Christian Dior F/W 2024.25 Paris

This collection is such a nasty surprise after the really nice pre-fall one! Of course the pieces are well-made, but everything feels empty and cold, despite the warm palette. Some of the silhouettes are just too simple or too literal. And don't get me started on the MISS DIOR lettering, which, of course, had to be repeated on too many looks...

This with a touch of Daniel Lee would've have been a good Burberry collection. But it’s Dior and it reaaaallllyy lacked excitement.

She insists on lifeless models wearing lifeless clothes walking on lifeless sets. Only Jennifer Matias and Mila van Eeten were able to put a bit of personality to this.

Also, what’s with the “Miss Dior” print? Tacky to say the least.

Overall the clothes were actually not bad but sooo basic. IMO even basic Gucci was better.

the soundtrack was much better employed at chanel fall 06

i watched the livestream. i wasnt offended, but i also wasnt drawn it. i did like the last few gowns, very 60s very Bohan. I'd really only like to see Giovanna Engelbert in them though so, maybe not.

I wouldn’t even call this vanilla, that would imply it had some taste. It’s very bland, generic and inoffensive. That miss dior type is so stupid that I can’t even critique it. It’s bizarre that this blandness is now the standard at Dior.

I haven't expected anything from her for a long time but this is definitely one of her better collections.

Girl, just retire or start your own label, at Sandro price level but certainly not higher

I'm offended by the Miss Dior stencil (and the denim). The rest doesn't hurt me. There are some great gowns at the end (overall, eveningwear was good), the boots remind me a bit of Fall 2005 prêt-à-porter, which is also positive. Cast is always a non event, as we often complain.

is she applying for the cd position at burberry with all those trench and plaid? hope they take her...

There were a few good looks but the start was just soo boring and outdated. The miss dior writings remind me too much of mcqueen grafitti prints that burton did for a few seasons.

It probably isn't but the "Miss Dior" looks like an homage to Sarah Burton

What is this. These are hardly clothes who wants a short sleeve trench in fall ? A leopard ponyhair short set ?

Maria at the very least gives us boring wearable wardrobes this is a boring unwearable collecrion.

Overall a beautiful collection. Some of the looks are stunning.

The irony to have Jane Birkin moaning in a very frigid collection.

I think this is a very grown up collection from MGC, which is surprising because all the tropes of 1960’s youth are there. And in a weird way, having 17 years old girls for this show is a bit weird. This is a collection that needed a cast of 25 years old women.

In this collection I really saw the influence of Marc Bohan. And overall I think it’s obvious that she connects more with the heritage of Bohan than Dior, Saint Laurent, Galliano or Ferre.
There’s this idea of comfort, timelessness and conservative style. Bohan’s Dior was very timeless, comfortable, conservative but it had sensuality, something that is missing here…

I think the opening look is strong (it has that attitude from Galliano’s 2008 spring RTW show), I surprisingly love the two silk « Miss Dior » printed shirt. Look 4 is also great and the eveningwear is also very good…

Unfortunately, this collection will be just another collection because of the ugliness of those big « MISS DIOR » on coats, jackets, skirts! It’s horrible!
Logos on clothes is difficult. You have to be very inventive. While it worked on the shirts, it’s a disaster elsewhere.

I can respect the idea of making clothes that are simple but maybe infuse more fashion to it.
The words Cathy Horyn
used to describe the Versace collection could be applied to MGC’s work for Dior.

I love and I respect commercial fashion but some reason, she just do it in the worst way that seems to lack creative integrity.

What is this. These are hardly clothes who wants a short sleeve trench in fall ? A leopard ponyhair short set ?
You would hate me for this but I would actually love to have that trench coat (look 8)!
I think it’s a great piece. It arrives in stores on late August so it can work for September and thankfully, forever. It won’t be dated in the spring of 2025 either…lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericsalodesign
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->