Chloe 'Silverado' Bag

no, but I would be nervous about anything being shipped from Hong Kong. I've purchased from Roz (on ebay) and had no problems.

since we don't have a general chloe bag thread, I'm putting this here. what is this? no likey.

BGV4554_mn.jpg

I've seen that in a chocolate/caramel brown (great color)!! I think it's a great tote!! Don't like it in cream^ though.

brown is the only color it might look good in -- is it the same brown as the leather silverado (like a milk chocolate)? they have it in an ugly sage green too (which is still better than this blush/beige). it's not horrible -- just boring.

Yes, very close to the silverado brown color (the original brown). I can't imagine it in sage --- okay, I just don't want to. :P

I received these photos from Luisaviaroma- it's a new '70’s Silverado' style for fall. They did not have the exact measurements yet, but I think it looks almost like a weekender…

70-silverado-b.jpg

70-silverado.jpg

I have a Chloe camera bag in this taupe color which I love–it’s a great neutral-but I don’t like the two-tone effect on the Silverado.

New colors for the 'classic' Silverado in calf leather include yellow, grey and bone. Bone might be nice. :heart:

Hmm.. I don't know about the new 70s' Silverado..it's not really a radical departure from the original Silverado design.

Seems like for the most part, Chloe is still sticking to bags which contain elements of their best sellers, like the lock for the upcoming "loaf" design for F/W and this 70s' silverado.

Makes me feel that Chloe is runnning out of steam.

I really hope that they will consider releasing another bag which is a radical departure in design from the Paddingtons and the Silveradoes.

The "new" designs which we are seeing for F/W just dont look too inspiring..nor do they excite me.....which is good for my wallet, I guess. :lol:

chiangsi1980 said:
Hmm.. I don't know about the new 70s' Silverado..it's not really a radical departure from the original Silverado design.

Seems like for the most part, Chloe is still sticking to bags which contain elements of their best sellers, like the lock for the upcoming "loaf" design for F/W and this 70s' silverado.

Makes me feel that Chloe is runnning out of steam.

I really hope that they will consider releasing another bag which is a radical departure in design from the Paddingtons and the Silveradoes.

The "new" designs which we are seeing for F/W just dont look too inspiring..nor do they excite me.....which is good for my wallet, I guess. :lol:

I totally agree. I feel like Chloe is milking the silverado and paddington trend for all it's worth and I'm not fully convinced that Chloe accessories will continue to be hot in the next 2-3 years.

^^^

That would be such a pity, but it seems like Chloe is not doing anything to prove us wrong would it?

Reminds me of the exciting new collections that Marc Jacobs first produced when he joined LV.. whether we hated or loved them, each collection was nevertheless creative. But just look at the recent Cerise collection, it seems like all he could think of was to slap some Mukarami creation on the LV monogram.
It's exciting the first thing, but I feel he didn't put enough thought into it the second time round.
Plus I am starting to see a lot of similiar designs between his own label and what has been introduced for LV this season.

Let's hope this "designer's block" would not last for long. I really like what Chloe has done for the past seasons, it would be a pity to see it all go downhill.

ALthough, I do like the vintage look. I am not sure.. if I am digging the new 70's silverado.

at least it looks like they're going back to the saddle leather. I hate the lambskin or whatever it is they're using on the current silverados.

meeyowsa said:
at least it looks like they're going back to the saddle leather. I hate the lambskin or whatever it is they're using on the current silverados.

Yeah.. I heard the new leather for fall will be like the paddington leather. I am glad the lambskin leather will be discontinued.

I have to agree with you guys about the new 70s style silverado bags...i like the shape of the main part of the bag, but it looks a bit funny that they have stuck a silverado stlye pocket on the sides. Also, i find that strap across the opening to look a bit odd. :ermm:

From the pics at style.com, I dont think i like any of the new accessories much, but I guess I shouldnt judge them til they come out.

Can I please have your expert opinion on the brown two tones python and this new brown which will be coming out in June/July. This pictures from Luisaviaroma & ebay.

Which brown do you think is nicer forget about the original brown that everyone love just these two?

pucci_mama said:
I really love the two-tone is even more stunning in real life :heart:

Thanks - Pucci I think the new brown doesn't look as nice as I thought.

klow-chloe' said:
Can I please have your expert opinion on the brown two tones python and this new brown which will be coming out in June/July. This pictures from Luisaviaroma & ebay.

Which brown do you think is nicer forget about the original brown that everyone love just these two?

I prefer the old brown, I still think the new one looks fake.

I think the two-tone is probably the closest to the oringinal brown.

The dark brown on the other hand, strikes me as classy and elegant:flower:

Thanks all since I won't be able to get the original brown so I think I'll settle for the two tones one.
Here are some of the python bags which will be available at Luisaviroma sometime in June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->