Frida Giannini - Designer

Really, historically it was a leather goods house like Vuitton or Hermes. Look it up.

Also, historically, their clothes were the most desirable in the world, only for that to be killed by those without a vision.
Without those clothes, the accessories would be nothing.

Gucci Team Makes Changes Ahead of Fall Show
By Samantha Conti and Luisa Zargani
ALL CHANGE: Gucci’s in-house design team — under the direction of Alessandro Michele, the brand’s head accessories designer and front-runner for the post of creative director — has been working ’round the clock to completely redesign the men’s collection to be shown in Milan today, right down to the shoes; redone the casting with models who’ve never walked for Gucci before, and even changed the set, creating a U-shaped runway with a row of seats in the middle.

“It’s as far from the former Gucci as possible. Very young, and a clean break with the past,” said one industry source, addressing the changes since the departure of former creative director Frida Giannini. A separate source added that the team is “on a high,” and supportive of Michele, who is rising to the challenge and “feeling excited, free and going for it.” It remains unclear, however, who will take the final bow, if anyone.

Giannini, who’d spent nearly a decade at Gucci, was set to step down following the women’s show in February. As reported first by WWD, she made a surprise exit from the company earlier this month and Gucci said that the men’s and women’s collections would be created by the in-house design teams.
wwd.com

^ Wow, they are really trying to clean up and open a blank canvas to rebrand. And they are definitely eager to get rid of Frida’s point-of-view.

What's going on at Gucci? They're really hell-bent on trying to erase her from the history. It's in such poor taste.

OMG, they're trying to get rid of any trace of her and at all costs. If anything, I'm kind of intrigued to see the show now.

Let's be honest, Gucci owes Frida nothing. Not respect, not delicacy. Gucci does not exist for her but rather for the coffers of Kering shareholders. In order for Gucci to move forward they have to break from the past, simple as that.

And frankly, Gucci has made her plenty rich so as far as I can tell she's in a pretty good place. Whether or not Gucci will be in a good place remains to be seen.

Well the new collection looks like it were costumes from a new vampire movie. I hope that was the look they were aiming for.

So the soundtrack was from the film A single man? Hope that doesn't mean anything.:ninja:

So the soundtrack was from the film A single man? Hope that doesn't mean anything.:ninja:

THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. Do you really think that Tom will ever want to go back to Gucci?
The Pinault Family tried very hard to erase the Tom Ford years at Gucci & Saint Laurent for the past 10 years that it's almost impossible for them to even think of him. Give Gucci to Tom means give him the total control over the brand and the Pinault doesn't want that. That's why he decided to leave and even beyond that, that's why he didn't want Bernard Arnault to buy Gucci in 1999.

The success, in less than 10 years, of his namesake brand is his best revenge.

Yup, I know and I wish he stays where he is, but with fashion you never now. It would not make any sense at all, though. The rumors were silly since minute 1.

So the frontrunnes are Alessandro and Maria Grazia. It will be one of them for sure.

According to WWD Gucci is set to announce Alessandro Michele on Wednesday.

If that's true, it's gonna be the worst move I've ever seen, they fired Frida because her sales had been bad and now they want that weird guy- his stuff won't sell like hot cakes imho.

As much as I am not a fan of Gucci or what Frida does for that matter, the way Gucci handled things left a bad taste in my mouth. Clearly says a lot about the brand.

Patrizio di Marco Headed to Dolce & Gabbana?
Could Patrizio di Marco have landed a job at Dolce & Gabbana?

Market sources say the former chairman and chief executive officer of Gucci is set to join the Italian fashion group, after honoring his one-year noncompete agreement.

Neither di Marco nor representatives of Dolce & Gabbana returned calls and messages for comment.

Di Marco left Gucci on Jan. 1 2015, followed shortly after by creative director Frida Giannini. The executive had joined the Florence-based firm in 2009, succeeding Mark Lee, at the peak of the economic crisis. The executive and Giannini, who later became his wife, focused on Gucci’s origins, highlighting Italian artisanal craftsmanship and reworking several of the brand’s staple and archival designs. Prior to that, di Marco played an instrumental role in turning around Bottega Veneta as president and ceo for eight years.

Separately, on Friday, Stefano Gabbana sparked a slew of heated responses to the images of T-shirts and bags he posted on Instagram under #dgfamily and showing same-sex couples holding babies. The issue is especially controversial at the moment in Italy as the country is divided over efforts to legalize civil unions and stepchild adoption. Also, this comes on the heels of Domenico Dolce and Gabbana’s comments made on “traditional families” in March, which also generated a social media backlash as well as headlines in Italy and internationally. Dolce’s views on “traditional families,” comprising a father and a mother, and comments he made on children he called “synthetic,” offended Sir Elton John, who called for a boycott of the Dolce & Gabbana brand, quickly spreading and drawing a slew of followers including Sharon Stone, Courtney Love, Ricky Martin and Martina Navratilova.

On Friday, Gabbana’s followers on Instagram responded to the images of the new products with comments ranging from “hypocrite” to “you like money, don’t you?”

The designer responded: “I regret that many misinterpret this message, I just want to say that Family is love!! And that love is not sexuality!!!” followed by red heart emojis.
wwd

Patrizio di Marco Joins Dolce & Gabbana Board
Sporting a full beard, a smiling Patrizio di Marco appears on Stefano Gabbana‘s Instagram account with the designer; Alfonso Dolce, who is Domenico Dolce’s brother, and Diana Zanetto, a former executive vice president and chief merchandising and licensing officer at Gucci, who now works at Dolce & Gabbana.

Asked whether he, too, has joined the Italian fashion brand, di Marco confirmed to WWD that he is now a member of the company’s board and an independent adviser.

In January sources had said the former chairman and chief executive officer of Gucci was set to join D0lce & Gabbana after honoring his one-year non-compete agreement. However, sources in Milan later said di Marco and the company had not reached an agreement over his role and the company’s structure.

Di Marco left Gucci on Jan. 1, 2015, followed shortly afterward by creative director Frida Giannini, who is married to di Marco. The executive joined the Florence-based firm in 2009, succeeding Mark Lee. Prior to that, di Marco played an instrumental role in turning around Bottega Veneta as president and ceo for eight years.

Sources in Milan speculate that di Marco’s arrival at Dolce & Gabbana could be preparatory to a public listing.
wwd

Save the Children Charity Party Milan - Nov 2017

gotceleb

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->