC). so she could remain more level headed. Also, i think the GG cast is lucky in the sense that GG never got to the height that the OC reached. so when the show ends (probably in the next season)...the actors/actresses will have an easier time to find new roles and won't feel type-casted or caged forever in the characters they played on a silly tv show.

i really like what @AutomneRoi20 had to say about the industry kind of giving her a chance to shine...and if she doesn't, they will drop her. i think people are fascinated by her because 1. she's obviously attractive (tall, blonde, thin) in the most basic sense 2. her personality seems very bubbly/welcoming. even in real life, if you think about the most good looking people you know...isn't the general public always caught off-guard when these aforementioned good looking ppl act nice and very warm. you're kind of like "wow, wait a minute...i thought youd be stuck up?" i think it's the same way with celebrities. people appreciate her so-called "california girl sunny outlook on life".

it seems that whatever gets shot up with so much velocity in such little time, is certain to fall as equally hard. the most sought-after careers in hollywood are the ones that took decades to establish. so unless you have substance to get you through the most difficult parts of fame... i don't think you can have any semblance of a lasting career. so far blake lively has seen only the good...i think this might be her little test...how she handles it from here. but not to sound too serious and heavy...i can also understand that she's a 23 year old girl who is totally star-struck with Leo Dicaprio...and she wants a summer romance. hell, if i were in her shoes, without a doubt in my mind, i would explore what leo had to show me. hahahah. yup.

lainey's post made me wonder...how come there are pics of leo doing his solo thing in between the meet-ups with Blake...but none of Blake doing her own thing? how come the paparazzi cant find her when she's alone...but always manage to get them together. not sure how to interpret this. any ideas?

LOL. Exactly. As I mentioned before, I've been a huge fan of his for a long, long time. When you're a fan of someone for a long period (10+ years), there are things that you notice or wonder about.

I haven't really been a fan of Leo for that long. But the articles I read of people who "know" Leo always say he enjoys women. Have you heard anything else, since you have been a fan for so long?

Same with the suggestion that Jake is dating Taylor because he is gay: let's see, He has dated Kirsten, Rheese, and now Taylor, all similar-looking cute waifish blondes. But they are all just contrived to to "hide" his gayness!? I am not buying it. Too conspiratorial imo.

I was suspicious when he started to date Reese (whom I have heard is the queen of PR. People Mag pretty much works for her or something) but Taylor? :lol: Definitely PR gone wrong.

it helps to have friends in high places.
Yes. Although Blake's family is not famous, they all work in the industry.

lainey's post made me wonder...how come there are pics of leo doing his solo thing in between the meet-ups with Blake...but none of Blake doing her own thing? how come the paparazzi cant find her when she's alone...but always manage to get them together. not sure how to interpret this. any ideas?

Well, Leo is A-list, Blake is not. Otherwise, his or her people are tipping them off.

I also want to add that despite the fact that I think Blake is talentless and annoying to watch, I'm sure she's a very lively girl - or at the very least, appear so to many. I think her likeability is what have helped endear her to a lot of the industry people. But to me it only shows the bias in the industry and how the industry can carry someone to fame. Whether Blake can sustain it is the remaining question. IF she develops better acting skills with time, then she still has a chance. If not, she will join all the other ex-IT-girls. But I have to say, it doesn't look so good for her atm because people are starting to discuss whom she's f*cking (Weinstein, Affleck, Gosling, Leo) to get where she is and nobody even really cares if it's true or not. People think her fame is a product of her PR team and/or the casting couch. That's how little credibility she has.

A lot of straight actors cannot settle down or do not for a long time. Why would this suggest they are gay. I am confused....

Ah ah, the gay thing is the most predictable rumor for a man actor, (and it's even worst for male model). I assume that it's because acting (or modeling) are not considered very mannish. I mean of course it is a hard work being a good model or a good actor, but they are mostly passive jobs based on seduction. You have to please the director or the photographer, this is not you who take the big decisions, and in most people's mind it's a feminine position. This is mostly prejudice in my opinion. And the truth about who is and who isn't will probably be tell in a long time, you know when actors get really old or die then a lot of secrets surface (which is the proof that you CAN hide a relationship in Hollywood :D).

It was easier to hide before when you didn't have the Internet and stalker fans. TODAY, you CAN only hide a relationship if you are indoors all the time or if you aren't famous enough.

^^Acting is considered "mannish"... I've never heard this before. A good actor is a good actor, ppl don't take u for a homo because ur a good actor. At the other hand, it's no secret they call male models gay. Actors and models have no similarities whatsoever.
Posted via Mobile Device

Why would they hide it if Leo is gay? It isn't the 50s. I would be surprised if they (film makers, agents, et al) felt the need to mask an actor or actress' sexuality.

Seems to me Blake is Leo's type: blonde, tall, bubbly.

not getting into Leo "is he isn't he gay" territory with this at all, but yeah, when it comes to gay actors/actresses it's hard to get booked for playing a straight man/woman. if anything, it's still pretty much a "scandalous" thing and with that comes an invitable reputation of such and hence it's harder to land a bigger role due to the "weight" that comes with it for a public eye to be assured. if sexuality was perceived as a secondary thing, there would be no such talk as it would be irrelevant for most of the peeps when they look at the showbiz and its products.

just look at Hugh Jackman..on the other hand the whole continuos gay rumor thing for Jake started just before the Brokeback mountain..that's how silly it goes...still till this very day..no matter how bankable are you, it's "better" to stay in closet or not pick gay roles if there's even a hint of suspicion about your sexual orientation. the only person i remember not getting any rumors despite playing a role of a gay person is Sean Penn, but hey it's Sean Penn we're talking about...he has a whole history of doing "extra macho stuff" in RL and on screen.

It was easier to hide before when you didn't have the Internet and stalker fans. TODAY, you CAN only hide a relationship if you are indoors all the time or if you aren't famous enough.

Very true, and it's only the beginning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->