BoBo Chic

www.purseblog.com
LiLo_Slammin.jpg

www.jessicastyle.com
2084.jpg

I think there's a difference between bobo and just being dressed down. I don't think everytime someone where's sweats and a nice bag it's intentional to look a certain way. I went out shopping in skinny jeans, birks and oversized vintage (ie I found it in my basement) hoodie with my Jimmy Choo Ramona but it was because I was dressed down and I'm not going to change my bag to 'match' the price of the rest of my outfit? I think thats a bit absurd. I understand that some people buy expensive pieces that look like a lot less but sometimes I think people just want to be comfy and mix and match and not bother.

Bobo is an attitude, a concept, not just a way of under-dressing..

About MK.... What is even more bobo than her fake-poor appearance is the fact that she got her bodyguard to look scrubby as well. afterall a james bond lookalike standing next to her would really hurt her newfound street credibility, not to mention it looks so much better when in magazine articles about the trend. so what next? a mashed up ferrari with broken windows and flat tires?

makes me think of Bam Margiela, you know that millionaire skater punk on MTV who invented Jackass. Last time i watched it he was drilling apart holes in his lamborghini because it was too hot, and drove his Hummer off a cliff after losing a stupid bet. He's like the godfather of BOBO-ism !

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly, and I was suggesting that some of the pics weren't bobo because they were just 'under dressing'. but I really don't think Bam is bobo at all. Just stupid

this is kinda funny cuz bobo means stupid in tagalog..

stupid chic lol. seems like the perfect name for this look

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahah, wow I never knew this had a title..I often dress like it, except not normally with designer bags/sunglasses, but with nice jewelry instead I guess.. I think muted colors work well on me, and I don't really know why I like wearing them so much more than brights but I do! Of course I don't have the whole "my attitude reflects my clothing" thing.. but I do like vintage looking things and...slightly ripped/mineral washed t-shirts. Especially if they're long. Okay, just my point of view. :smile:

I love the boho style, but Mary-Kate olsen is a exception.

I dunno..I appreciate this trend..Something irks me about someone who has to match their bag to their shoes to their nails...etc...

Or they have a chanel bag and they HAVE to wear chanel shoes, a chanel outfit....

i don't get all this bobo, hobo and boho things :D well okay boho is pretty obvious but the rest.. don't have a clue what the heck is going on

In the Philippines, bobo means "dumb". :smile:

I agree, this will look good on some people. However, on some, it simply looks trashy. I love the look though. :smile:

fairy said:
but what about ppl who really don't give a damn?!
They wear sweatpants and t-shirts...trust me I go to school with them.

Is MK still dresssing in bobo chic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->