Combining brown and black

Thanks astrid, I love her look... there's a casual elegance about her.

MaxHavoc, you must have read the same article I have .... :smile:

Originally posted by lele@Oct 23rd, 2003 - 1:20 pm
my god carolyn was incredible... I admired her style more than any person in the public eye and no one has ever compared.... she always looked good. ALWAYS... and wore so little…i sometimes remove jewelry and think it looks better without much at all and I then think of her she always dressed that way - less is more.

why is it though, that so many men think of her as unattractive. my father, my husband, etc I was discussing her at work and got a resounding, oh she was not pretty at all????... so often i hear that and it infuriates me. I guess her beauty is of a different kind.
I agree, Lele. :flower: She's my personal fashion icon. :heart:

My bf think she's beautiful in a classic sense, but nothing really stands out to him. He's said before that she is someone who is his mother would love. ^_^ She loves me so maybe I'm doing something right. :heart:
:lol:

Originally posted by Astrid21+Oct 24th, 2003 - 2:28 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Astrid21 @ Oct 24th, 2003 - 2:28 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-lele@Oct 23rd, 2003 - 1:20 pm
my god carolyn was incredible... I admired her style more than any person in the public eye and no one has ever compared.... she always looked good. ALWAYS... and wore so little…i sometimes remove jewelry and think it looks better without much at all and I then think of her she always dressed that way - less is more.

why is it though, that so many men think of her as unattractive. my father, my husband, etc I was discussing her at work and got a resounding, oh she was not pretty at all????... so often i hear that and it infuriates me. I guess her beauty is of a different kind.
I agree, Lele. :flower: She's my personal fashion icon. :heart:

My bf think she's beautiful in a classic sense, but nothing really stands out to him. He's said before that she is someone who is his mother would love. ^_^ She loves me so maybe I'm doing something right. :heart:
:lol: [/b][/quote]
she is a great icon! so of course you are doing something right!

I talked with my husband about her again last night... he corrected me and said he does not think she is unattractive just not conventionally beautiful but with her style and grace was indeed heads above the rest. so phew!

I think she looks so perfectly made up and so elegant that she appears aloof and
that makes men not attracted. I think guys like warmth. Now gwyneth paltrow who is another favorite fashion icon of mine has a certain air about her that makes guys want to take care of her...

Although I think Carolyn is more intriguing ...

gwyn reminds of of carolyn sometimes... although carolyn could do no wrong and gwyn can....

This brown/black topic inspired me so today I went out and bought coffe coloured leather gloves and a dark brown knitted cashmere cap.

I had a "Pretty woman" moment when I bought the cap. The salesman said something like "It's very..." and did the money/expensive gesture with his hand. :shock:

I just couldn't believe it, so I said "Excuse me?!". And he corrected himself saying "It's very warm". I did look very casual in Mulberry and Paul Smith with Levi's jeans and Prada shoes today, but really?? Even if I was wearing rags, I'd expect the staff to be polite.

Oh well, I'm more amused than upset. And puzzled. Maybe he meant that it was very soft and tactile, not "too expensive"?

I disklike salespeople with their hoity toity air. I went into this exclusive shop and at first nobody will attend to me ( i was wearing jeans and a t-shirt) . But there was this lady who seemed very down to earth and took a lot of time finding me a good wardrobe from a leather jacket ,pants to several tops. I walked out of there with the owner thanking me several times and as for the sales ladies who ignored me at first...its their loss since they work on commission ...

I noticed when i go shopping I'm now in brown black mode. I'm trying to complement my numerous brown pants with black tops and the occasional cream top although I should stay away from cream since I'm not slim on top. But cream looks so good with brown and black.

I agree.. brown and black can look fabulous. I started mixing it together about a year ago although I was a little hessitant about it...but eversince that, I LOVE the combo.

I don't like brown and black on me, it does look good on some people though.

i love brown and black. it's one of my favorite color combinations. it's not boring if your pieces aren't.

I never understood the "rule" that said not to wear brown and black together. I think it can be a really neat combination-- I really like brown and black with a little bit of silver (accessories or detailing) thrown in..

I dont know maybe its just me but i have a real thing about black and brown together and i never ever do it ..im a tad ocd about it .. i have seen other people pull it off though

I think you should match shoes, belts, and leather watch bands with eachother---I wouldn't mix brown and black there, but actual clothes are fine. I like black and navy, as well.

I never used to do it until I bought this black / brown shoe:

CIMG3602.jpg

I do it all the time now - but typically only when I'm doing a biz / smart casual.

Brown & Black

i've seen some girls do it, and it looks good on them,
but if i put the two together :huh:

i can't seem to pull it off.

i don't know what to wear with brown for that matter.
right now i was thinking a light gray sweater with a with shirt underneath and brown pants.

i think it has to do with my skin color.
i'm latin, so i got that natural year round tan.

ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uppmuntra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->