Chanel S/S 2015 Paris

lbr, the set is ALWAYS the biggest star when it comes to recent Chanel shows/collections.

Oh, puh-lease! Who wants to hear Karl's political ramblings? He should just stick to making pretty little dresses for the ladies-who-lunch clique.

Maybe he thought that since he had wide pants in his collection, might as well associate them with the 1930s women´s movement to vote and feminism in general :rolleyes:
Yet another insultating demostration of his "art", I can already see their lame apology...

Regarding the actual clothes, is it a Chanel timeline? so many different ideas, my head is spinning. The psychedelic prints are giving me a headache but as usual you can find very lovely pieces.

i don't think those banners have a political background. as i understand they just say you sould have fun with your clothes and don't care what others say - also as the collection itself is very colorful (very un-chanel).
and most of the outfits look very 70s to me - a time where a lot of woman were fighting for their rights on streets.

It´s sad when all you want to see at Chanel is the new set. And when you don´t care about seeing the clothes at all. That´s my case since several years ago.

what if a parody showcase of gay pride held by rich anti-gay preachers, how on earth can you feel fine about that? and this absurdity has that spirit in it. at this very moment, compare to what our fellow friends in Hong Kong are fighting for, it is a mock on humanity.

Not a fan of it. If only the clothes could've lifted the show in itself I would've been satisfied but they don't even seem to fit.

I think if he get rid of the first part and start the show with the solid green looks it will be much better. Having said that I do like the collection a lot. At least it is better than last season's crap. However, I'm still questioning about the whole set and the strike at the end. Chanel has always put out mind-blowing runways and the fake city here is really amazing. I wonder they just think that they should have models do something at the finale, so they came up with this idea that we can do cheap signs and protest without any clauses or substances? Such a let down, especially for a heritage house like Chanel.

I feel Chanel it's becoming very repetitive, He's lost in the brand and the seasons, a mix of Fall, Cruise and Spring. But even if Karl put together wonderful shows (set, music, cast) Let's be honest, he's running out of ideas. Chanel needs a consistent show. In a few words. Karl needs to put his ideas together. Beautiful yes, but he's lost.

I could care less if the feminism idea is coming off gimmicky, but the idea that Karl is at least incorporating it into his runway show and talking about it on such a huge platform is huge and as a feminist I really appreciate that. The girls are wearing Chanel, look impeccably chic (for the most part) and are spreading girl power. I love it!

This is a mess, completely all over the place. From all the crazy, multicolored prints to the green looks and the end dresses. The highlights of the the show were the set and seeing Gisele. Most of the time, at the end of his collections whenever they are hideous, the ending with the dresses will usually save it from being considered completely atrocious, but this time the dresses were atrocious. Look at that dress Kendall is wearing at the end.. what even is that? It looks like a fringy box on her. EXTREMELY disappointing.
And as for the protesting, its just another creative gimmick Karl uses to add excitement/entertainment for the show. Karl's said in interviews before he has no interest in politics whatsoever.

I fully intend on pretending that faux protest never existed. I'm just going to remember this show as one with clothes i actually find attractive and wearable, unlike years past.

The set is stunning...it's absolutely Parisian in spirit! The French Revolution started it all didn't it? Paris looks like what it is today because of the makeover by Haussmann to prevent uprisings. The clothes...though...:blink:....to the barricades!

Can we seriously just stop calling this some feminist statement? If that was indeed the intention here, it was brought to an instant demise with banners that read "Tweed not tweet" "Be your own stylist" and "Boys should get pregnant too". It's a mediocre fashion collection, with a revoltingly bad opening section and a weirdly random finale. That's all.

^There was also a #Heforshe banner. Emma Watson brought attention to the movement, what, a week ago? I am pretty sure there is no coherent idea behind the "protest".

After watching the video, it seems more like he was using the protest to emphasise the 70s feel of the collection.

And as for the protesting, its just another creative gimmick Karl uses to add excitement/entertainment for the show. Karl's said in interviews before he has no interest in politics whatsoever.

he said it after the show he was inspired by this article, so he does have something political to say. but he can think it thoroughly, it's not a right time to mess with protesting.
and if he has no intends to make a statement, then throw this funny thing? it's like a hello with the N word to others and say "No offense." you should care more about what you might stir.

Does anyone actually believes that Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel or even the fashion industry cares about social justice movements? It's all just a big cringeworthy gimmick to add some kind of value and context to the show. It's so stupid that doesn't even offend me that much, it just bores me.

As for the clothes, same old same old.

I love it how people are like "booo, this is tasteless considering what's happening in my country... things are bad ..."
Do ANY of you know that this coming sunday there'll be a new protest "Manif pour tous" in France ???? These crazy catholic-conservative, right wing etc. who fight against homosexual marriage, and gays adoption etc. ???? Do you ?
That Air France protested for a couple of weeks ? That pharmacists are starting a strike ? That lawyers, huissiers and etc. protested too ?
That France is going very bad this year ? And that everybody seems to think that just a strike will make the government bow .... That actually, these days, in France, protests and srtikes don't mean anything any longer ?

So yeah it might be considered tasteless to use the form of the strike in a fashion show, but I don't think this is something new, and the message are pretty good and funny, aren't they ?
Tweed is better than tweet (go for the death of social media!), "What do we want! When do we want it?" ... I'm not the biggest feminist in the world, but I do believe these are the cliches words of "feminists" ... And maybe there're also jokes about some ridiculous gender issues (gender studies' been big in France protests anti-gay wedding, too, lately ... History is not her story... I mean this is definitely some stupid stuff that you can see in street protests). And the fact that this happens in one of the luxuriest and institutional-est building in Paris, and not on a parisian street (Chanel, I'm sure, could block a street for a show...), is something interesting too ...

these are purely french cynism/sarcasm and humor .... something someone who isn't french don;t really understand ...
Buy a sense humor, people !

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->