Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 14.15 Paris

some are beyond good and some are very mediocre....

I have mix feeling about this collection

are they really couture-ish dresses ?

WOW! After seeing the HQ pictures, i love this collection even more! The details are really lovely, and the tailoring is impeccable as usual. Thanks, marc!

I was going to say the exact opposite: the tailoring looks like everything but impeccable. Take that light green daywear dress above: the seams look poorly done and the hem at the bottom of the dress doesn't look very clean.

I used to support him when he first started showing for Dior, thinking "Oh, it'll get better with time." But after all this time and these many collections, I still haven't been truly amazed at anything he's done, esp. with the couture. I give up.

Wow, I really like this collection, much better than last season imo, the details are always spectacular.

The only good thing is that we're finally seeing diversity in the cast under Raf's helm at Dior.

I don't hate the collection, but I def feel Chanel. The color palette always seems to be the same with him, as someone else mentioned, it's so "clinical" and emotionless in context.

Some of the looks are very nice for RTW, but overall for Couture, this is quite boring and looks like the love child of Oscar de la Renta and Chanel's Ice princess shows.

I read that Raf was inspired by eight different concepts... Now I understand why this is such a mess.

It's always the exact same thing. I wonder for how long I’ll have to see these boring, irrelevant, stale, blank, unexciting, empty, uninteresting and mediocre garments. Olivier, come and save this brand.

How many more boring collections should he do until the customers and industry realize that it's freaking repetitive and boring!?

I never thought Raf Simons can do Dior and I still would never think he'll do any better... he is too minimalist to do Dior

I also hate the order of looks presented...extravagant evening wear should always be shown last so it can be a memorable ending and a wow factor.

Something worth noting
tumblr_n8cmx59vjL1qahy1wo1_1280.jpg

ShowStudio

they describe this look at

Resin punctuated fringe covering a “neo-flapper” dress at Dior. The atelier call this new technique “Alien Fur”.

sounds like they did a lot of really interesting things with the details and techniques. definitely couture

I don't really know what people want from Raf. This collection is beautiful. Not my favorite from him, but a solid collection and I can imagine a lot of these will be at the Mockingjay press tour

At the end of the day the ones who have a say in Dior Couture collections are the clients who can afford them.

I think this is by far my most favorite collection of Raf for Dior. It's precise and has a bridge between Raf and Dior that doesn't feel awkward nor unexcited.

Such an effortless couture, very stunning.

I loved Raf at Jil sander, which really was a modern Couture, why does everything at Dior feel so awkward and restrained? Jil Sander was sweeping beauty, Dior always feels like it's all stitched together in a forced, unnatural way, almost like he doesn't feel at ease and it doesn't come natural. It's sad because he's such an amazing designer but something here is off.

The dresses at the beginning were stunning! Overall, I like this collection! I'm reminded by Dior by Marc Bohan by this for some reason though...

Will every Dior thread be like those TFS threads where everyone does nothing but whine about how it was better before, that the designer isn't fit and all that? ZzzzzzzZzzz ! Good grief! Everyone's entitled to their opinion but some reactions here seem a bit ridiculous... Say what you want about Raf's work for the house of Dior but his HC collections sell and this one will undoubtedly sell too (love those first Marie-Antoinette-esque dresses, would buy them in a heartbeat if I were a couture client!).

Last but not least, I just have an honest question in mind: do those of you have any fashion design background that would allow them to question the construction of the garments especially how well they are made? I, myself, don't have any so I won't go ahead and say anything about that particular point -- but I doubt that Dior's ateliers are composed of people who can't properly do their job... :unsure:

Last but not least, I just have an honest question in mind: do those of you have any fashion design background that would allow them to question the construction of the garments especially how well they are made? I, myself, don't have any so I won't go ahead and say anything about that particular point -- but I doubt that Dior's ateliers are composed of people who can't properly do their job... :unsure:

Indeed I questioned the same thing myself too. Even if some of you do have the qualification, I think an opinion on construction is only valid if one has seen and touch the garment especially on those Haute Couture dresses. At this modern age, what may seem like a well-cut dress may actually be horribly constructed. If seams or hems on a Dior HC garment is actually poorly done or 'unclean' then perhaps we should question the relevance of the whole industry of Haute Couture as a whole.

PS: It's already Raf's 5th HC collection at Dior. Do you seriously think it's his ambition at the helm of the atelier to please his fans during his Jil Sander time? He may lose some 'fanbase' but he's definitely gaining a lot more. Your loss, not his.

PSS: To say that the collection is definitely very (insert brand name here) is simply showing how fashionably inept you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->