Burberry Prorsum S/S 10 London

I get a feeling that Bailey is a sort of one-trick pony that's done its trick about fifty times but nobody is getting bored...
Though I love variations on classics like the Burberry trench, I'm kinda tired of that idea now.. I want to see something different that isn't something likedraping..
Plus, aren't the men's pieces just from the Burberry menswear collection ?
It's a pretty collection, and if I were a lady I'd totally crave one of those trench variations, but this is getting sort of boring and I could have bought something like that last season.. and the season before.
I admit: I do love the ridiculously high shouldered coats, even though it might be Bailey trying to jam some trends in there.

^ There's always some menswear looks in the womenswear collections, taken from the previously shown menswear collection of the same season. They're never anything new.

I think it's just to put them into context, because they'll sit next to each other in the ads.

Well, I can see Victoria Beckham in all of these looks (not that there are many different looks), so I guess Christopher has done his job?

Never been a big fan of trenchcoats, TBH, so I'm not sure why I ever think Burberry Prorsum will appeal to me?

Probably because I really enjoyed it one season (A/W '05, I think?) and so always, vaguely, hope it will, one day, be interesting and cool again (albeit in a different way).

Apart from one blue skirt, the draping is too tight and/or bulky and/or overwrought, IMO.

It looks like badly applied bandaging (much of it dirty!), or '70s pastel chiffon nightdresses after many, extremely feverish, nights; especially in those pale colours...

I see UK Vogue sing its praises, again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit I love it. First, I was disappointed, very disappointed. It seemed very different from Burberry that I love. But than I started to look more on the clothes than just the overall vibe from the collection photos and got it :heart: I think that the thing that makes the 'tacky' feeling from this, is the catwalk - the shiny floor looks like it belongs more to Milan than London.. I would also cut out some of the clutches which are same as the floor.. And the fur on Dorathea :ermm::lol: And than it makes an amazing collection, I knew I can't be disappointed with Burberry! :heart::wub:

actually i really loved the trench with the drapé-plissé-noué details at the bottom. very classic, yet fresh.

the drapers are obviously "inspired"by balenciaga...

I agree with that! I think that the draping was very much influenced by Balenciaga. But, i loved this collection. I thought it was exquisite and really beautiful!!!! It was a beautiful pallet and a gorgeous show.

1st Part:

2nd Part:

Last edited by a moderator:
This has got to be my favorite collection so far!
The draping on the coats and skirts was amazing!
This is so much better than last season and the season before!
:heart:

I get a feeling that Bailey is a sort of one-trick pony that's done its trick about fifty times but nobody is getting bored...
Though I love variations on classics like the Burberry trench, I'm kinda tired of that idea now.. I want to see something different that isn't something likedraping..
Plus, aren't the men's pieces just from the Burberry menswear collection ?
It's a pretty collection, and if I were a lady I'd totally crave one of those trench variations, but this is getting sort of boring and I could have bought something like that last season.. and the season before.
I admit: I do love the ridiculously high shouldered coats, even though it might be Bailey trying to jam some trends in there.

very much true
he's got good designs, but nothing too exceptional and it all comes off very montone and repetitive
very practical, though, so we gotta give him at least that lol^_^

it certainly not new and some of the trenches look a bit award but i think there are some appealing pieces. i commend his diverse selection of models. but at the end of the day...its Burberry. not exactly the go-to brand for fashion with a capital f.

after looking at this again and watching the video I don't like this. I don't like enhanced big shoulders, the belts over skirts and dresses, or the furry looking jackets. The draping on the skirts is too tight. This doesn't feel new or interesting or relevant to me at all.

the green dress on Iek & the lavender coat on Tao seal it for me...i'm in love...

I don't know about this one. I usually like Christopher's collections for Burberry. the looks were were redundant. Some of the draping looks awkward and forced. Particularly the last look. It just looks wrong. Some of the fabric choice are bad like the furs and sequined pieces. even though they played with one another, I just think both looked heavy for spring.

Mm, although I agree that none of this is new, it's so stylishly done and would be stunning translated directly on the street.
It's so exactly what people crave right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->