CR Fashion Book Issue #24 S/S 2024

Her first cover… to this. Why?

Smh
All the money in the world and not a single brain cell to go with it.
She looks like a cognitively impaired streetwalker here.

I love her very much but her magazine portfolio hardly impresses me.

She’s like a chameleon to me. Not a fan of the styling, however.

Smh
All the money in the world and not a single brain cell to go with it.
She looks like a cognitively impaired streetwalker here.

Goodness, what did Beyoncé ever do to you?! 🫢

I’m not a fan of this cover. I think simple and elegant suits her best for fashion mags. The styling here is horrid, would look ridiculous on just about anyone.

Here comes my favourite fashion woman. Lacks any elegance or high fashion nuance as usual. She will not have it no matter how hard she tries, maybe it is time to stop. Before people complain about Meisel shooting Maya Jama or other B-list celebrities for campaigns and Vogue: the rule is quite simple, there are people that have "it" and those that don't, and Beyonce does not. Solange or Rihanna she is not.

Beyonce looks pretty with those wigs. Red suits her.

Tragic indeed, and to think Carine Roitfeld (to woman who gave us countless stellar fashion stories and covers as EIC of Vogue Paris) is attached to this is making matters even worse. CR Fashion Book lost its spark a long time ago but these are just such a non-event that I am genuinely sat here dumbfounded.

Again. Beyoncé's American Vogue cover from April 2009 by Mario Testino remains undefeated.

I'd argue Beyoncé does have "it," which is what propelled her during Destiny's Child and her early solo career. But due the tight leash she keeps on her image and lack of aesthetic taste, it's difficult to present her in a way that isn't pedestrian. I think if she'd let a real stylist and photographer have their way with her, without any oversight, it would be amazing. But that's never going to happen, so here we are.

Too forced,but again...that is Beyonce...i think the only ed i like of her was from W some years ago...by Demarchelier...and That Testino cover without all the Beyonce tricks...she photographs well only on few occasions....

I liked the previous Beyonce CRFB issue. It was chic…A bit contrived but chic.

Beyonce is an interesting case for me with fashion. She is a natural, timeless beauty. I think that Testino has perfectly captured that side of her.

Then, there’s another side, which is the performer that I think nobody has captured perfectly yet. Her connection to fashion comes from her stage presence. Her fashion icon status comes through that. Nobody cares about her off-stage looks. Her stylists do her wrong everytime anyway…

And so here, Carine missed the mark. Beyonce don’t have to be edgy.
Put her on the hottest looks of the season, have a fan on set, capture her in movement and there you go.

Carine needs to call Fabien Baron. Really or a seasoned Art Director. This magazine doesn’t have any ounce of vision.
So far, she can attract the biggest stars because of her connections but without top fashion talents, this is useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->