Shoe trends F/W 05.06

mas said:
Cowboy boots are over...out...finito!!!!!!!!!!

I could just hug you for this :lol:

but unfortunately they are still selling strong for F/W '05. It is yucky for lack of a better word. Makes me think of the rockers from the 80's.

Top shoe trends for the upcoming seasons?

What's everyone's "shoe-craving" lists for fall?

I'm with Dulcisima....knee high boots with tall heels. I've got my eyes on these from BR.
br330323-00p1.jpg

I also want a good pair of rainboots/wellies for the cold rainy days. I've got my sights set on these from Tamara Henriques.

hunter_hearts.jpg

They cost about $100, but I think they may be worth it because they are 15" tall (most rainboots are much shorter) and most importantly they are cotton lined for comfort and warmth.

I don't wear a lot of boots.. but I think those Chloe loafers are very cute.

tall, mid, or ankle boots?

check them out, all around $190-250

credit goes to bananarepublic.com

I don't care for the "short" boots AT ALL !!!

I only wear knee high boots with stilletoes and knee length skirts/dresses. BUT....BR does have some cool knee high boots this year. Short boots....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I want myslef to get me some nice brown boots and some black dress shoes.

Trends for Shoes/Boots this Fall/Winter?

I don't know if this should be in Trend Spotting or Shoes Shoes Shoes.

I believe these are the trends for shoes and boots this fall and winter, please comment/correct/etc :

Shoes:
Moccassins
Flats
Tassels
Wedges
Round Toes

Boots:
Flat-heel knee-highs
Slouchy
Suede
Round Toes

Last edited by a moderator:
Yasmin said:
I don't know if this should be in Trend Spotting or Shoes Shoes Shoes.

I believe these are the trends for shoes and boots this fall and winter, please comment/correct/etc :

Shoes:
Moccassins
Flats
Tassels
Wedges
Round Toes

Boots:
Flat-heel knee-highs
Slouchy
Suede
Round Toes

Hi, Yasmin, you should give us an update on how your style makeover is coming along :flower:

Here are my thoughts ...

Mocassins and tassels ... maybe not so much
Heeled loafers are strong
Wedges--for sure, I've been surprised how strong for fall
Round toes--definitely, although tapered are still strong too and I think pretty unavoidable for Victorian influence, for example
Along with the toe rounding, heels are widening, but again both still strong
Flats are still strong, particularly ballet it seems
Square toe coming along
60s, Victorian, neo Gothic, menswear influences

Other trends ... embellishment is still going strong (thankfully :P)
Exotic skins are strong (boots too)--croc, eel, snake, lizard (and lots of embossed)
Texture is strong--suede, calfhair, ponyhair, velvet
I feel animal prints are waning

Boots--higher seems to be better, perhaps to the knee is most common, but pretty much every height but ankle seems to be represented, from high shoe to above the ankle to knee to over the knee
I would say structured is stronger than slouchy, slouchy is waning IMO
Other trends pretty much same as shoes

hmm excuses but i think round toes and flats are not that hot this season, both those trends are more its more fw04.05 ...

*agreed on wedges (both on shoes and boots)
*ankle boots
*croc etc
*color (teal, grey, blue, green, mauve)
*texture & embelishment
*chunky heels
*square-ish toes in an early 60's mood (even though i hate them)

mh, interesting. IMO round toe shoes and boots are heavily represented. i've seen many editorials on them as well as boutiques stocking them. i'm glad about as i was never crazy about the pointy toes.

I thought we had a topic like this around somewhere already....will contribute and then search for a merge.

definately wedge boots....i've been craving them like mad....may finally finally give in and buy a pair of boots...
wedgeshoes

contrary lena, i find that round toed boots started emerging in 04/05 I find they are only really really comign out now...and i think flats are classic...but I don't like flat boots....the ones that have come out this season are very awkward looking (thinking of Dior here)
agree with ankle boots which i find difficult to wear but there were some great ones produced this season (esp. Prada)

edit:
I saw earlier in this thread that you said you didn't think height was as big lena but I find that this f/w that I am loving sky high heels esp. the Louboutin 5" clichy or the roland mouret shoes (also produced by CL)

Last edited by a moderator:
i can see your point on round toes meg and everyone posting here.. maybe its a personal 6thing for me, since i've been wearing round toes since 2002, thats when Prada frist took them out , so naturally i find this trend slightly over by now.. but i can see the point in them catching up now

i dont think pointy are 'in' its just that a much softer version of pointy shoes is welcome for those like me who have been wearing round toe flats (and heels) for three years in a row

and thanks for the merge meg :flower:

welcome :flower:

haha lena-i see your point, you've been heralding round toes for ages now! unfortunately, i still find pointy toes everywhere so i'm still quite sick of them unless the toe is quite 'short' if this makes sense....ie. i do not like a long pointy toe

sort of the like the return of the pleat in menswear when in the mainstream never ever really went out

Meg said:
edit:
I saw earlier in this thread that you said you didn't think height was as big lena but I find that this f/w that I am loving sky high heels esp. the Louboutin 5" clichy or the roland mouret shoes (also produced by CL)

i still believe high heels are not a trend meg (thats exactly why i'm finally re-embracing high heels in my personal wardrobe :D)
its more like medium height from what i saw in the shops last weekend in Paris and most 'new' flats of the season seem a bit boring, but thats only for me, no universal truth, just personal taste :wink:

well I will definately be wearing high heels this a/w.

Here's a pic of the Mouret's (which are very interesting as the platform in the toe is 'hidden')
00070m.jpg

(www.style.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->