Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 14.15 Paris

I haven't been a fan of Raf's attempts at Haute Couture so far and I couldn't put my finger on some particular thing that was the problem. But today I see that it was the color palette, the styling and the trying-too-hard.

I believe that this collection got rid of almost everything that bothered me and therefore I am in love. There is something very provocative in doing those construction jumpsuits for a couture collection and along with the "everyday" basics (everyday for those who can afford it) it looks very effortless and beautiful. You can tell that all the clothes are as light as a feather and I appreciate the addition of the long fur coats, I believe I haven't seen such excessive luxury in recent times at neither house.

And as I mentioned above, the styling has definitely improved. There are no more awkward color combinations, it's mostly neutrals and crisp whites along with pops of blue, red and orange and the shoes seem to work with everything. All in all, the moment Raf stopped trying to make 'modern' happen, he made it happen.

Those awful jumpsuits though. I can already see Rihanna wearing one.

There are some pretty looks here. I think the collection could've used some editing. I wish the hair/makeup was more "airy", because it's quite flat and drab.

I like the idea of arranging the evening wear first, then the day wear. Some of them are good, some of them are absolutely bad. The combination of black long coat and bold colored trousers seems nice. But i can't stand the working class jumpsuits.

Cant wait to see the details on the last jackets and dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really found of this collection, the setting is gorgeous and I love the fact that they're using the "flower walls" again. Or is it flowers?

The clothes are simple yet exciting and wearable, the floor length billion-dollar fur coats will be a smash hit with the Russian ladies. That whole ensamble look very russian to me.

Cool jackets, fit for any woman! Nice and colorful shoes, futuristic design!

The only "-" from my side would be the dresses in the beginning, I'm maybe traditional but I like my couture finale in evening wear.

This show is definitely one of Raf's best to date!

Though it is not a very creative, I think it is one beautiful collection. I love the fur coats. Couture for modern women!

Easily one of my favourite collections Raf has done for Dior. I liked the vast majority of the looks. The dresses were especially incredible!

I'm trying so hard to understand what Raf is trying to do with Dior but I just can't anymore ... I mean, these long fur coats, really ? This brand became the definition of "bourgeoise à broche" :sick:

Honestly, I'm really quite taken by this. Might be my favorite Couture collection of his for Dior. The fabrics on the first few looks don't sit very well with me, but I really like the rest. It feels quite fresh, simple and undone, easiness without sacrificing luxury.

Absolutely sublime collection. I love everything :heart:! Raf has really found his footing at Dior and it becomes more evident season after season. What I find nice about this collection is that it seems more relaxed than his previous efforts; an approach which he started with the last couture show. I really like the utilitarian yet pretty approach to some of the pieces especially those jump suits. A very modern, beautiful and realistic couture collection.

Absolutely sublime collection. I love everything :heart:! Raf has really found his footing at Dior and it becomes more evident season after season. What I find nice about this collection is that it seems more relaxed than his previous efforts; an approach which he started with the last couture show. I really like the utilitarian yet pretty approach to some of the pieces especially those jump suits. A very modern, beautiful and realistic couture collection.

Totally agree with you, Dresses and coats very simple and chic :heart:

This brand became the definition of "bourgeoise à broche" :sick:

isn't Dior all about that ? Even Chanel thought Dior silhouettes were uptight.
:rolleyes:

anyway, gorgeous collection. very easy. it's like Raf's making Couture days back in the Maison. no more a lab, nor red carpet looks, but what every women should wear, and can wear on the streets, at a dinner party.
the page is turned at Dior.

not a fan of these parachute-pants-zipped-things passages, though.

As soon as he can drop those Escada-like trouser combinations and mature jackets he'll do just fine.

Some HQs, there are many looks missing.

vogue.it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->