Canada's Next Top Model...

^ I like Maryam too.. She has a great look and this quiet determination that I love. I was shocked to see how little compassion some of the others had for her actually!.. I'm sure the fact of her not having her passport was not solely negligence on her part. I had read on the site she had immigrated from Iran only two years ago.. so maybe the documents just couldnt get sorted out in time.. Who knows? Either way, I'm also glad she didn't go.
I also loved her outfit at judging, that skirt with the black t-shirt. Nice :smile:

Sooo glad the girl who left...well,left.And i agree Maryam is just :heart:

Genuinely an exceptional shoot today for ANY NTM standard! Even the worst in the judges did decently. Meaghan has rocketed up to my No. 1 after that shot! I am just blown away.

I agree - CNTM KILLED it today. When they said they had a 'top model' coming in, I started to roll my eyes until I heard the name 'irina' (I was putting up curtains) and before they could finish I rushed to the telly because I couldn't believe they snagged her. What a coup and the perfect judge. the shots this week were great in concept and execution. There were hardly any bad shots, even the loser. I would love to see the shots posted if anyone can get them!

I was really hoping that they manage to land one of our many many amazing Canadian top models as a guest, so I was wowed to see Irina as well. I think that the series as a whole is getting quite good as I find myself looking forward to it each week. It's must-see tv for me now.

Meaghan looked so gorgeous throughout the episode, but unfortunately she is fading in the eyes of the judges. :unsure: She needs to really knock their socks off soon!

I hope she gets her travel documents in order because I'd hate to see Maryam booted by default down the line. She's too good.

Oh and I was totally fooled by their trip to the dermatologist being a lead-in to the Olay product placement segment. I was thinking that they were really going out of their way to keep their models looking like models. :lol: I'll let it slide because the show is doing a good job otherwise.

I don't care if she doesn't win ( she probably won't considering she needs to be a Covergirl) but Maryam NEEDS a contract cause she amazes me. So fierce , reminds me of MCB.

I don't care if she doesn't win ( she probably won't considering she needs to be a Covergirl) but Maryam NEEDS a contract cause she amazes me. So fierce , reminds me of MCB.

Agreed, Maryam does have some of that MCB fierceness to her.

Like the vast majority have said, the photo shoot this week was one of the better concepts of the ntm series.

I pretty much liked all of the shots except for the girl who got eliminated...they got it right again, thank god they didn't keep her around like ANTM did with Aminat just because she has a good body.

Anyway my favourites this week: Maryam (as per usual, her picture was killer), Meaghan, and Heather.
Nikita photo was good as well, and she was edited much better this episode, not nearly as annoying as she was last week.

I was surprised they got Irina to come in, she was a good choice for a guest judge.

It's a quality show.you can't even compare ANTM to it,it's way above it.

ah that is who Maryam reminds me of - MCB. What I really hate about Nikita is that she talks all this smack but can't even pronounce Dior or Hermes? that was shameful (for all of them) this week. I mean, don't come on this show and not know how to pronounce Chanel or Dior. I understand maybe Hermes or Balenciaga but there is no excuses to not know how to pronounce Dior.

Yeah, last episode was weird on two grounds.

a) It creates that syllogism that all tall and thin girls have never heard of designers. If they had to Pronounce Alena Akhmadullina (sp?), I empathize. If it's a brand that you your friend has in the form of perfume or handbags, not so much.
b) Meaghan is the girl with the braces, while Heather does not have braces. Meaghan's picture was flirtations and 1950's classic while Heather's looks up to the sky and is more ethereal. One doesn't shadow the other, judges.

I agree with a lot of what has been said, such an amazing shoot, CNTM is really miles ahead of ANTM in terms of fashion relevance.

Here are the shots, if anyone is interested:

Maryam:
largemaryam.jpg

Nikita:
largenikita.jpg

Heather:
largeheather.jpg

Meaghan:
largemeaghan.jpg

Rebecah:
largerebeccah.jpg

Linsay:
largelinsay.jpg

Tara:
largetara.jpg

rtvgames.com

I finally found this thread! Alot of Maryam and Meaghan fans here I see. :heart:

Damn this is gonna be (or already is) an amazing season. :judge:

There was no real "theme". It was just a beauty shoot where they had to deal with extreme hair/makeup and they were meant to show more expression with their eyes because their mouths had tape over them. At judging, they said the girls were supposed to show a sort of quiet strength, despite having their mouths taped shut, but I didn't get the impression the girls were told that on shoot.

Can anyone post the video of CNTM with Irina L. as a judge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->