Louis Vuitton S/S 2007 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert & Marcus

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
120806_17.jpg

from wwd...

When Scarlett Johansson turned up on the set for Louis Vuitton's spring campaign last month, the crew discovered the actress had given her famous blonde locks a pink tint.

That suited Vuitton artistic director Marc Jacobs just fine, given the romantic mood of his collection, which featured dense ruffles, Liberty prints and monogram handbags overlaid with metallic lace.

"She looks like the French coquette," Jacobs said of Johansson's appearance in Vuitton's next campaign, slated to break in February magazines. "It's just fresh, very romantic and extremely pretty."

The spring-summer spots, photographed by Vuitton regulars Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott at a London studio equipped with a swing as the central prop, represent an encore for Johansson, who posed for the French company in 2004 beside a crop of other young actors, including Chloë Sevigny, Christina Ricci, Diane Kruger and Hayden Christensen.

Jacobs said Johansson is a "terrific" model, whose voluptuous curves and flawless skin are displayed in the ads to full effect. She shares the spotlight with Vuitton's latest collection of covetable bags, including its emblematic LoVe totes. Ready-to-wear, footwear, fine jewelry and fantasy jewelry also are featured.

Past Vuitton campaigns have included the likes of Jennifer Lopez and Uma Thurman, and Jacobs said only celebrities or supermodels seem to suit the brand's stature. "It works for us," he said. "I think of Vuitton as a larger-than-life luxury brand."

kimair, thanks for posting all the s/s 06 ads! :clap: you're fast!

Looks quite interesting, she is right for this 'feel'

i like the ad a lot. and i like the tote as well. i wonder what kind of materials were used for it.

i cant wait to see the rest of the images.

I was weary at first upon hearing this news because her last LV ad was disasterous, imo. But she looks great. I actually love this ad. Can't wait to see more. Thanks Kimair :flower:.

Loving this so far - somewhat Prada SS06-ish, but with a floral/fairytale twist!

I wasn't expecting to be pleased with this campaign, but I like what I see so far, it's very pretty and I love the feeling of sweetness.

I'm actually liking what I see so far. Maye not when I see a bigger version?

ot, but when did hayden christensen model for louis vuitton, like it says in post #1? and does someone have a pic of this?
thx :smile:

Check on the Hayden Christensen thread but IMHO, it's not a very....masculine ad :P You'll see what I mean :lol:

don't you guys think that the ads are getting more and more early... it's not even Christmas yet and the SS07 are out already... the curise as well...

anyway i think i quite like the ad with Scarlett... and i think she suits the whole Louis Vuitton feel... and that tote bag will be one of the 'IT' bag next season for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->