Chanel Haute Couture F/W 06.07

cuteshoes215 said:
simply put..i love chanel. every season it has never failed to be distinctive and to LOOK "chanel"

i completely agree (although i've always had a special spot for european fashion). it's never tricky and the showmanship, the details and the designs are always complementary of each other. i love this collection and if i can afford those denim, i'd definitely get them. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I adore this collection.

The pieces are beautiful...and I just think the denim gives it edge, and makes it kind of...different.
Gives it a more couture, wacky feel.

Oh yes....used to play that whenever I get bored. Am glad they updated her wardrobe.....and a stunning choice I might add.

Thanx

:heart:

the video is up on chanel.com

anyone know the the name of the song in the first part of the show, the really groovy, sixties vibe song?

dior_couture1245 said:
the video is up on chanel.com

anyone know the the name of the song in the first part of the show, the really groovy, sixties vibe song?
no one knows the name of the song?....it's also played during the last couple of dresses before the bride dress

I'm able to get past the denim somehow and acknowledge the fact that some of the pieces are gorgeous. Still...it doesn't strike me as couture at first glance. It takes a while to truly appreciate the collection, IMO ^_^

Anyone know when the Chanel Spring 07 RTW show will be...? :blink:

This collection is pretty interesting, the denim makes it for me though like someone said if it had been included in more of the clothes it would have worked even better, it makes the collection wearable brings it a fresher look, y'know when people are like you shouldnt use denim its couture its such an old fashion way of thinking without the denim most of the collection would be boring chanel thats the same every season. the dresses at the end i didnt really like i think its the length of the longer ones i just cant get used to it, to me it just doesnt look good.

oh and the music i'm pretty sure was made for the show (well the music on chanel.com) i would upload it but i'm not sure how or where to do it.

VICTIM said:
This collection is pretty interesting, the denim makes it for me though like someone said if it had been included in more of the clothes it would have worked even better, it makes the collection wearable brings it a fresher look, y'know when people are like you shouldnt use denim its couture its such an old fashion way of thinking without the denim most of the collection would be boring chanel thats the same every season.
I disagree. Chanel is Chanel for a reason. I've been watching Chanel collections for many years now. I don't see how denim boots will bring a "fresher look" to a collection, especially to a couture collection.

The denim ruined the collection for me. I wouldn't be surprised if most of Chanel's couture clients won't actually wear the denim boots.

Just look at what Karl did for the S/S 2007 collection. Hot pants. Who the heck is actually going to wear that?

Spiral1532 said:
Just look at what Karl did for the S/S 2007 collection. Hot pants. Who the heck is actually going to wear that?

LOTS of model type/Park Ave babes and rich guys' daughters/wives/girlfriends!!!:wink:

I wish that the models would've taken off their jackets as they walked on the runway. Many of the jacketed outfits contained cute little dresses underneath.

00110f.jpg

vogue.co.uk

^ I agree. I think I would have liked this a lot more if it wouldn't have looked like something to wear outside.

i really dont mind the denim.

the red jacket is incredibly stunning.. and i think the irina and the dress make one of the best brides theyve had

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->