Daniel Lee - Designer, Creative Director of Burberry

He’ll do better at jil sander. Burberry is just a crap house. Was interesting for a bit with Tisci, but the suits and the new ceo probably killed any spirit…
Daniel lee’s Burberry has been nothing but a disaster. Provincial Little Britain!!
I like his Burberry in the same way that I liked his Bottega Veneta. I actually prefer his Burberry because the accessories are less obnoxious and we don’t have an aggressive green to deal with.
I think he has range. He can do bourgeois, edgy, functional and I love his collaboration with Lebon.

Tisci was good but it wasn’t focused. And I think Lee is losing a bit of his confidence at Burberry.

I don’t care for Burberry so they can have whoever they want anyway. They can even promote internally.

I like his Burberry in the same way that I liked his Bottega Veneta. I actually prefer his Burberry because the accessories are less obnoxious and we don’t have an aggressive green to deal with.
I think he has range. He can do bourgeois, edgy, functional and I love his collaboration with Lebon.

Tisci was good but it wasn’t focused. And I think Lee is losing a bit of his confidence at Burberry.

I don’t care for Burberry so they can have whoever they want anyway. They can even promote internally.
what i love about Daniel as a designer is that his work has charisma and edge. Blazy creates an intelligent and intellectual BV, that ticks all the boxes, but not for me.. :( i miss the DL x BV era.

Makes me think about those latest Alasdair McLellan images they've been posting... Tragedy. It's giving Pringle of Scotland (RIP) more than anything.

First of, I find a bit vulgar to point the finger at anyone dealing with any kind of addiction. Second, unless you know him personally, you are basing your judgement on assumptions. And third, mind you that if that was ever a justification, very VERY few designers (past and present) would get hired and be paid the way they are.
bit harsh to call /find someone a bit vulgar for just mentioning a possible scenario with a valid point made in regards of repercussion in context of the discussion its a point to be mentioned, we can disagree without name calling every time.

since when has discusion become convincing each other that one's personal point of view is the only truth and the goal is we just have to make the other person agree.

also the point here that The Frenchy was making is that it's more visible Lee issues and this for interested companies is a lability factor they doe speak about when its common public/industry wide knowledge or gossip regarding a creative director or person at particular level, compared to when thing are hidden and /under control and not widely known in HR circles /CEO who has what side issues.

i can tell you for a fact that HR and head hunters look at side behavior and gossip as well of candidates many know why has what issues.

bit harsh to call /find someone a bit vulgar for just mentioning a possible scenario with a valid point made in regards of repercussion in context of the discussion its a point to be mentioned, we can disagree without name calling every time.

since when has discusion become convincing each other that one's personal point of view is the only truth and the goal is we just have to make the other person agree.

also the point here that The Frenchy was making is that it's more visible Lee issues and this for interested companies is a lability factor they doe speak about when its common public/industry wide knowledge or gossip regarding a creative director or person at particular level, compared to when thing are hidden and /under control and not widely known in HR circles /CEO who has what side issues.

i can tell you for a fact that HR and head hunters look at side behavior and gossip as well of candidates many know why has what issues.

Not going to go on forever regarding that topic but I suggest you read again the interaction. What you qualify as "just mentioning a possible scenario" is not what was done. The user's post started by "With his addictions..." and was later reinforced by "i'm not laughing or pointing out nothing just stating a fact, because it's not a rumor". If one mentions they're stating a fact, they are, by essence, *not* speculating. Not that speculating on someone's addictions would make it any better...

This is not about convincing someone or not, this is about being mindful about what one writes on a public platform. Especially when it's about someone's life. I know being respectful isn't the trend these days, but unless someone has chosen to make their battles public (and I'm not talking through what some have read on Twitter or Tiktok and consider "official"), I'd really suggest to think twice about speculating on that sort of thing.

There's a lot to talk about and to like/dislike about his work, I'm sure people can focus on that.

The one thing you mentioned I agree with, is that any designer's behaviour is closely observed within the industry (even if, gossip travels faster than truth over there). Some are better than others at hiding their demons (or that they are assh**** to be honest), that's for sure.

Whatever he is, or isn't, going through I do hope he will go to a fashion house that will let him develop further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingoRichie1990
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->