Christian Dior S/S 10 Paris

This looks very promising so far. I can't wait for more!

everyone on twitter was freaking out about the bags, and while i find them interesting, i can't really figure them as a must have? i dont know.. and im not a big fan of the short trenchcoats

I think the costumy side of Galliano's Dior died a couple of years ago...Nowadays they are just clothes. And in recent times, this 'just-a-collection-of-clothes' looks best. Maybe it's the hair, make-up, styling and the attitude of the models that's helping, but it's def better than last season.

Certainly not what I was expecting and is that a good thing???? Maybe in this case. Love the styling and I can't wait to see the video.
Very cool, elegant and classy. Need to see it all.

siri.jpg

news.yahoo.com

im dying with anticipation to see full collection images.

It is just too close to Valentino for my tastes. After a what turned out to be a quite good haute couture collection, I had some hope that Dior would get a little more interesting. Is not that I want the years of the highly theatrical Dior back (although I would not oppose), but is these pretty clothes that just somehow annoy me especially coming from John. Every season I tell myself just to get over it, but somehow I cannot. :(

It just gets more and more boring. Seriously... I mean it's beautiful, but that's the least you would expect from Dior. It's like an actor being satisfied with just learning their lines - it's not enough!

It is just too close to Valentino for my tastes. After a what turned out to be a quite good haute couture collection, I had some hope that Dior would get a little more interesting. Is not that I want the years of the highly theatrical Dior back (although I would not oppose), but is these pretty clothes that just somehow annoy me especially coming from John. Every season I tell myself just to get over it, but somehow I cannot. :(

I really agree with you. I feel every since Galliano's close friend passed his collections have not been the same.

It's sad. I used to think Galliano was the greatest fashion artist and now he's became boring and predictable. I don't like this at all. Of course the clothes are beautiful but come on! It's Galliano we're talking about. I did like the old Galliano ._.

I'm going to wait until I see the entire thing before I launch into a diatribe about how this entire collection feels pointless but so far nothing I've seen has wowed me. It all feels rehashed and sort of uninspired. Glamour is wonderful but it cannot make up for creativity and inspiration. We've seen these dresses before and in better versions.

I do not want to blame this on John. I feel like there is pressure industry wide to make money and he is creating what he feels will sell. At least that is my take on this.

^ i have to agree with you , ever since he died it hasnt been the same

i do love this collection though

I feel they are actually asking him to do this kind of clothes (Sydney Toledano), because its easier to sell and makes all feel a bit more secure in the bussiness side of this whole process, nontheless I like what I see so far, I also get this Valentino feel to it, the hair and the red lips are such a Valentino trade mark.

I hope the show had a great soundtrack!

Well I think it's their plan. To steal Valentino's clientele after the master retired. For me, John's doing a good job at Dior ready-to-wear. You can see the finesse. I just expect the couture collections to have more sparks and changes.

Haven't been excited got Dior for many season now. This one leave me feel the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rantanplan1980
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->