Chanel F/W 07.08 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Karl Lagerfeld

Dieselmax

Reaction score

Scanned by me from Numéro August 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
:buzz:
It looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Thank youuuuu

too dark & gloomy.. Karl i know you love Freja... but i JUST cannot see her appeal. Please bring Daria back. Thats a classic beauty. Or Hillary Rhoda. Even Angela Lindvall. But please, Freja just isnt neccesarily very attractive physically- she has intresting culmulation of characteristics to her face, a distinctive non chalance that is rare, and she is somewhat photogenic... but come on. Raquel or Daria are refined. Chanel is meant to be refined, regal and elegant, Freja (no offence) is not, rather, she is quirky, off-beat, and unconventional.

Compare:

00150m.jpg

To:

00460m.jpg

Just look at Daria's Fall 2006 campaign, so minimalistic yet overbearingly effective, classical, quintessentially Chanel, being monchromatic and chic:

Chanel%20Fall%20Winter%202006%20Womens%202.preview.jpg

Images credit to: Style.com & Frllr.com
Chanel%20Fall%20Winter%202006%20Womens.preview.jpg

Took my breath away.

Yet, I feel it's just hiding a little too much of Freja's features.

I really can't tell if that's Freja. I'm sure it is but you can't really see her though...:unsure:

the vibe is quite different from the mood of the runway show. went from snowy and playful to a very severe looking freja in what looks seems a black wig. i prefer the sort of effortlessly cool daria vibe.

Wow, you can't even see it's Freja :lol:

^i agree, prefer Daria's cool vibe. The Freja ad makes me uncomfortable.

It looks...like Fendi F/W 08.
Even with a wig, Freja is as dull as dishwater.

I'm surprised to see such a dark mood for this, but so far it looks quite good :smile: Thanks for the scan!

It looks good so far. It seems Lagerfeld has a thing for dark photo's with one red accent, lately

I like it. I can't wait to see more of the ads!

This isn't what I was expecting for Chanel. It's good. :woot:

I'm normally so underwhelmed by the Chanel campaigns, but this looks promising. Definitely a fan of the moody element it has, but I agree with everyone about the wig being a little too heavy and promenent.

so it's out finally!!!!!!!!!and i can't say how much i love it!!!!

I prefer last season's adwhere everything was immaculate and precise, but this is a good change of mood nonetheless :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac0770
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->