Celine F/W 2022.23 Paris

^^^

I only noticed it because I was lurking tfs years ago and I noticed because quotes lead to deleted posts. I thought it was the same time as the “MY OWN TIMES” one. I guess there really is power in his name!

It’s scary to think what other people hide and can hide.

They should be right above this post ..should some new era mod be interested in playing Robin Hood. Doubt much can be done about it but.. fun sleuthing project, @Armani ?

Honestly, if your boss has to resort to PR crisis management and you remain silent for the rest of your days in your job… I wouldn't call it powerlessness, but more like being the unfortunate recipient of one of these unpleasant reminders of the full power.. of hierarchies.

The idea that once something is on the internet, is forever on the internet is only true if you're a poor individual, an extremely famous one, or a rich company. Everyone else will either struggle to keep their content online because a domain can be expensive, or can simply call an attorney so he can do a takedown request for misrepresentation. They shouldn’t shake in boots as much as tFS tends to when these threats come up (especially with Conde Nast) but seeing as a tFSer was once raided by the FBI, guess it’s understandable..

They should be right above this post ..should some new era mod be interested in playing Robin Hood. Doubt much can be done about it but.. fun sleuthing project, @Armani ?
Thanks for sharing this. I combed through it and it supports that Hedi did indeed not post anything beyond those 3 tweets. What I did find instead is someone paraphrasing what Hedi wrote in his initial reply in gothic font:
upload_2022-5-20_9-15-24.png
2012_10_Hedi-Slimane-Cathy-Horyn.0.jpg

Apparently what Jennifer wrote was so memorable that her paraphrase of Hedi's words has cemented itself as if Hedi wrote them himself. Hedi doesn't use ellipses (...) or tildes (~) in his writing. Although Jennifer is using quotation marks, she is obviously using it in jest, and not implying she is directly quoting from Hedi. Jennifer was actually the one who wrote "to demonstrate the power of my name", not Hedi.

Looking at all the criticism Hedi received is kind of surreal. Comparing what the critics felt, and how his work actually performed commercially, really speaks volumes on who is actually stuck in an ivory tower.

^ I only see 149 posts of friendly banter. That’s all that ever happened here. Claiming other posts took place or that anything was ever removed is just hearsay, nothing to support such claims, just another effort to diminish the indelible mark of Celine in our society.

^ I would go as far as saying "Jennifer" was a project from the New York Times to cast doubt on the creative process of fashion shows. Her join date was in August, 8th month of the year, and she's alerting passiveaggressivenotes.com, which has not been updated since 2016, 3 years and 6 months after the libelous claims that Hedi would ever act deranged on Twitter, 6+3 is 9, the month after the 8th month, and she stopped posting exactly 2 years after faking Hedi's tweets cause her mission was completed. It's insanity really.. but despite all of this, despite the bias, Hedi continues to triumph, the West turned his back but Asia brought the receipts, and he's winning, 2 billion in sales, that's not nothing.

I'm still impressed how Hedi gets people riled up so with such passion. There are so many other designers out there, yet it is Hedi that takes up space, rent free, in people's heads.

^ I would go as far as saying "Jennifer" was a project from the New York Times to cast doubt on the creative process of fashion shows. Her join date was in August, 8th month of the year, and she's alerting passiveaggressivenotes.com, which has not been updated since 2016, 3 years and 6 months after the libelous claims that Hedi would ever act deranged on Twitter, 6+3 is 9, the month after the 8th month, and she stopped posting exactly 2 years after faking Hedi's tweets cause her mission was completed. It's insanity really.. but despite all of this, despite the bias, Hedi continues to triumph, the West turned his back but Asia brought the receipts, and he's winning, 2 billion in sales, that's not nothing.
“Jennifer” gave herself away with that tilde (~). She’s been exiled from the Ivory Tower. We don’t need careless sour people like her.

I have never been in a thread that has made me so uncomfortable reading it and yet I cannot stop. :rofl: The vibe is SO off. I am getting conspiracy theorist/Q-Anon vibes. It’s really not that deep !

I'm still impressed how Hedi gets people riled up so with such passion. There are so many other designers out there, yet it is Hedi that takes up space, rent free, in people's heads.
It seems like he takes up enough space in your head and heart …

Are we going to have 10 pages on every Céline thread from now on? Because let's be honest: this thread without him/her would have like 20 messages top. But I'll give him/her credit for defend a trench with a turtleneck and mom jeans with such passion.

I mean…Look at your posts.
It seems like he takes up enough space in your head and heart …
The "no, u" rebuttals are funny to me. Since I'm a fan of him as a creative director, I don't think anyone would argue that it is unusual for me to have Hedi on my mind. I can't say the same for people who actually do not like Hedi, yet are obsessed with talking about him. Nothing kills a thing more rapidly than the impenetrable wall of indifference, but people here seem to be attracted to him like a moth to a flame. Hedi just has that magnetic pull, I guess.

The "no, u" rebuttals are funny to me. Since I'm a fan of him as a creative director, I don't think anyone would argue that it is unusual for me to have Hedi on my mind. I can't say the same for people who actually do not like Hedi, yet are obsessed with talking about him. Nothing kills a thing more rapidly than the impenetrable wall of indifference, but people here seem to be attracted to him like a moth to a flame. Hedi just has that magnetic pull, I guess.
Listen, I have nothing against Hedi at all and have purchased items from him during his tenure at Saint Laurent. I think what is striking people on this forum is the way you are defending Hedi (which you have the right to do so as you are his fan), but in a way that is perceived as blind to any criticism of him. It comes with a level of extreme fanaticism and the tone of some your posts carries this heavy energy that, at times, feels too much for a fun fashion forum. It’s entertaining and also strange.

Again, Hedi doesn’t rub me in a positive or negative way and I’m neutral. It’s your approach to the topic. If you don’t work for Hedi, I surely hope you find a job with him one day.

It comes with a level of extreme fanaticism and the tone of some your posts carries this heavy energy that, at times, feels too much for a fun fashion forum. It’s entertaining and also strange.
If you actually read my posts, then you'll see how measured I am in actually praising Hedi's work. The only thing that might appear fanatical is how I debunk a lot of unwarranted, and incorrect, things people bring up when trying to paint Hedi in a negative light. There's nothing that bothers me as much as lies people use to justify why they dislike Hedi with great passion. There's nothing wrong with disliking Hedi, just don't lie or make up stuff without evidence to back up your claims. If you have a problem with how I systematically debunk these falsities with evidence, then we will never see eye to eye. If by "fun fashion forum" you mean an environment to dog pile on Hedi, then I can understand what you mean. Sorry for stopping all the "fun" in your safe space.

The biggest fear to any designer is to be irrelevant, so I am impressed in Hedi's ability to be so polarizing for so long.
By now it is obvious that your tenure at Saint Laurent has been a complete success in terms of sales, influence, and acclaim. But at the time did the criticism make you second guess yourself? What gave you the strength to stick to your course?

Quite the contrary, my determination was only stronger. If there is no reaction, it means nobody cares. If nobody cares, then we have a problem.

Interestingly enough, another handful of posts disappeared from this thread. Posts by someone newly registered to defend some other posts. How transparent.

This thread stopped being about Celine or Hedi Slimane pages ago. Lol. All we’re actually left with is the lonely cry, Lear-like, in the wilderness… (ellipsis)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->