Angelina Jolie adopts a daughter

meme527 said:
[/i]

respectfully, i disagree. there are many ways to create a healthy, loving family environment for a child. i am sure maddox and zahara will have that, whatever angelina chooses, because she puts them first.
Completely agree, I grew up without a father and I am perfectly fine.:woot: I think as long as the parent can handle the children and love and care for them then there is no reason they have to have a father, especially if angelina has no one in her life to father the children.:flower: :D

StyleIsInUs said:
agree, she's diffrent than all hollywood womans. I respect her, too!:smile:

It seems that a lot of other hollywood women adopt children as well. Angelina's not the first (although she gets the most popular media attention from it). BUt still kudos to her and everyone who does adopt.

Mia Farrow - who has adopted 6 children (as well as giving birth to four). "Amongst them are a Vietnamese war orphan with asthma, a crack-addicted baby, who was blind and died recently, a paraplegic, and a polio victim who had been abandoned at a Calcutta railway station."

Then of course there is sharon stone, nicole kidman, rosie o'donnelle (who actively advocates adoption), callista flockhart, steven spielberg and wife, connie chung, diane keaton, etc.

Here is a good article

http://www.cuckoografik.org/trained_tales/orp_pages/news/news28.html

^^"Isabella's natural mother was allegedly persuaded by Cruise and other church members to follow strict Scientology rituals during her pregnancy, which included maintaining absolute silence during the birth"

:shock:

kylie80 said:
^^"Isabella's natural mother was allegedly persuaded by Cruise and other church members to follow strict Scientology rituals during her pregnancy, which included maintaining absolute silence during the birth"

:shock:

if that is true, it is barbaric. insane.:angry:

so. i hope it's not true.:doh:

meme527 said:
respectfully, i disagree. there are many ways to create a healthy, loving family environment for a child. i am sure maddox and zahara will have that, whatever angelina chooses, because she puts them first.

*clap*

meme527 said:
[/i]

I agree with that. You can clearly see how much attention she gives Maddox. My friend saw her in a museum in NYC pointing out and explaining everything to Maddox and he said it's the cutest thing he's seen. Her attentiveness is more than most parents so I'm sure that Zahara is going to be in a good home. Angelina did mention she wanted to adopt more and have a multicultural family so it's great that her little family is starting to grow.^_^

I came from a family without a dad at a young age...my mom never made me feel like I was missing out because she cared well enough for me on her own. It's not the father thats going to make the situation better, its the caring...plus if the baby is used to their single parent, introducing a father later on might make it worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
surferchica said:
Completely agree, I grew up without a father and I am perfectly fine.:woot: I think as long as the parent can handle the children and love and care for them then there is no reason they have to have a father, especially if angelina has no one in her life to father the children.:flower: :D

I am sure you are fine. But I still believe that a child needs good paternal and maternal rearing in order to be well rounded, emotionally stable, etc. Surferchica, you are rare. :flower:

*Happiness* said:
I am sure you are fine. But I still believe that a child needs good paternal and maternal rearing in order to be well rounded, emotionally stable, etc. Surferchica, you are rare. :flower:

This may be cynical but I think it's rare to have good paternal AND good maternal rearing, even in the regular two parent families. :P Some people just don't know how to be parents.

My parents are crazy. But I still love them. Most of the time. I think I would have been better off with a happier single mom, than a pair of mostly unhappy mom and dad.

Still. I know what you're saying. Kids need a network, and having a male role model is important especially for boys, though this can come in the form of close male friends, male relatives, etc.

Good luck to them. I hope Zahara will be a healthy happy girl.

Uh, I'm pretty sure Angelina has a good handle on things.

Isn't it rare for a single mother to adopt in the first place? She must be a great mother.And I think it's sweet that Brad went with her to sign the papers. He seems like he would make a great godfather.

And for all we know, Angelina could already have male figure for Maddox and Zahara.

*Happiness* said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - do not go there.

as a single mother, you insult me, and you insult my family. stop.

feel free to start a forum on your moral beliefs about motherhood somewhere else. this isn't about that.

I think it's emotionally better for children to be raised by a Good single mother, than have to live with an unhappy couple (Out of personal experience)- Angelina seems like a great role model, and better her single than raising kids around weird ex billy-bob ^_^

Meme, more power to you :flower:

im so glad she adopted a daughter!!!!!!! I adore Maddox already....she seems like a really good mum, and she will be FINE without a man!!!

*Happiness* said:
I respect what you are saying but I think your views are very narrowminded. I'm not "Rare" as you put it. There are plenty of single mothers and fathers out there raising amazing children. I honestly don't think you need a father and a mother to be well rounded:innocent:

*Happiness* said:
Congrats to angie and family....now if she can only get a father for these children...because they will need one. All children need a mother and a father imo.
Holy.. Could you get anymore "old school".. I am so offened by this. I provide my daughter with EVERYTHING and I do EVERYTHING with my daughter.. she see's her dad on a part time basis, I'm the one that takes her to school, puts clothes on her back, feeds her, plays with her, does homework with her, cleans her up, answers hard questions and so on.. not her dad.. me! I'm sure many single mom's feel the same way:rolleyes: . My daughter is number one to me.

surferchica said:
I respect what you are saying but I think your views are very narrowminded. I'm not "Rare" as you put it. There are plenty of single mothers and fathers out there raising amazing children. I honestly don't think you need a father and a mother to be well rounded:innocent:

Well said.. But my daughter is VERY MUCH well rounded. She is the top of her class, at the age of 8 reading Harry Potter books, very well behaved and respectful! Happiness, it's people such as you that makes it so difficult for us... unbelievable!

*AndoraStar* said:
Well said.. But my daughter is VERY MUCH well rounded. She is the top of her class, at the age of 8 reading Harry Potter books, very well behaved and respectful! Happiness, it's people such as you that makes it so difficult for us... unbelievable!
I think you are confused:blink: . I said, "I don't think a child needs a Father and a Mother to be well-rounded.". Now I do agree if the child get's to see both the parents if they are split then that's great, but I was talking about angelina adopting a child and not needing a father for the child to make her and him "well-rounded children" :D

NO I'm not confused.. I was saying "well said" to you.. The rest was directed at Happiness.

fashionicon said:
Uh, I'm pretty sure Angelina has a good handle on things.

Isn't it rare for a single mother to adopt in the first place? She must be a great mother.And I think it's sweet that Brad went with her to sign the papers. He seems like he would make a great godfather.

And for all we know, Angelina could already have male figure for Maddox and Zahara.

That's what I was trying to say. :flower:

meme527 said:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - do not go there.

as a single mother, you insult me, and you insult my family. stop.

feel free to start a forum on your moral beliefs about motherhood somewhere else. this isn't about that.

Okay, let me stop before I become some evil person on this board. I've already gotten a PM about me "single motherhood bashing" (which I wasn't doing). I was only expressing my opinion. I openly apologize to everyone who was offended by my previous posts. Thanks everyone for your sharing your thoughts and opinions. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->