Chanel Cruise 2011

Spiral1532, are you sure? I thought it was in Nice, which is very close to Monte Carlo (about 40 km).

By the way, this is supposed to be the place from which press and guests are going to see the show:

saint-tropez-2.jpg

webprevence

what's misleading about it? it was shot by Karl for Chanel in St. Tropez, most likely utilizing the girls you see here, probably those same clothes will stroll down the runway.

this isn't the thread for the actual Cruise show as i understand, it's
just the thread for the Chanel Cruise film that Karl is shooting
at St.Tropez right? perhaps that could've been indicated in the title
as i sort of refuse to believe that those plain looking tops that Freja
and Leigh are wearing are the actual pieces in the collection.

^ I'm just happy to see what they are all up to over there.... ^_^

Leigh Lezark? No thanks. But absolutely yes to Karolina, Magdalena and Heidi!
Karolina's outfit in #1 looks terrific, but doesn't look very Chanel to me (which may be a good thing).
I really enjoy Karl's short films, so I'm excited to see this one. And of course the collection!

yes, but i'm taking a leap of faith and go by the assumption that the girls in the front are wearing pieces from the actual collection.

i didn't post the pics of Freja because i didn't think she was wearing something from the collection. instead, i posted only the ones with girls who are wearing what i think to be pieces from the collection.

geez, what's so hard to understand?

liberty, yes, in May. in less than a month.

^Tuesday the 11th...I hope the Bentley is fixed by then so we can motor down from Paris.... :rolleyes:

Drama, drama! Very excited to see how this is going to turn out, and it's a shame we have to wait another three weeks.

Also seeing Balmain in the styling and the lengths, but have to agree with mikeijames: that's just what party girls wear, not necessarily uniquely Balmain.

exactly!! Chanel Cruise film

Leigh Lezarks boots are A-mazing. I love that photo of Karl and Freja too, they look so sweet.

Well, we might as well wait it out in this thread. I mean, there's pictures of the clothes already.

And everyone looks fantastic so far. Even Karl.

I'm not really understanding the complaints about this being tacky and "not Chanel". I'm wondering if the people who are saying that are as familiar with Karl's Chanel work as they'd like to think. His couture may appear to be the epitome of class and sophistication (and even that's a stretch, imo), but his RTW for the house has dabbled on and off in things kitschy, tacky and gaudy since he started there. This is the designer who sent out double-C emblazoned pasties attached to string as a bikini top after all.

As for the Balmain comparisons, they're there in a passing glance, but those few outfits in the first picture don't look nearly as overworked and obnoxious as Balmain's party dresses can be.

leigh lezark looks the best, i will say that much :woot: i don't really understand what karolina is doing there, she is not chanel to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Spike, the tackiest thing from Chanel would have never nothing to do with something from Balmain. It's just because of the spirit. It's not because I love Chanel as a whole, in fact there is nobody more critic with Karl's work than me... But it's another kind of tackiness. Balmain is just vulgar and cheap. Some (a lot of) Chanel shows may be tacky and kitsch, between them a lot from the 80's and the 90's (although some HC couture and prêt-à-porter shows from the 80's are just faboulous!), but there will never be that cheap and vulgar feeling in a Chanel show. It's not the same, and of course it's not something visual and I might understand (not really) a lot of people don't see it... Anyway there's no point of comparing Chanel and Balmain, Balmain (Decarnin) is the biggest bluff I've seen in the history of fashion. B) I even prefer Laurent Mercier's work. :lol:

The problem is that people sum up Karl's career between 2004-2007, and what people think is Chanel is not Chanel but Karl (and that's huge!). What people mean Chanel being Chanel is the Chanel Karl made between those years. Great Chanel years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->