Christian Dior S/S 10 Paris

Everything I hate about the 'NEW DIOR WOMAN,' tasteless, uninspired, and stuffy. Just can't believe this stuff is John Galliano, it breaks my heart!

The floral chemises are all good. The rest is not spectacular by dior standard.

I really like the orange one...but I have to digest this. There are some obvious Dior signature outfits, some in the form of trenches...but the flimsiness seems more like Elie Saab or Valentino, as previously mentioned.

Is not a bad collection, but like I said, it's just not that very Dior and certainly not John Galliano for Dior. I guess is a case of John Galliano raising my expectations too high for him because I used to always count that he would throttle my mind and inspire. It really is unbearable to see this new banality in his collections.

I'm sitting here thinking about how he could have done this collection differently with the exact same inspirations and it comes out so much better. The fact is John is not inspired, the suits will not let him get creative, and the economic state does not allow for risks so is just a terrible situation.

(and they should have played Michael Jackson's 'Smooth Criminal'...... would have been perfect! What happened Mr. Healy?!)

Really beautiful!
Nice colour palette, the gowns at the end are of course gorgeous.
:blush: Can't wait for the full show.

not even Elie Saab, to me it is more like Zuhair Murad or other lebanese designers that are based in Milan or Dubai...

it has been almost a decade & all his shows were based on historical themes. I mean even the old Karl who is in his late 70's, his work for Chanel is still modern & fresh!

honestly I think Galliano has lost his mojo.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, empty collection. nothing interesting, something is really really wrong...

The perfect song for this show would be the Sugababes`s "Get Sexy"... ; PPP (love)

It's nice, some of the dresses are good and the styling is good but it's just so boring.

Lingerie, film noir, 40s Hollywood....PURE DELICIOUS-NESS!!!!:heart: I don't care if it's the same theme over and over when the theme is so perfect. :heart:

I LOVE the collection!!!
I am kinda disappointed that John showed that he was inspired by the last haute couture collection in an OBVIOUS way, but nontheless!!!
VERY CHIC!!! BRAVA!!

Ok, I actually like this. I'd say it's one of the better uninspired collections of the past few seasons. And as an adaptation from the couture show, it works as well somehow.

This is all in perspective of course...I'd rather see a good pair of Queen Moms under a rubber micro mini, but hey, that's just me :P

I think I would [strike]like[/strike] love this collection except for two things:
1. I hate, HATE, HATE the ankle socks, I wanna find the stylist and smack him or her upside the head, I don't care if it was Galliano himself! Why, oh why didn't they do sheer stockings with a seam down the back. I don't care for the shoes either, but I can live them because they fit the theme of the collection, in fact I can see myself actually warming to them if they were showcased better.

2. If I saw this collection before HC collection, it would appear fresher to me, but nevertheless the HC collection spoiled me somewhat. In fact I think I like this collection better and I am totally fine with the notion of Galliano going to the Dior archives for inspiration. Also it should be noted (IIRC) that the HC collection was more 50s inspired and this is more 1940s. Furthermore, despite feeling this way, I don't know if I am being totally fair because it makes sense for the haute couture collection to be the baseline for the ready-to-wear collection. If a designer's HC collection sets a new direction, shouldn't he of all people be the one to capitalize on it, as opposed to the knock-off-ers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing too brand new but its a lovely collection, j'adore the lingerie-look and even the glittery socks as such (but not in combo with these outfits lol).

This isn't bad at all, some of the pieces are great but I have to say I do see some sloppyness. I just don't understand why he always has to be so LITERAL with his inspirations. Just because your are doing film noir doesn't mean everything has to look like a costume with the hair and makeup, styling, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->