Charles Anastase F/W 09.10 London

Hmm...about the South and Confederacy, I used to think the Confederate flag represents racism until I get to hear from the Southern POV. At that time, the South wanted to break away, to secede, and the North fought to keep the "union". Of course the winner gets to "write history", so to speak, but I was informed the politics was a lot more complicated. It doesn't mean the South isn't racist, it is in many parts, but the political will to secede, to become independent, as represented by the flag, isn't driven by racism. To understand it better, looking up an unbiased source of history is best.

My 2 cents. :smile:

Ok, back to the collection, I'm glad he moved away from his comfort zone, his signature "look". It's a form of maturity. However, the result isn't great...he can't seem to manage this "Marc" type of grungy layering, and lacks an eye for colours, textures and proportion. Looks more like a stylist's effort than a designer's.

Style totally inspired by Comme des Garçons all over the place - materials, "style" well his take on style....what ever > NOT very original and all in all crap collection. pretty :sick: and then :yuk:

I always love what Charles Anastase does but I am a bit mixed on this collection:unsure:

I feel a bit thrown for a loop here. It's a bit of a departure no? Do love the pink coat.

I think the biggest problem with this collection is the styling. If you pull the looks apart, there are some beautiful pieces. Still, I'm underwhelmed.

I wonder if VFC styled this. It certainly doesn't look like her work.

^how long has she been styling for charles, classicalbang?. I can definitely see traces of her own style since s/s 06..

^ They've been working together for three years, but last season was the first time she styled the show.

I assume she did the styling, especially because she didn't walk for him. But, yikes. I hate to think this mess was her work.

this looks more alice dellal than vfc. there are some cute pieces, though, but everyone has said it: no direction and all over the place.

I love this!!
who cares if there's no direction?
Its fun and the clothes under the styling are well executed.
I hoped for more when he said he was doing menswear though, the few menswear looks seemed more like styling for the womenswear.

Well the show again is over styled. Its not even a "collection", its a random jumble of clothes, tied together with some punky styling and music and labelled as Anastase "expressing" his artistic vision.

Over hyped, over praised. Hes "in" so he will be hailed as a huge talent. Never thought I would say it but give me HOH anyday!

he references a lot of mid-90s fashion throughout, which ties it together for me. however it's pretty blah. and that belt buckle is an atrocity, what the ****...

Over hyped, over praised. Hes "in" so he will be hailed as a huge talent. Never thought I would say it but give me HOH anyday!
isn't the 'in' term supposed to last like a year?, cause the guy's been proven to have talent since his early days as an illustrator.. and it's been more than 6 years since that happened. I'm sure many of the people that appreciate his work are not doing it blindly because some internet it-girls or hipsters are wearing it but more because they've followed his work since the very beginning and see an evolution that might be nonexistent to those just exposed to the current theme or loving it by face-association.

I definitely agree that at this point, he's very hyped but untalented? hardly.

isn't the 'in' term supposed to last like a year?, cause the guy's been proven to have talent since his early days as an illustrator.. and it's been more than 6 years since that happened. I'm sure many of the people that appreciate his work are not doing it blindly because some internet it-girls or hipsters are wearing it but more because they've followed his work since the very beginning and see an evolution that might be nonexistent to those just exposed to the current theme or loving it by face-association.

I definitely agree that at this point, he's very hyped but untalented? hardly.

i concur. and i for one have been following him since those days he was just making hand-painted,printed t'shirts,abstract ragamuffin knits and pillows and such.

i think it's safe to say there are people like that but to lump him in that kind of archetype because he happens to be gaining some notice doesn't automatically equate to a lack of substance. his clothes,they're quite beautifully made and well crafted. no he isn't some grand innovator but you don't have to be. i think personality and well-made clothes are just as nice. he's genuine and he's honest in what he does. no gimmicks,he's just who he is and does what he does best.

and yes he does dress beth ditto(which i am assuming is the reason for the sentiment)and is friends with her but he was already a fan[of the band],a friend before she became this so-called "hipster".

I'm falling for his S/S collection and some of the stuff for Fall RTW as well! :heart:

Fashion Chalet
6h18bp.jpg

2d0j4n5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"