David Bowie

Suite

Sanstitre8-1.jpg
Sanstitre7-1.jpg
Sanstitre15-1.jpg
Sanstitre11.jpg
Sanstitre12-1.jpg

Oh yay! There is a Bowie thread.
I have a little boy who loves Sponge Bob so I thought I would pass share this info. I can't wait to see this episode ^_^

NEW YORK - All it took was daddy’s little girl to turn David Bowie from a rock star into the voice of a cartoon.

Bowie will be a guest on Nickelodeon’s “SpongeBob SquarePants,” playing a character called Lord Royal Highness in a show that will air next year.
Bowie, 59, said his 6-year-old daughter, Alexandria Zahra, is a huge SpongeBob fan and they watch the show together. He wrote in his blog that he’s “hit the Holy Grail of animation gigs.

“We, the family, are thrilled. Nothing else need happen this year, well, this week anyway,” Bowie said.

Bowie, who received a lifetime achievement honor at the Grammys this year and whose songs include “Fame,” “Young Americans” and “Space Oddity,” was previously the voice of Boz in David Cage’s 1999 “Omikron: The Nomad Soul.” He plays inventor and electrical engineer Nikola Tesla in Christopher Nolan’s upcoming movie “The Prestige,” in theaters Oct. 20.

“We, the family, are thrilled. Nothing else need happen this year, well, this week anyway,” Bowie said.

Bowie, who received a lifetime achievement honor at the Grammys this year and whose songs include “Fame,” “Young Americans” and “Space Oddity,” was previously the voice of Boz in David Cage’s 1999 “Omikron: The Nomad Soul.” He plays inventor and electrical engineer Nikola Tesla in Christopher Nolan’s upcoming movie “The Prestige,” in theaters Oct. 20.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15223467/from/RS.3/

WOW there is a Bowie thread and i didnt find it until now?:woot:
Aww i love him just going through this thread makes me wanna put his Cd on and i will....:P

I adore Bowie!
At the moment, my favourite song is "Lady Grinning Soul". The piano, his voice, the melody - it's all so perfectly romantic.
I'm also loving Cracked Actor.

Nice to see all those pics!

Someone is on a David Bowie kick...:innocent:

^ haha. :D

the song 'heroes'... the version in the christiane f. movie sends me to another planet. it also plays during such a great scene.

I never realized how much i liked bowie until i got lastFM recently and he's been one of my top played artists every week. And so it's no wonder he's my most played artist overall. There's seems to be a bowie album for every mood, that i never can get tired of him.

I love his music! My favourite song is "Station to Station". It'se very long but I can listen to it without boredom. He is prominent artist.And

Happy birthday to Bowie!

I love bowie soooo much. I just got even more into him these couple of months.

Bowie recently turned 60 years Old! And he is better then ever!

throwingcake.jpg

IMAGE FROM http://community.livejournal.com/bowie_daily

Here are some nice experts from a Guardian Article you can find here:
http://music.guardian.co.uk/pop/story/0,,1980414,00.html

Famous fans on Bowie
He exerted a strange influence on us 13-year-old boys. We started wearing make-up and telling everyone we were gay, while all the time being obsessed with lasses.
Irvine Welsh

My first crush was on Bowie in the movie Labyrinth. When I eventually met him, I couldn't tell him he was my first love because I couldn't speak.
Scarlett Johansson

Bowie's management said he only flew in a blue helicopter - blue on the inside - and we managed to find one. I said, 'Look at the inside of this helicopter!' He looked at me as if I were mad. He didn't give a sh*t what colour the helicopter was.
Noel Edmonds on travelling with Bowie to Live Aid, 1985

He's a funny, dry, erudite bloke. I imagine him in a nuclear bunker in New York surrounded by TV screens like in The Man Who Fell To Earth. Most of all he is sweet.
Ricky Gervais, after Bowie appeared in Extras this year
Before he met me he was into Zen Buddhism. He would explain it to anyone willing to listen. That's David! He's still wide-eyed, still thinks things are awesome, and he is a knowledge junkie, which is amazing for a 55-year-old man.
Tony Visconti (in 2002)

Then Bowie came along. David bloody Bowie. I remember sitting with the sleeve of Ziggy Stardust, staring as I sucked in the music, perched on the end of my bed as a kid. If [meeting Bowie] is going to be topped, someone's going to have to exhume John Lennon.
Franz Ferdinand's Alex Kapranos on meeting his hero in 2004

There's no actor who'll ever come close to influencing me as much as Bowie.
Clive Owen

[In the 1970s] he had movie-star glamour, that unbuyable, untouchable sheen which fame, style and a certain self-consciousness bestow on few people ... Bowie was a man constantly bursting with ideas
Hanif Kureishi

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Bowie is the most gorgeous man ever. I remember watching the Ziggy Stardust video a few years ago and completely falling in love. The only thing my Mum and I agree on seems to be the BEAUTY of David Bowie... haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->