Cerruti Mens S/S 08 Paris

kiddokiddo

Reaction score
Another revival of Cerruti??? Does anybody know who's designing it now? Looks like John Ray's work for Gucci with a touch of Hedi Slimane

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00100m.jpg

00110m.jpg
00120m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00140m.jpg

vogue.fr

00290m.jpg
00300m.jpg

00310m.jpg
00320m.jpg

00330m.jpg

^^anyone can identify the designer??? or his relationship with Hedi Slimane cause this collection looks like Mr. Slimane threw up on it:lol:

It's Nicolas Andreas Taralis. That'd be where the Slimane influence comes from.

His usage of black is always amazing, even in his womenswear collections

ok thanks..I see, I like his own work but never seen him before hahaha..

oh i'm surprised, he is Canadian :o

news.yahoo
By JOELLE DIDERICH, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 22 minutes ago

If Van Assche made a conscious effort to distance himself from Slimane, Canadian designer Nicolas Andreas Taralisanother Dior alum — carried a burning torch for his mentor.
His catwalk debut for Cerruti had all the hallmarks of a Slimane show, from the neon strip decor to the androgynous models and slimline capes.
Taralis is a flawless tailor, as witnessed by slouchy black trousers with low cummerbund belts and shrunken jackets in gray wool sparkling with silver thread.

i dont know call me crazy but i really dont care to much for this collection, and i really dont like a lot of the models

Like the final one i mean come on he looks 40 and druged up.

I don't care for the models but I absolutely love the transparent shirts.

well, I think Slimane's die hard fans now know what to buy next spring

btw, my fav looks
00020m.jpg
00140m.jpg

00300m.jpg
00210m.jpg

SOURCE: VOGUE.FR

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually really impressed by this.

Off topic, but Hedi had four assistants, did he not? Three of them found work with high-profile houses. [SIZE=-1]What is [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Martijn Ball doing right now?[/SIZE]

Some of it I love, some not so much. The womenswear is absolutely amazing.

Exactly what i was thinking kiddokiddo - he's now filling in the gap left by Hedi. I like this

i love how cerruti -- of all the houses in all the world -- looks more like dior homme than dior homme...

i agree with you something else. i also think nicolas has a much more forgiving aesthetic that hedi did. but everybody keeps saying hedi,hedi,hedi(as usual the one who actually starts it never gets credit) but have we all forgotten the one who really started this look....Belgian wunerkind Xavier Delcour?? but yes it's sharp and darkly glam in that vein but to there's so much more freedom in his works than Hedi.

btw,that grey riding-style coat with the stripes is a dream.....:wub:

i love how cerruti -- of all the houses in all the world -- looks more like dior homme than dior homme...

Yes indeed :lol:

I LOVE Taralis, more than Slimane. This is just great, and I hope the pieces will be easier to find than Taralis' own brand. Too bad Cerruti has zillions of licenses (cheap stuff, costumes, etc) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->