Chanel Resort 2010 Venice

I don't like the direction the last 2 Resort/Cruise lines have gone. My impression was that, the Ready-to-Wear was geared towards the older clientele and the Cruise/Resort shows were an attempt to appeal to the younger generations.

The sole fact that he chose to show at the Lido instead of on the beach in Los Angeles or where ever - is testament to what kind of woman he has in mind. Los Angeles and New York attract a more dynamic crowd. Venice attracts a different type of customer, no?

This is pretty, but in the end, its too serious. And for me, Karl's aesthetic works when he makes fun of the frivolity of fashion, and when he subverts what is regarded as kitsch and elevates it to high fashion a la Chanel style.

I love everything about this collection, I dont even mind the wigs they are not that bad
Love the setting, and the fact that it was during sunset make the collection look romantic.
Defenetely better than last resort and better than the fall collection imo

completely and totally agree with you :flower:

Where are the men pictures? T_T haha thanks anyway. I totally loved this collection.

I don't understand why they choose to show the collection in Venice (one of the most magical city in the whole world) and they end up showing the collection on a beach. We don't feel the Venice atmosphere at all. I was expecting a very different setting.

I know what you mean, nothing very venice about it. but other than that I love the setting

I know what you mean, nothing very venice about it. but other than that I love the setting

I did feel the venetian atmopshere, thought it really should've been to show somewhere else... but it reminded me of an italian movie about an old guy that goes to an italian beach and meets a young boy and falls in love and tries to look young. It's also inspired in the 20s-30s and I kind of felt that vibe here haha.

Does WWD have the whole collection? I think they missed some looks :|

Some more pics that I think haven't been posted before:

2009051422gyi0057438920.jpg

2009051502gyi0057440561.jpg

2009051502gyi0057440588.jpg

2009051503gyi0057441185.jpg

2009051503gyi0057441190.jpg

2009051503gyi0057441192.jpg

2009051502gyi0057440423.jpg

2009051502gyi0057440346.jpg

tiscali.co.uk

Oh yuck. This is the tackiest thing Chanel Cruise has ever produced. Those wigs ACTUALLY look like cow sh!t on someone's head. The clothes are a horrible collection of everday clothes draped in aprins and cheesey overlays...not impressive.

I see lots of good AND bad.
The evening light makes it look somehow magical, but i'm not sure how the clothes will work in different lightning/context.
The sunglasses are funny though :D

^ me too. I see some really nice things and then some other :yuk: things

some of those shorter dresses are soooo gorgeous, like the brown one with the lace and coin-looking details near the shoulders...ugh i would wear that outfit in a hot second

ok i must say i really like it , esp. the vibe of collection so mature and glam at the same time. Very 30s on summer night. Kind of sophisticated I think.

well the wwd pictures make me love the collection just a little. ugh not as fabulous as the moscow and miami collections, but it's quite nice. it's defitanely more mature and glam than usual...which is fine with me.....but I prefer when his collections are youthful. his latest rtw ones have been so blah so this one kinds blows them away

I love it!!!!! I love Chanel!!!! This is stunning!!!!!

some pieces are quite good,and the set is impressive. however,i expected to see something cooler like the moscow collection.

Nothing new, but I can't hate Chanel. It's a great collection, imo. Simple but effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->