Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 2010

This is one of those times when I truly miss the easy, uncomplicated, sensual brand of minimalism that Calvin himself pioneered. Sometimes Costa's take on the house seemss a little too rigorous and labored for me.

Like Raf for Jil Sander?

Beautiful collection but the shoes make the in-danger-of-looking-dated pieces look incredibly dated.

oooooh GREAT ! i love CK more and more really ! it's minimalist but absolutely wonderful, design is perfect !!!

I want to wear it now! Love this collection!

Like Raf for Jil Sander?

Beautiful collection but the shoes make the in-danger-of-looking-dated pieces look incredibly dated.

Yes, exactly like that.

Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of times in the last couple of years that I've loved the results, but sometimes Costa's collections come off as so earnest, and I'm just not a fan of that for this house. It works for Sander because Sander herself was that kind of designer. You could tell how much thought and rigor went into the garment. Calvin was never like that though. It was almost like he just dashed off a quick sketch of something and it just happened to be a perfect design. The thought and consideration that went into it never showed.

The black coat from #6 is nice, I like it. However, I'm disappointed with this collection, especially the two beige outfits and the leather skirt with the white top, not sure if that is a separate or a dress altogether. I just felt confused; some pieces looked so modern and sleek whereas some pieces reminded me of 19th century businessmen or those scary headmasters from boarding schools.

all the jacket shoulders look extremely frumpy. what a let down!

The collection is very nice... very powerful in it's minimalistic way. :crush:
I severely hate the shoes though. :ermm:

At Calvin Klein, Francisco Costa stayed true to the classics while playing with proportions, but kept shapes lean and sharp.

calvin-klein01.JPG
calvin-klein02.JPG
calvin-klein03.JPG
calvin-klein04.JPG
calvin-klein05.JPG
calvin-klein06.JPG
calvin-klein07.JPG
calvin-klein08.JPG
calvin-klein09.JPG
calvin-klein10.JPG
calvin-klein11.JPG
calvin-klein12.JPG
calvin-klein13.JPG
calvin-klein14.JPG
calvin-klein15.JPG

wwd

Last edited by a moderator:
love Jac here :heart: but this minimalist collection looks
abit too.. drab, idunno. boring.

Yes, exactly like that.

Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of times in the last couple of years that I've loved the results, but sometimes Costa's collections come off as so earnest, and I'm just not a fan of that for this house. It works for Sander because Sander herself was that kind of designer. You could tell how much thought and rigor went into the garment. Calvin was never like that though. It was almost like he just dashed off a quick sketch of something and it just happened to be a perfect design. The thought and consideration that went into it never showed.

* previous posts btw you and cd count.

i know what you mean spike.
and cd ping-ponged really great with that example of Raf for Jil.

i think the environment is really important - i guess "minimalism" was seen pretty us cool. but now, with the whole architecture movement (like the design world. see bruce mau, hal foster) i think these boys (Raf and Costa) have to be understood with this, in the eye and mind.

they are all about architecture and design, and design/structure of the outfits.
and their base (90s fashion) is the best that could happen.

on another note, ghesquiere is trying this work on the outfit with materials (more, now).

anyway ...

the collection is damn too black so you cannot see anything.
but i love it, still !!!
there are a few stuff (this long black coat, brick?salmon?nude? outfits, and the last dresses) i would die for, if i were a woman with $$$$ ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->