Yves Saint Laurent Mens S/S 10 Paris

:shock: (not a good one)

of course there's the two random jackets i like and maybe one whole outfit (and that's for runway, not irl)
i get a mix of star wars jedi meets prada meets cross dressing.... terrible move!!!

Oh my, I totally see a Jedi inspiration creeping over this runway.:lol::lol:

SAVE THOSE TRENCHES AND BLAZERS!!! :judge: They are drowning in the clumsy hideousness that is this collection!

I'd pay to see Stefano actually wear some of the crap he had the nerve to send out under the YSL name, because somehow I cannot picture him wanting to, and if a menswear designer wouldn't wear his own designs then why would he count on anyone else to?

Drapey, soggy, nomadic homeless types? At YSL? Is he out of his friggin mind?

^ wow Spike, so what do you really feel about the collection?

lol.

I agree with you though. You know it.

PS: I HATE to rehash some old and tired debate [pls feel free to roll your eyes when I defend Tom one more time for reasons I do not know myself at this point], but when he did his stuff so much more compatible and innately luxurious and glamorous for YSL back in his day, the fashion elite had murdered him. They still talk about how genuinely horrible his collections were. Now I ask: what was so horrendous about them?

Look at this mess... Here at YSL! I wouldn't care if I had seen these done -much more masterfully of course- by some fashion god like Issey Miyake or someone, but for YSL done by Pilati!!

I wonder what those people saying Ford and Elbaz had no idea of what to do with YSL's great heritage think about these creative and inspired presentations of 2009s YSL: the first time for such a long time when the brand is finally making money again because of the clever steps Tom himself and his management took back in the day.

eeeks ...im all for wide baggy pants but not in this cut he has shown here what is this , his earlier mens collections were soo cool , now his men rtw is like his womens rtw collections weird ill fitting and tooo 80s , his love for high waisted harem pants doesnt go lol .

PS: I HATE to rehash some old and tired debate [pls feel free to roll your eyes when I defend Tom one more time for reasons I do not know myself at this point], but when he did his stuff so much more compatible and innately luxurious and glamorous for YSL back in his day, the fashion elite had murdered him. They still talk about how genuinely horrible his collections were. Now I ask: what was so horrendous about them?

you took the words right out of my mouth. i'm so perplexed by this....:unsure:

although i think i might like it -- it reminds me of fall/winter 2002 ysl i think.

^ I was seeing echoes of F/W 02 as well in the slightly slouchy, oversized lines of some of the coats, though here the effect isn't quite as polished...or desirable.

this collection... really???

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd pay to see Stefano actually wear some of the crap he had the nerve to send out under the YSL name, because somehow I cannot picture him wanting to, and if a menswear designer wouldn't wear his own designs then why would he count on anyone else to?

Drapey, soggy, nomadic homeless types? At YSL? Is he out of his friggin mind?

i don't want to disappoint you spike ... but this is totaly how Pilati dresses ...

:lol:

purple diary

^ haha yeah when i read the comment about pilati not wearing his clothes, i laughed bc he does wear it. he's wearing the tshirt pant combo at the end when he comes out.

anyways, i guess im the only one of the few that actually likes this. there are really nice pieces but i think the styling of it was where it failed. some was too layered some was too bare, it become somewhat messy in places. i do agree about this being too heavy for a summer collection. layering can be done for hot seasons, damir doma does it well.

the harlem drop crotch baggy pant thing do remind me of kva for dior homme which brings me to thinking slimane back at ysl? he didnt really have a chance to do much there.. :flower:

i cringe for what he is going to serve up for womens summer rtw 2010 lol , his last season totally sucked IMO and if this collection is anything to go by lol its going to be a hot mess.

I love this collection. I can see why it has raised a few eyebrows, some things are slightly unwearble. but these are some great over-all looks and vibes for the time we are heading into. Very existentialist, very modern.

i hate the pants! the rest doesn't look too bad. i dont mind the trenches.

ohmygod people. its not that bad. i actually like it. i don't think its very bad to begin with. what even makes it bad? it doesn't look very soggy to me.. :S

if you were the designer, how many seasons could you go avoiding all those apparent 'hideous' attributes? its all superficial. i can't believe the amount of people saying this is absolute crap.

Oh God, what happened here?? This is like YSL's aftermath. I cant believe Pilati would do anything like this.
His womenswear is sucking BADLY lately. Is he totally losing his touch or something?

I would go nowhere near this stuff. Saggy saggy saggy. Everything looks so old and horribly droopy. My 90 year old grandfather was more fashionable than this.

Socks and sandals.....NO!!!!

And theres that really random looking cardigan with the thigh high slit :lol:

so i guess you like your crotch-huggers then hahahaha :smile:
define 'fashionable' for me please :(

watching the video and reviewing each of these looks, i've found myself actually moved by this collection. there's a poetry here that's very rarely found in menswear. the nomadic, slouchy, louche vibe he's created here gives his customer an escape from the world of tight business suits and strangling power ties. this is a show of separates meant for every man to combine and style in his own way yet each piece is so fresh that it'd introduce this romantic spirit into any ensemble it's paired with.

in a season where we're calling out for our menswear designers to take a risk and give us something that transports us to another place, stefano pilati has done just that while staying WELL within the confines of what we know for his work and the work of his predecessors (namely tom ford in fall/winter 2002).

i'm actually interested in which retailers choose to take on the challenge of this avant work. i'm impressed that pilati has chosen to put himself among the more cerebral of designers by playing with silhouette in this way. i daresay that if this were a junya watanabe show or a yohji yamamoto show, the same people who decry it would offer their acclamation....:innocent:

00330m.jpg

men.style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->