BTS Fashion

StyleTeenie

Reaction score
School starts in a matter of days (or weeks, for the luckier of us), so what will you be wearing the first day back? And what trends will you high school girls go for?

Also, what must-haves are on your fall/winter to-buy list?

Originally posted by utopia@Aug 23rd, 2003 - 1:20 pm
how about back to college students too? :flower:
yes! include us!

Originally posted by StyleTeenie@Aug 23rd, 2003 - 4:05 pm
Edited to include college fashionistas as well! :smile:
ot: I edited the topic description for you :flower:

as for me, heading back to uni, my look is going to be a lot more functional rather than trendy for the rainy scottish winter that will probably set in by october and last till april :shock: this is what I will be packing to wear...

- black cashmere turtlenecks
- comfy dark flared jeans, short denim mini, full length a-line denim skirt
- 20-eye dr martens, black leather trainers, black pointy flats (till the weather sets in)
- different outerwear pieces to choose from, including my black knee-length a-line raincoat, black quilted vest, red a-line raincoat, blazers, or my side-zip black leather motorcycle jacket.
- my black hamptons carryall from coach for carrying books
- long pashmina scarves in every colour (bright chartreuse green, sky blue, baby pink, black and maroon so far)
- elbow-length leather gloves or arm warmers, depending on the outfit

I'd like to try to wear more skirts this year, since I have so many nice wool vintage skirts. the rain complicates things a bit though :P

I'd like to wear a lot more skirts as well, but with the Dutch weather (soundtrack: here comes the rain again & wind & wuthering) I'll really have to make an effort :smile: I plan on wearing a lot of turtlenecks, they're nice and warm and they look terrific on me. I'll try to dress less boring than last year, when I basically wore trousers and a knit sweater every day.
Tomorrow, I'm gonna go shopping for turtlenecks and brown leather boots!

Originally posted by lilac_wine@Aug 29th, 2003 - 9:29 am
I'll try to dress less boring than last year, when I basically wore trousers and a knit sweater every day.
Tomorrow, I'm gonna go shopping for turtlenecks and brown leather boots!
I did that too :lol: I think it was the shock of finding myself by the north sea in the freezing rainy winter that hurled me into a jeans and jumpers fashion rut. hopefully this year will be more fashionably successful. :wink:

Originally posted by utopia@Aug 29th, 2003 - 3:34 pm
I think it was the shock of finding myself by the north sea in the freezing rainy winter that hurled me into a jeans and jumpers fashion rut. hopefully this year will be more fashionably successful. :wink:
Let's try together sister!!!! Since we're both stuck in the same type of weather (california dreaming), if you can be fashionally succesful in that weather, so can I :smile:

Originally posted by lilac_wine@Aug 29th, 2003 - 12:06 pm
Let's try together sister!!!! Since we're both stuck in the same type of weather (california dreaming), if you can be fashionally succesful in that weather, so can I :smile:
ot: indeed this shall be a year for stepping out and, er... kicking northern weather in the bum to prove that fashion will prevail. :wink:

Nothing but jeans for me once classes begin. Skirts are reserved for Friday and Saturday night. And with those jeans i'll be wearing t-shirts, sweaters and sneakers (those will turn into boots once the snow falls).

I don't know how some people dress up for school. It's destracting for the person and for me! :D

i dont start fashion college till October, but i'll be wearing mostly jeans, black jackets and SRead t-shirts with leather wrist accesories and a big holdall

At my school we wear, tiffany's necklaces, james avery bracelets, and either ruffly skirts with sleeveless or cap sleeved fitted tops, Arabian print type shirts, Earl Jeans, flip flops, or sandles, or colorful tennis shoes and LV bags.

At my school people will still be wearing Peasant Tops from Wet Seal and Charlotte Russe, LEI and Mudd Platforms, anything gross and cheap you can imagine, they will be wearing it. :cry:

I'll be wearing off the wall 80s pumps, (none over $4. Thank you Salvation Army), super long jeans,
super short skirts,
colored tights,
80s earings,
my great finds from the tons of thrift stores around (2 jumpers, mint green beret almost exact to the MJ beret
p10448343_ph_althero_Light_Blue.jpg
, pleated plaid skirts, my tons and tons of shoes, etc).
I might prep it up a bit, but I'm not going to look like I walked out of an AE
window. :P

I guess you could say, I'm recreating designer looks. I'm not going to "waste" my money on designer clothing to wear to my school. :(

My $1 Yves Saint Laurent Pumps

yvessaintlaurent001.JPG

YSL1.JPG

I will be the only person in JHS that will know what Yves Saint Laurent is. :cry:

ahhh!!! Love those YSL pumps! unfortunately I live in a small town where no one would own YSL in which they could give to a thrift shop! great find :woot:

Originally posted by mehg@Aug 30th, 2003 - 5:35 pm
ahhh!!! Love those YSL pumps! unfortunately I live in a small town where no one would own YSL in which they could give to a thrift shop! great find :woot:
I never thought anyone here would own YSL shoes and give them to a thrift shop either!

Someone probably got them from their grandmother/aunt/whatever, didn't realize what YSL was, and just gave them to a thrift shop. :blink:

hahaha fools! hehe. :lol:
i'm sure they will look ultra fabu!

fabulous thrifter's style, almostfamous :woot: I've found designer stuff at thrift stores too - just a couple of weeks ago an authentic dior necklace ($24) and rosina ferregamo schiavone snakeskin stilettos ($1.99). last year I got a vintage givenchy pencil skirt from a thrift store for $3 as well. it's amazing what people will give away. :shock:

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Aug 30th, 2003 - 4:25 pm

I guess you could say, I'm recreating designer looks. I'm not going to "waste" my money on designer clothing to wear to my school. :(

dount wear it to school thats what i do :wink:

but thats kind of a waste i geuss but i dount care

Ahh! I cannot wait to wear them!

Although, I feel like these shoes may be my only designer find from these thrift stores, :unsure: . That's alright, I'm happy with what I've ended up with! B)

I'll save my money for my designer peices once I move out of this town. Which is in 2 more years, baby! woo!!! Hopefully earlier if I can get enough time to take some classes at the local college and graduate high school earlier! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->