Angelina Jolie adopts a daughter

Congrats to angie and family....now if she can only get a father for these children...because they will need one. All children need a mother and a father imo.

Brad was there with her last week to sign the adoption papers and I heard that he dropped out of his apperance in Scotland to go with Agelina to pick up the baby.

so happy for her... she does seem like a great mother. :heart:

*Happiness* said:
Congrats to angie and family....now if she can only get a father for these children...because they will need one. All children need a mother and a father imo.

:heart: but i do wish her all the best.

angelina jolie is a really beautiful person, i think, inside and out.

i wonder about the health of the child. i sincerely, mightily hope zahara is well. luckily angelina will have enough resources to deal with anything that might come up.

my son is still asking for a little brother or sister!

Angelina is such a wonderful person. I have so much respect and time for her.She's so selfless and has given a chance in life to two little children.
Wonderful woman.:flower: :heart:

roppal222 said:
Angelina is such a wonderful person. I have so much respect and time for her.She's so selfless and has given a chance in life to two little children.
Wonderful woman.:flower: :heart:

agree, she's diffrent than all hollywood womans. I respect her, too!:smile:

Man, she never ceases to amaze me. I wish Angie and her family all the best.

I also think it's amazing what she's doing ... I find her really annoying as a celebrity, but I can't help but like her for her charity work and commitment to help the less fortunate ...

*Happiness* said:

I could not agree more...

If I had the finances, I'd adopt children when I get married, but unfortunately, it's so costly I think that only those with a large amount of money can pull it off safely. Besides the outright adoption costs, there are the health issues that come with adopting a child who has an unclear family history.

With that said, I think all 'rich' people should adopt, so 'thumbs up' to Angelina :flower:

Jolie, Pitt Taking Home Ethiopian Orphan
Jul 7, 11:01 AM EST

Photo gallery: Angelina Jolie

The Associated Press

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia -- Angelina Jolie and her "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" co-star Brad Pitt are in Ethiopia to pick up the orphaned baby girl she is adopting, an official said Thursday.

Pitt, Jolie and Jolie's 3-year-old son Maddox arrived Wednesday. The couple have refused to speak to The Associated Press about the adoption.

Tesfeye Berhu, manager of the Wide Horizons agency, which arranged the adoption, said the exact cause of death of the baby's parents isn't clear, but he suspects they died of AIDS, which has killed more than 900,000 people in Ethiopia.

Jolie has named her 5-month-old daughter Zahara Marley Jolie, according to People magazine's Web site.

The twice-divorced Jolie has often talked of adopting a second child. The 30-year-old actress has told People that she and Maddox, whom she adopted in Cambodia, are "very happy to have a new addition to our family."

For months, rumors of Pitt and Jolie's off-screen relationship have been circulating. The couple have been photographed together near her Buckinghamshire, England, estate, while he rides a dirt bike with Maddox. They have also been photographed with Maddox on a beach in Africa.

Pitt, 41, and his wife, Jennifer Aniston, announced their separation in January. Aniston filed for divorce in March, citing irreconcilable differences. Pitt has denied Jolie is the reason for the split and Jolie has said she's never had sex with Pitt.

Ethiopia, a country of 70 million, has more than 5 million orphans, their parents lost to famine, disease, war and AIDS.

In 2003, a record 1,400 children were adopted from abroad, more than double the number in the previous year. The number of private adoption agencies in Addis Ababa, the capital, has doubled in the past year to 30.

Ethiopia has strict laws to thwart dubious adoption agents and fraudulent paperwork. Agencies charge adoption fees of about $20,000 per child.

Related story: People magazine scores Pitt, Jolie photos

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Why they have to drag the name of "Aniston" and their divorce into this "Jolie, Pitt Taking Home Ethiopian Orphan" thing?

aww she's so sweet. she's going to have a multi-cultural family. that's what i want too.

Congrats to her!!! :woot: She seems like a really lovely and caring person and I wish all the best of luck to her and her children :flower:

Originally Posted by *Happiness*

Plastic'sWife said:
I could not agree more...

respectfully, i disagree. there are many ways to create a healthy, loving family environment for a child. i am sure maddox and zahara will have that, whatever angelina chooses, because she puts them first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->