Blondie

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (purplelucrezia @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-i_<3_chanel@Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:38 pm
p93805b.jpg
I loved that tee, I just wish I knew more about the person on it. :ninja:
For some reason, I feel like I need to understand what I'm wearing... [/b][/quote]
I always feel the same way... I love band tees and stuff, but I feel like people will come up to me and strike up a conversation about the band.. and I've only heard several songs :innocent:

Originally posted by smashinfashion@Jun 4th, 2004 - 11:51 pm
its eerie how stylish they look for today..totally ahead of their time
Afraid not! It's this vintage retro 'pick a decade' style that has caught up with the 80's. Don't understand why fashion has to look back to the past so much. And as for the 80's, jesus, I lived through them, please no more!

Originally posted by nuiko+Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:41 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:41 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jun 4th, 2004 - 7:25 pm
!!! :heart: :innocent:
:lol:
i want that pin! [/b][/quote]
so do i... :lol: ...

i love this look on guys...so frankly...i'm not going tocomplain if boys are dressing like this,...even if it's not the most origiinal idea...a lot of this style was taken from the 50's/60's beatnik look anyway...much of these clothes came from thrift stores back then...

the mods are another group that adopted a similar look...(hint hint)

here's an example of the original look... :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 5th, 2004 - 11:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 11:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by nuiko@Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:41 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey
@Jun 4th, 2004 - 7:25 pm
!!! :heart:  :innocent:

i want that pin!

i love this look on guys...so frankly...i'm not going tocomplain if boys are dressing like this,...even if it's not the most origiinal idea...a lot of this style was taken from the 50's/60's beatnik look anyway...much of these clothes came from thrift stores back then...

here's an example of the original look... :wink: [/b][/quote]
Diff a good look. I do that sometimes. I just wish I could my own suits ! :angry:

Missing word from last post is AFFORD. I wish I could afford my own suits!

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 5th, 2004 - 11:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 11:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey

i want that pin!

here's an example of the original look... :wink:[/b][/quote]
love fellini films softgrey :flower:

quadrophenia is another must see for mod culture and fashion :heart: :heart: :heart:

and clay, mods would buy a suit and they used tailors often to make them real slim..such perfectionists B)

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep+Jun 5th, 2004 - 8:19 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheSoCalledPrep @ Jun 5th, 2004 - 8:19 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:47 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-i_<3_chanel
@Jun 5th, 2004 - 4:38 pm
p93805b.jpg

I loved that tee, I just wish I knew more about the person on it. :ninja:
For some reason, I feel like I need to understand what I'm wearing...
I always feel the same way... I love band tees and stuff, but I feel like people will come up to me and strike up a conversation about the band.. and I've only heard several songs :innocent: [/b][/quote]
maybe you know a little more now than you did before... :huh: ... :flower: :heart:

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 4th, 2004 - 6:23 pm
yes..the guy she's hugging is chris stein her boyfriend for many years...are they married?...
They were on TV together quite recently so you'd guess it's long term...

"Call Me!" is such a great song...it makes me want to own my own personal Richard Gere + Mercedes when I hear it in American Gigolo...

i can soooo relate...prince...

when i still had my car...i'd turn it up VERY VERY LOUD...open all the windows and the roof and just cruise..... B)

mmmm...i wouldn't mind doing that right now.... :rolleyes: :flower:

Originally posted by smashinfashion+Jun 7th, 2004 - 4:36 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (smashinfashion @ Jun 7th, 2004 - 4:36 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 5th, 2004 - 11:48 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-softgrey

i want that pin!

here's an example of the original look... :wink:
love fellini films softgrey :flower:

quadrophenia is another must see for mod culture and fashion :heart: :heart: :heart:

and clay, mods would buy a suit and they used tailors often to make them real slim..such perfectionists B) [/b][/quote]
Someone I know used to be a Mod. Was in a gang, wore a suit, used to wear a parka over it, and he said he never rode a vespa or a peg.

Things were cheaper in the sixties, and he said he spent his money on a suit, but only wore it on the weekends. And it was really violent and he had a cosh and I wish I was there. :wink:

Mods were stylish, and that's the best a street hood can look. I wan't my own Mod gang, all these young uns, with their sports gear, pah!

So basically, 'I remember the days when you could buy a fish & chip supper and still have change from a shilling?' :wink:

ahem....gentlemen...have you noticed that we now have a mod...thread...

just for the boys.... :kiss: :flower:

...although i admit that i enjoy looking at them myself... :innocent: :wink:

Blondie @ 2007 Lovebox Weekender | London

Debbie Harry
52w6i3d.jpg

4tzsv4g.jpg

Blondie members: Paul Carbonara, Chris Stein, Debbie Harry, Clem Burke, Kevin Patrick and Leigh Foxx
6be185z.jpg

Debbie & Soul II Soul's Chickaboo

4ygzt6q.jpg

Source: wireimages

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"