Louis Vuitton S/S 2007 : Scarlett Johansson by Mert & Marcus

I think it is gorgeous, the ads that is, the bags are hidious. Scarlett is looks sweet as pie^_^

MulletProof said:
I think I hate it.
sad.gif
I think I love it; which is worse? :ninja:

I know I hate it. I adore Scarlett but in those ads she just looks like a tacky shepherdess. The bags are hideous but that's just LV, but IMHO Marc Jacobs did real harm to this girl's image with this session...

I don't like Scarlett one bit but the ad girl doesn't look like her at all. Looking at the rope in the second picture wrapped around her body, it looks like a tattoo no sense of reality, no shadow of skin tightening. Hate the fact that the airbrushing is so heavy but I have to give it to Scarlett for delivering the face.

The campaign reminds me of John Currin's work.
Am I the only one :unsure:

JOHN CURRIN: THE HOBO, 1999

johncurrinweblp4.jpg

mcasd.org

I think they are trying to reference the Rococo period in painting. Particularly because they used a swing[SIZE=-1] as a prop, Jean-Honoré Fragonard's painting The Swing comes to mind. This period is seen as very indulgent so I guess it fits well with the LV brand. Scarlett's skin tone and features very similar to the women depicted in rococo paintings.

http://www.artlex.com

[/SIZE]

Attachments

• fragonard_columpio.jpg
    fragonard_columpio.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IX002466~The-Muse-Erato-Posters.jpg
    IX002466~The-Muse-Erato-Posters.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 10
Scarlett just does not know how to pose. Her expression is vacant and awkward.

I love them, I think she looks fresh and girly which fits the collection perfectly and I love the vintage postcard feel to them

caryanne said:
I think they are trying to reference the Rococo period in painting. Particularly because they used a swing[SIZE=-1] as a prop, Jean-Honoré Fragonard's painting The Swing comes to mind. This period is seen as very indulgent so I guess it fits well with the LV brand. Scarlett's skin tone and features very similar to the women depicted in rococo paintings.
[/SIZE]

By jove you're right :woot:

these dont impress me at all, even though i really liked the collection...

Not a big fan of Scarlett, and not a big fan of these ads. They just do nothing for me.

I like concept and colors. I expected much worse so is not bad considering.

I think the ads are gorgeous. And I love that its Scarlett Johansson, someone who actually has a few curves. :heart:

Holy crap. I actually like it :ninja: and I'm usually one of the first to complain whenever a celeb gets major fashion contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->