Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2015.16 Paris

^In all Vogue sites Simons has a lot of coverage as if he would discovered the Couture. I understand LVMH is investing a lot in Condenast spaces to sell his designer as the great-big-thing. But there were few days and this collection became forgetable. I rememer most the beautiful puntilism art in the venue.

^In all Vogue sites Simons has a lot of coverage as if he would discovered the Couture. I understand LVMH is investing a lot in Condenast spaces to sell his designer as the great-big-thing. But there were few days and this collection became forgetable. I rememer most the beautiful puntilism art in the venue.

I agree. Every collection of his is forgettable, the only thing that remains is his style which is a little tired by now. I like his collections but I wish he could break-out from his "safe" and do something more daring

when he said in that video that he wants to "take something from the past and make it relevant for now" isn't that basically what every designer does :lol: sounded a bit funny to me

Two minutes interview. I had to stop it at 1:00 because was dying of boredom.
Karl Lagergeld: 1:35 minutes interview. When it ended I thought the video was just starting.

My gawwwwwd, hire someone more charismatic! And more talented!

^If he were more talented, his lack of charisma wouldn't be a big problem. Basically clothes should speak for themselves without any interviews, just look at Theyskens.

I watched other interview with him. I lost more than 20 minutes of my life and I was sooo bored. Where can I get them back?

T:
Karl Lagergeld: 1:35 minutes interview. When it ended I thought the video was just starting.

My gawwwwwd, hire someone more charismatic! And more talented!

:lol:, I wanted to give you some karma for this, but you know the drill. Unlike Karl, or even that Balmain twink, I don't think he's got the showman qualities needed for a major house like Dior. That said, I can appreciate his intellectual research and approach applied to his collections, even though I might not be a fan of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ karl is pretentious, did you guys all watch dior & i? i like raf because he is clearly a very kind man, a true art lover and i feel like he truly loves making his work (in a similar way to alber elbaz, actually), in this emotional and beautiful way.

he is not into this "celebrity" obsession with people like the kartrashians and cara who are all about fakeness and over exposure

I don't mind raf being dull in his interviews, some people are just shy and reclusive. Raf is not the celebrity fame loving type, he's also one of the few designers using celebrity models to get attention. Raf isn't an attention seeker, he seems more introverted

Phoebe Philo is 'reclusive', and Hedi too, and quite shy also, but I wish their interviews lasted a thousand pages or seven hours... All they say is interesting and leave you wanting to know more about their universe, their thoughts...

Raf Simons is just too pedant, pretentious, conceited and BORING. It looks like all he says has been practiced in front of the mirror of his bedroom. Too empty talk in his speech, too calculated... There isn't the spark of the creator, the magic of the passionate designer that you can feel even in the most reclusive and shy designers... And his tone of voice should be used by scientists to find a cure for insomnia.

Still cant get over how bad this show is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->