Christian Dior Haute Couture F/W 2015.16 Paris

IS THIS COUTURE????????????? i like the peices but this is not couture sorry

he doesn't know how to make coats..i hate them all

he knows how to make pretty dresses, why can't he just stick to that. there are a few here.

Dior-Couture-FW15-Paris-0546-1436195196-mediumbigthumb.jpg
Dior-Couture-FW15-Paris-0550-1436195199-mediumbigthumb.jpg

Dior-Couture-FW15-Paris-0560-1436195210-mediumbigthumb.jpg
Dior-Couture-FW15-Paris-0597-1436195272-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

I can see Ghesquire in here a lot: the net dress, the shoulders. This collection is all over the place, but not particularly ugly.

There are a lot of beautiful pieces in this collection. Definitely some clunky looks (including the shoes, I'm not in love with them at all!), but some of it is really lovely. It lacks cohesion as a whole, however, I think it stems from the idea he's had for his Dior. Feels like a natural evolution to me. I'll probably be in the minority! :lol:

Every time I think I finally got the slightest idea as to what Raf's Dior is, he releases a collection that takes me back to square one.. like this one. It's directionless and there was no coherence. It's like 4 collections patched into 1. Instead of feeling luxurious (since it's HC), I somehow only felt the heaviness coming from the clothes and that's just about it. And I'm sorry, the gimmick of holding the clothes together was so yesterday! For heaven's sake, put a button on there (what's more sad if they're squeezing it to add effect to the clothes).

It's not an ugly collection, but it's really an off one. It's not something I'd put for Couture. Although, this is better than some of his RTW shows, but not by a mile. Every collection he makes, especially for Couture, just makes me miss the Galliano days even more. Heck, Raf makes Bill Gaytten look like a genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
the outerwear with the asymmetries and the weird volumes is beyond amazing

everything else though... meh

Same, I thought the volumes looked beautiful, and light and easy like someone said... I like that they don't come off as oppulance but have this quietness that's a bit reminiscent of how Encens presents it in editorials. Definitely the most interesting and experimental part of the collection... I'm indifferent to everything else.

The most beautiful thing about the show is the venue. Dior constructed a 21st century, modernist stained glass church for this show.

Lets just talk about Raf's Samurai tee shirt. That is dope.

The holding the coats closed reminds me of his final jil sander collection, and the scaffolding reminds me of previous dior collections he's done. There's nothing new here, a few nice dresses but overall very dull and forgettable. Dior is about opulence not understatement and minimalism. Although I do think this time he didn't create something truly hideous, even the shoes look alright. Jennifer and Marion are probably relieved about that.
I just think he should be at a different house, someone else should be at Dior

Hit or miss as usual! See all the references you guys are mentioning!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I checked this collection again- I can see a lot of Giamba here. Look at the shoes and some dresses. It's just a lack of any concept so imho Raf copied other designers and his best pieces from the past. I'm sorry, but now I think he's kind of no-brainer. Just listen to his interview after last resort show, where he talked about his inspirations- he was inspired by French Riviera. But come on, everyone knows that Dior wanted to show that collection in Palm Springs and they changed that because of LV. Now he designed this collection on autopilot mode. But at least we already know how the next ready to wear collection will look like.

It got better towards the middle and end, the first few looks were questionable. I know it's not his thing but I do wish he would use the ateliers' skills and talents in a more obvious way. I want to see the showmanship that the house is very capable of doing.

It is a bit different than what he usually does ... I love it. The cotas are amazing, the firsts make me think of Jacquemus :smile: The cut of the dresses are very pretty !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->