Chanel S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
ByxOOJhCEAEU2XR.jpg

Twitter/Vanessa Friedman

I love the green outfits

nothing spectacular though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me wrong, but this feminist protest that just happened on the runway is such a lame excuse for publicity to me.

OMG I think the buildings are fake...this is probably the most impressive set design I've ever seen if that's the case!

^ Yes they are, it is a set built inside the Grand Palais. But up close it's not that impressive since the buildings are printed onto a surface and then balconies and flowers are added :smile:

Considering what's going on in Hong Kong right now, this is just tasteless. Fashion lives in its own bubble.

Don't get me wrong, but this feminist protest that just happened on the runway is such a lame excuse for publicity to me.

also cause i can't see anything in the clothes that makes me think about feminist protests. and some of the signs read random things far from any social stance. but mostly since some of the stuff that karl's constantly saying, it feels more like a mockery than anything else. but watch the media eat it up in 3,2,1...

re: the clothes - this feels all over the place. there's a couple nice things here and there but most of the looks could belong to many different collections and i wouldn't notice the difference.

There is nothing in the collection that I associate with the feminist movement, so I assume that the final parade was just a lame stunt for publicity. And quite a disrespectful one, considering what is going on in Hong Kong at the moment. I detest when people assume that the fashion world is superficial and shallow, but in this case I have to give them credit for their words.

Maybe the "protest" was Karl's reaction to UN's HeForShe project? In that case, it is a very... interesting interpretation of the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ktkees1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->