Chanel Haute Couture S/S 2015 Paris

I rarely use the word ugly because it's really subjective but this is ugly. No doubt the pieces are immaculately done but what is going on with the silhouettes? There is not one flattering item in there.

I actually really like it. Its charming and slightly mental and a lot of crazy bits but its COUTURE and elaborate and ornate. Its better than that Dior monstrosity and that Giambattista dullness.

I think many flowers intoxicated his inspiration.
Anyway the show video is always glad to see.

First sight I thought this is not so Couture worthy But then I start to really like it Long time a Couture Chanel that I like:smile:

...well. It's better than usual, I guess? Not better than last season, but last season was kind of amazing, so yeah. At least it gets better during the nightwear? I really do love the pink belted dress with the petal embroidery panel on Kendall and it'll be a red carpet staple this year, I believe.
Oh, and the show venue and production is unspeakably gorgeous.

ew how can people hate on raf's collection yesterday but like this hideous mess? it's ill fitting, unflattering, ugly ugly ugly

karl is losing it...

ew how can people hate on raf's collection yesterday but like this hideous mess? it's ill fitting, unflattering, ugly ugly ugly

karl is losing it...

Maybe because Raf was anything but Dior...neither Raf.
With Raf, we all know how tragic Marion & Jennifer will look but with Karl, it's always surprising to see how well it translate on a female body (and not on a 15 years old girl).
Not to mention that this collection has new ideas and different propositions.

I love the look on Jamie because she is a woman, not a young girl. She can pull off it. And, that particular look is an indication of how women will wear this collection: with a blouse, a cashemere sweater or a shirt.

I can't wait to see Anna, Sheihka Mozah & all the Chanel girls wearing it.

I'm glad Karl is still there. He is the last from his era (like Gaultier), the 2nd generation of Couturiers.

karl is losing it...

I hear you. The thing is with Karl, when it's ugly, I have the feeling that it's still, despite that, just how he wants it. It feels deliberate and that, though off putting, it his intention. With Raf it feels more like a empty effort, a total blunder than he can't control.

I like some of this, some of it is actually quite fantastic, but I feel a bit like a dolt having complained so much about Raf's Dior. This is not a whole lot better. But, I at least can see the Chanel HC customer finding something here to wear. At Dior that seems like a harder task.

Last edited by a moderator:

karl is losing it...

feeling the same.

and people shouldn't stick up for karl just because it's uneasy for him to do ugly that constantly :smile:

I hear you. The thing is with Karl, when it's ugly, I have the feeling that it's still, despite that, just how he wants it. It feels deliberate and that, though off putting, it his intention. With Raf it feels more like a empty effort, a total blunder than he can't control.

I like some of this, some of it is actually quite fantastic, but I feel a bit like a dolt having complained so much about Raf's Dior. This is not a whole lot better. But, I at least can see the Chanel HC customer finding something here to wear. At Dior that seems like a harder task.

I understand you, I do, it does feel intentional but at the same time Karl's designs for Chanel reek of self-righteousness, as if his designs are brilliant per sé because they are his. But season after season we see a parade of badly styled glitter witches whereas Raf gets all the criticism for his trial and error attempts trying to create some kind of modern beauty at Dior. There's a double standard when it comes to Karl and everybody knows it.

Im not dishing Karl though, what he sometimes pulls out of his hat for Fendi is amazing and I don't wanna see the old silly clown go anywhere anytime soon but it feels like he isn't even trying for Chanel and is just wallowing in the house as if it was his own personal kingdom. Which it probably is by now. He basically runs a Luxury country.

Many things are ugly, don't get me wrong, but I find some of the simpler things at the beginning quite nice and actually very wearable. Nothing new though.

I love this collection! There is nothing in it that I despise. My only strong feeling is for these awkward looking exposed stomachs. Other than that it feels gorgeously made and dreamy. Plus, the bridal look was divine! Can't wait for the video.

This is the worst collection ever!! Lagerfeld got to go!

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah no. Something about the whole thing feels slightly dated. I find the "tweed" suits the most potent part of the whole collection.

I remember when Chanel Couture was dreamy, beautiful and elegant... This is somehow not holding up to these standards.

The ending looks, including the bride, are looking tacky and who's going to wear a coat like that?

Not the best collection from Karl.

Not sure if it was just me, but I got a little bit of a 90s feel from it. Often times the problem with Chanel is the styling is COMPLETELY off and ruins the beauty from some of the pieces. Don't get me wrong, there are many pieces that are hideous, but there are pieces that are beautiful if worn separately. Take away those ugly belts and you have some very beautiful dresses.

karl is losing it...

The thing about chanel pieces is that even if the outfit is ugly the details are exquisite and beautiful, and you can see the garment is impeccably made. There are also very few hideous color combinations. With Dior, the fabrics and details don't look that good and the clothes sometimes look cheap and not too well made. Also, Raf makes his clothes ugly by putting too many ideas onto them and overthinking, Karl just makes one big hideous idea. Also, chanel outfits are partly ugly because of styling, with dior the piece itself is just ugly.

This time though I prefer the Dior collection over Chanel. This is the worst I've seen from Chanel and not even the details can save it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->