CR Fashion Book #18 S/S 2021

I think the fear of being irrelevant , happens a lot when people grow, make her associate with OK talent. Also she put herself the hat of “i can discover new talent and make them big” like Lola said all the models love her so instead of trying to be a follower, turn your magazine give the best fashion with the best team and being responsible at the same time.

She need to take control on her magazine and take full advantage of her connections.

also i think with age, she is more aware how people percieved her. Idk her but that’s the impression i have.

with that being said, i prefer the first cover, im sure it will look good on their new big format.

This are the rest of the covers:
J Balvin
CR 18.jpg

Lous and the Yakuza
CR 182.jpg

Rebecca Leigh
CR 183.jpg

Barbie Ferreira
CR 184.jpg

source: flikthru.co.uk

What did they do to J Balvin? He’s hot af and there’s no need of this blasphemy :cry::cry::cry:

I think the fear of being irrelevant , happens a lot when people grow, make her associate with OK talent. Also she put herself the hat of “i can discover new talent and make them big” like Lola said all the models love her so instead of trying to be a follower, turn your magazine give the best fashion with the best team and being responsible at the same time.

She need to take control on her magazine and take full advantage of her connections..

No amount of failed desperation/pandering/begging for current relevancy will erase her glorious past of visionary creativity. Aging absolutely seems like a hex on many creatives. But she and everyone should make peace that especially in the creative industries, their relevance nor reign would’t last until their time is up. Nor should they hang on to past glories. Carine seems to be lost in this purgatory of desperately clinging onto her past of being a reverred trailblazing stylist and editor— and desperately trying to keep up and be downwith the kidz: And that two aspect of her is not working together well. You see this same desperation with someone like Madonna— who’s consistency referencing her past glories--desperate to remind everyone that she’s the “Queen”, and yet still so desperately seeking the approval of kidz by latching on to them. And for both these women, it’s painful to see them so desperate for relevance.

Her Fashion Book could have been such an oasis for creative exclusivity— from insiders to fashion fans, and as an integrity of the highest standards of fashion presentation. And it’s this desperation to remain relevant at any cost, that I have so much respect for the likes of Helmut/Phoebe/Ann to have walked away from it all when they were still fire, to Fabien Baron/Grace Coddington/George Cortina for their consistency in staying true to their creative direction.

There are many people in the industry that I may admire creatively, but no way would I want to know them, either because of their attitude and/or daily treatment of others. It’s only fashion— it’s not important and neither is anyone working in this industry when it comes to the real world. Carine never gave off a any sort of that vibe. I’ve always liked her. Unfortunately, this need to be always down with the kidz comes more from a place of ego and greed than anything else. And seems like she isn't immune to such trappings.

those are not bad and the CR men has been providing many interesting contents consistently, wondering who is really behind to make it happen.

regarding those very covers, it feels like they want to collect the audiences used to dig LOVE magazine

Two digital covers...

and some previews:

Honey Dijon seems to be getting all of her cake lately, and good for her!
Still it's odd to see her guest editing this magazine, which has never lived up to it's hype and promise, imo.

Based on CR standards and past, this is not bad at all... I just wish that Vladimir did not feel the need to be mentioned on every post... The ego :rolleyes:

Its cute I like the styling - the mom wearing the knit dress is humorous. the soccer team is funny too because in europe there's always a soccer team on the plane.

barbie looks great in that versace dress

Based on CR standards and past, this is not bad at all... I just wish that Vladimir did not feel the need to be mentioned on every post... The ego :rolleyes:
I’m really surprised by the photography and the certain consistency even if Carine is still the strongest talent.

Since when are we mentioning the « president »? Lol

^ I know! This family is really something... Like he needs to prove to himself he is doing something with his life.

Back to CR, I feel like they may improve. They have changed their team. You know how much I believe that Carine's success depends on her minions.

Oh I assume that givenchy paid for j bopper's presence so no comment on that product placement

The issue will save my money ... again
Only Rebecca story has that carine roitfeld touch back in vogue paris era. The rest is quite harpers bazaar USA era of her. I mean let’s just skip it as a commercial break on cable

CR Fashion Book #18 Spring/Summer 2021

Flying Private

Photographer: Daniel Regan
Stylist: Maeve Reilly
Hair: Bryce Scarlett
Makeup: Nina Park
Cast: Hailey Bieber

CR Fashion Book Digital Edition

In-Between Flights

Photographer: Devyn Galindo
Stylist: Chris Horan
Hair: Rob Tally
Makeup: Kali Kennedy
Cast: Barbie Ferreira

Welcome Aboard

Photographer: Louie Banks
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Hair: Pierre Saint Sever, Olivier Schawalder
Makeup: Aurore Gibrien
Cast: Honey Dijon, Malika Louback, Parker van Noord, Shayna McNeill, Georgina Grenville, Sophie Strobele, Lous and the Yakuza, Carine Roitfeld, Miranda Kerr, Mao Xiaoxing, Jean Augnet, Ruben Moreira, Valentin Humbroich, Rebecca Leigh Longendyke

Under Cover

Photographer: Pierre-Ange Carlotti
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Hair: Yoann Fernandez
Makeup: Helene Vasnier
Cast: Steinberg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"