Central Saint Martins (CSM), London

^you can go back a couple pages and read what victim wrote

but in short...generally..you need to take foundation..especially if you are not from uk. i had varies items in my portfolio...some paintings, some illustrations, life drawings, one sulpture, digital art etc.

victim..i was wondering. what's the percentage for sales tax in london? is there a sales tax? and do students get discounts for alot of things?

thanks, sorry that I didn't notice that post some pages ago...
Yesterday I read through all sites of fashion schools and I was already so tired and couldn't read this thread through also:smile:
but thanks!

buddleja said:
I was wondering.. is it actually possible to get into CSM without a foundation course? What do you need to have in your portfolio then?

I was told by the international office that it is possible, but you need to prove yourself BEYOND what is going on at CSM. Meaning, if you already know what you're doing, you must demonstrate incredible experience and talent to be able to skip the foundation. Meaning degrees, etc, within the same subject.

^really? aw...i should have tried to get myself into the BA course. oh well

Yeah, why do you hate it? I'm always curious to know why people hate CSM. You're not the first time I've heard this..

im just guessing...but is it because of the way they teach there?
i have heard people say they hate CSM because it's so 'free'..unlike american schools like parsons which is always on your case.
and from what i see..the general asthetics of european fashion schools are different than ones in north america

edit: yes..please tell us all the sh*tty things about CSM

Last edited by a moderator:
svsk_sk2 said:
i'm in St. Martins and i hated it so much... gosh...

there is NO way of getting into csm BA without a foundation or a btec unless you have great experience in the industry like already working for a house

what course are you on? according to your myspace we both know the same people well i know lilian pau - she does jewellry

^hum..i kinda figured. since my friend who is going to chelsea next fall, she's brilliant in fine arts and they wouldnt let her skip foundation and im not exactly brilliant

victim! can you please tell me how much is the sales tax in london?

there is no sales tax, you get an nus card and get 10% off loads of stuff because you're a student like topshop hmv pizza hut :flower:

^sweet :D i hate sales tax. the sales tax here in toronto is way high. ugh

Are there any U.S. students who have gone to the Central Saint Martins short courses?! Im thinking of doing a couple and wanted to know how your experience was. Any input would be great, I need help!!
thanks!

is there anyone here who's applied for the BA fashion here through UCAS?
as u guyz said they always prefer foundation but i still wanna have a go....
though, i haven't got any notice for interview or reject yet...
does anyone know when i will get any information from them?

^it takes a while, though if you havnt done a foundation or a btec thats been a waste of £5 (ucas fee right?) i think everyone has already had an interview i remember seeing them lugging portfolio's around

^it takes a while, though if you havnt done a foundation or btec you've wasted £5 (ucas fee right?) and i think people have already had their interviews, i've seen them lugging portfolio's around

omy...coz i was accepted by some place called bath spa...weird ...for fashion and textile BA course wifout the foundation...
i know i couldn't compare it wif CSM or LCF, but still, i kinda fight down some other applicance who've got the foundation degree...so...
just wanna gv a shot....
god... i haven't even apply for the foundation course for backup yet...
hope it won't be 2 late now...
thx for the information VICTIM

^ I was accepted by birmingham institute of art and design for BA fashion course without the foundation also but when i went for the interview for university of the arts london they said i will have to do foundation. i actually wanna do a foundation first cuz i think it gives you a chance develop and to explore various areas of art and design. Congrats for getting accepted by bath spa by the way.
i think u can still apply for foundation. the person from university of the arts london are coming here next month for interviews so i guess there's still time if u wanna apply.

not meaning to sound rude but birmingham and bath are awful universities for fashion thats probably why they dont require a foundation

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->