Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie January 2005 - March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm pretty convinced there's always a split talk, this one was stuck for unknown reasons. i don't get it.

this time reputable media took the rumour seriously. i read they even had helicopters around their house. they must be pissed.and yes maddox can understand the rumours now.

maybe theyve had enough?
my reaction after reading that, big magazine or not, was FINALLY!

i think angie acts well. her role in Gia was amazing! and changeling was great too.
as for brad ive just watched his oceans movies tbh. so i cant really say much!

They have better chance winning against British tabloids than US ones because British tabs have to prove that what they wrote is true and US tabloids the celebs have to prove what the tabloids wrote is false. The NOTW **** create a snow storm that legitimate news outlet ran with.

you get CNN, ABC, NBC , CBS , every major newspaper headliners of the Brangelina lies of splitting it was the last straw, couple that with Maddox getting hold of the news from newsworthy like CNN for example with a kid that impressionable and sensitive enough is enough. What News of the World did was beyond tabloid trashing , it was illegal and criminal: intrusion and libel. It was a confidential document takened from a law firm AND printed an unconfirmed information, at that. You don't get a divorce lawyer to write up asset divisions and custody of children when no marriage took place. Thats more of a pre-nup agreement. Obviously, News of the World didn't think...
:rolleyes:

this time reputable media took the rumour seriously. i read they even had helicopters around their house. they must be pissed.and yes maddox can understand the rumours now.

BINGO!

They have better chance winning against British tabloids than US ones because British tabs have to prove that what they wrote is true and US tabloids the celebs have to prove what the tabloids wrote is false. The NOTW **** create a snow storm that legitimate news outlet ran with.

. You don't get a divorce lawyer to write up asset divisions and custody of children when no marriage took place. Thats more of a pre-nup agreement. Obviously, News of the World didn't think...
:rolleyes:

That's not true at all. Divorce or Family lawyers definitely deal with exactly this stuff! It's their jurisdiction.

That's not true at all. Divorce or Family lawyers definitely deal with exactly this stuff! It's their jurisdiction.

definitely. it would be in their best interest to go to a family lawyer for this.. six kids and $300 million of assets. that would be first stop.

I said DIVORCE LAWYERS are NOT INVOLVED when you're not married so it's obsurd. Brad and Angelina are not married... yet

Besides, there were no divorce lawyers involved with the Jolie-Pitt , as it was already stated by the "intended" divorce lawyer that News of the World claimed.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that what yum_yum and i were trying to get across was that, in many countries, if you have children together or assets/property together, you would go through the same process when splitting that you would if you were married. hence, many, many divorce lawyers would deal with a couple that was not actually married by law. a divorce lawyer is not limited to dealing with couples that are legally married.

I don't think they're really called "divorce" lawyers, they're "family lawyers". So they basically have everything to do with family related matters, such as custody agreements. Some places recognize common-law couples and they would consult a family lawyer if they separated, even if it is technically not a divorce (but they still divide assets, custody, etc.).

"divorce lawyer" is a colloquial term. They're called Family Lawyers and they deal with all aspects of family life, including separation of relationships categorised as de facto, domestic relationship, cohabitation - whatever term you choose to use.

All Western countries acknowledge the domestic relationship and afford the same rights (if not slightly skewed in favour of the female) as a marriage.

Smartarse you should do some research before you get all caps crazy on me.

My mom (she's in showbiz) said that stars don't sue American tabloids because of the Freedom of the Press thing that's similar to Freedom of Speech: they have to prove tabloids were being malicious to them and trying to hurt or harm them for real legal action to take place. The "Get-out-of-Jail Free card" comes when they say they believed it was true at the time of printing.
It might be different in the UK. And contrary to another post, I've heard several people in the UK saying the British tabloids are the worst and make the National Enquirer look like People :blink: I've never been to the UK though, btw, so it's just what i've heard.

In the past, plenty of celebrity couples have sued newspapers, redoubled their appearances in convenient romantic photo-ops, or even run full-page ads proclaiming their great love and commitment to each other ...only to break up three months later.

It's what I love about Hollywood, people don't have relationships, they have multiple narratives. There's the storyline the tabloids produce for entertainment, the inside track that can't be printed but is widely whispered, the actual intimate truth which will be be crazier than we can possibly imagine, and then the mythologising that will happen twenty years later when someone writes an article about it for Vanity Fair, with the perspective of time and distance.

i'm sick of all the angelina and brad split rumours. why can't they be allowed by the media and the public to be happy together?

true America has freedom of the press and it has been used as tabloids weaponry against a celebrity's threat to legal actions.

The British tabloid is the most notorious, ruthless and relentless and they will twist a truth to serve their purpose of mocking and most importantly bullying the intended celebrity. Piers Morgan a former UK tabloid journalist has confessed how dirty his own tabloid boys club really are and he is ashamed to have been part of it. This was in the midst of the Susan Boyle british tabloid slamming during and after her Britains Got Talent performance.

My mom (she's in showbiz) said that stars don't sue American tabloids because of the Freedom of the Press thing that's similar to Freedom of Speech: they have to prove tabloids were being malicious to them and trying to hurt or harm them for real legal action to take place. The "Get-out-of-Jail Free card" comes when they say they believed it was true at the time of printing.
It might be different in the UK. And contrary to another post, I've heard several people in the UK saying the British tabloids are the worst and make the National Enquirer look like People :blink: I've never been to the UK though, btw, so it's just what i've heard.

the media targets Brad and Angelina like they did with Princess Diana, relentless, ruthless, and money making "lies" of stories.

I speak from experience when they come to NYC for work. Paparazzi hanging around where one or both happened to be. major frenzy, chaotic and bothersome, couple that with fans. Their pictures as well as tabloid bashing are sensationalism like a Shakespearean play...

yum yum - youre speaking in general term i'm speaking soley on Brad and Angelinas situations. THIS IS HOWEVER ABOUT THE BRAD AND ANGELINA CASE AND THREAD not about the general terms of a family lawyer or divorce lawyer.

i'm sick of all the angelina and brad split rumours. why can't they be allowed by the media and the public to be happy together?

HK/Chinese/Asian tabloids can give the British ones a run for their money in terms of harassment and slander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->