Shoe trends F/W 05.06

I personally am getting sick of wedges, they're not as nice as they uses to be, maybe a slimmer stiletto wedge that is more low profile than a big chunky wedge. T-straps will still be huge and I think cages will still be going strong. The slingback will finally get the notice it deserves, they're insanely chic.

I think the stiletto is long overdue for a comeback, season after season of beaded/ribboned/embroidered flats, wedges and espadrilles, a clean black patent setback stiletto (a la Clichy) is refreshing. Clean lines are definately overdue. Shoes will focus more on shape and material rather than ornamentation or any extra details. Patent leather is back and with a vengance I think, I love it soo much.

I'm seeing a lot of patent leather.Each time this trend comes around I get a pair,but I have never been able to make myself wear them:cry: .This time I have bought the low heeled red patent leather mary janes from miu miu at NAP.com:o .I think they're cute though...if all else fails I'll wear them under long jeans :lol: .

round toed pumps will continue edge out pointy pumps, the latter now seeming severe and too dressy

^ god, i really hope so! in fact i was wearing some pointy pumps the other day and when i looked down at my feet, i just felt they looked so ugly. as for here, pointy shoes are still *the* thing to wear... its taking so long for rounds and other shapes to get in. although im with lena and going for some squarish toes~~

Lady Muck said:
Heels are getting thicker, shoes are looking heavier and less delicate as time goes on. It does take people a while to get to new shapes, sometimes as long as 18 months to a year, you might change your mind in the future.

Of course stilettos always remain for some people but we are talking trends here and the trend is for much chunkier.

Wedges are not going away.

so... does this mean wedge boots are coming??? :innocent: :woot:
i really want a pair... or not if they are going to be chunky wedges...
gaaah i donno i will have to see them when they come out.

I have been wanting some lace up boots for so long, but I've held off on buying them cause I''m not sure how versatile they are. I wear really casual clothes most of the time, would they work with jeans? There's a pic with Vanessa paradis wearing some lace ups and those are the ones I want. I'm not sure how to post pics, but I"ll try to put that one up if I can.
-gincat

attachment.php

Hope it worked!
-gincat

I just went to an interview for shoe design.... There was this awesome inspiration wall with tons of accessories and photos pinned to it.

There were four schemes... one was called Dollywood(Dolly Parton, lots of jewels very 70's-ish),

Then there was Factory girl... lots of black, zippers hardware, very edgy.

Then the other two I can't remember what they were called... but one was lots of brown leather, brass hardware, very boho...

The other was very car-inspired.

Lots of boots, lots of t-straps, lots of platforms.... vintage is in.. as always.

It made me super excited for the position.

Thanks all for your help... I actually took a lot of your ideas and tried to put them into a few designs for my portfolio. :wink:

So far I think you're all dead on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one question to all of you fashionistas: Should I by these?

^definetely :bounce: ! they're gorgeous, the print is gorgeous ! how much are they, alba?

Ca...1400 KR...bought them on Ebay....but...you know I can still run from it....(I know..I know...not very classy)...
But they are kinda ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!:D

Haha...and thx btw!!! I think I might by em':smile:
...I need to spend all those money u know...(to ord....Kig Ind...høhø)

1400 is not too bad, I'd definetely go for it .. they'll look good on you. :flower:

*{ :D hvornår er den reklamefilm så ude? jeg VIL se den ! }

Engang i midten af august...ak og ve...
...Vær beredt på en utrolig grim Ann Wiberg kjole...alt for mange perler, alt for mange flæsser og alt for lidt stof...en gru!!

Alba said:
Just one question to all of you fashionistas: Should I by these?
Ohh yes, they are lovely. I have been looking at them on ebay aswell. But they aren't my size. :flower:

sorry bout' all the danish everyone who didn't get the last two posts...:smile:

it's ok if you promise to bring this discussion back to topic :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->