Coco Young

^Thank you for posting this!
I kinda actually like her more after this video. Helmut Newton is also one of my favorites photographers, and she seems very artistic, very intelligent, and we both have the same hair style. ( I have never colored my hair and it's wavy and long by itself) :smile:
She has gorgeous eyes, and the last hair style looked incredibly amazing on her!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like her. I think she has a very special face.

coco-young-topshop-ss-b.jpg

www.refinery29.com

^ thank you for posting! love her street style, def. an elegant girl with style :smile:

Ooooo!!! Love her style :woot:

Me too! It's much better than some of the more hipster :yuk: styled pictures I've seen of her. I hope she stays true to herself and doesn't get carried away and try to turn herself into some caricature of herself like a lot of models tend to do (cough, Abbey Lee, cough). I find her extremely interesting as she is -- the video of her is great, it reaffirmed my feeling (from her first print interview) that she is intelligent and articulate.

And I love the picture of her on the piano, gorgeous :heart:

:shock: Can't believe you just dissed Abbey.. She is one of the few models who actually hasn't changed despite the growing success she is having..

Anyways Coco is going to make it big, definitely someone to look out for. :flower:

You say so. But I remember Abbey Lee before her over-the-top zaniness: the days when she didn't eat baby food in front of the paparazzi, or talk about peeing on herself in interviews, before she colored on stage like a 5 year old. Her eccentric behavior seems to grow with her success, and feels extremely contrived (and not at all charming) to me.

Abbey Lee used to be so interesting and articulate in her interviews, which is why I drew the comparisons to Coco. With that said, Abbey Lee is still one of the BEST models out there, and Coco would be lucky to achieve half of her success during her career.

^ Well Abbey lee is quite known for her weird ways, eating baby food doesn't exactly make her eccentric but everyone is entitled to their opinions. :flower:

With that said hopefully Coco will starting scoring some eds. and campaigns she has an amazing profile! :heart:

She's cute, but for me she kind of has a boring face to look at... most expressions are the same... innocent but boring :smile:

Show Package – New York S/S 11 : Wilhelmina

models

It can’t be an easy decision to sit for an artist notorious for his distorted, luridly seductive and parodic paintings of women—no matter how brilliant and acclaimed they may be. Here Coco Young tells us about becoming the subject of painter John Currin’s gaze, and the dark tale of her favorite fur coat.

“Being an artist’s model is not something I aspire to, it just happened: I was interning for the art magazine Tar and Bill Powers—he’s an art director and gallery owner in New York and he’s also [fashion designer] Cynthia Rowley’s husband—wanted to introduce me to his friend John Currin. At the time I had no idea who he was. I was Googling ‘paintings by John Currin’ and what was coming up was his p*rn*gr*ph*c work, so I was a bit concerned and I even remember showing them to my mum. But I decided to meet him anyway—I say yes to most projects because you never know what might turn out. At his studio I really fell in love with his current work (while I like the p*rn*gr*ph*c paintings, I personally did not want to be posing like that) and so we decided to work together. One work––I think he is painting it now––features a fur coat that I had, which I posed with many times, both naked and wearing it. It reminded John of a fur coat his wife, Rachel Feinstein, had back when they met, so he was excited to be using it. I actually ended up giving it to him because I was mugged in Brooklyn last December when I was wearing it; it got torn and there is a lot of blood on the lining. It was my favorite coat, but there was no way I was going to wear it again, and I decided to give it to him for the sake of art. I know he often changes his ideas at the last minute, so I hope there will be a painting of that coat—for the memory if it.”

vdidzt.jpg

Certain individuals manage to effortlessly capture the spirit of the times. Coco Young—model, muse, photographer and self-publisher—is one such girl. Currently one of the subjects in New Paintings, an exhibition by artist John Currin at the Gagosian, Madison Avenue, Young has also worked on several projects with photographer Ryan McGinley, been shot by Richard Kern and walked on Marc Jacobs’s runway. All this happened before the New York-born, Marseille-raised Young even signed with an agency. For today's story, shot in Paris for NOWNESS by photographer Columbine Goldsmith, Young took a ride on the carousel in Montmartre and made a long-awaited visit to the Rodin Museum. “I had a dream about coming here, and in the middle of the night I sent Columbine an email about it,” she says with a laugh. Young takes her own pictures too, some of which she posts on a visual diary blog, and is working on a limited-edition print zine, to be distributed through the aNYthing store. The zine is a platform for her inner thoughts, but Young also turns her eye on those around her—increasingly other models as her career in the industry takes off. Between castings, fittings and photo shoots, her peers spend more time waiting around than most: “Some pick up a book, others talk on the phone or to each other, some are drawing,” says Young.

nowness.com

I just discovered her. She's very interesting and I like the way her mind works.

Tokion – Vol.3 No.6 of 2010
Editorial: A Case Of Mistanken Identity
Photography: Vicent Skeltis
Styling: Vanessa Chow

stamina @ bytemodels

See E-Tailer La Garçonne's New In-House Collection

fashionologie

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members