Depp: 'Kate Moss was too good for me'

Reaction score
I found this article today on this website::heart:
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=152472702&p=y5z4734x8

13/08/2005 - 12:21:04
johnnydeppglassesPA.jpg

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hollywood superstar Johnny Depp fears he wasn't good enough for ex-fiancee Kate Moss - but their split had a positive effect on his personality, enabling him to fall in love with French actress Vanessa Patadis.

Depp and Moss had a turbulent relationship from 1994 -1997 and were notorious for their extravagant lifestyle and champagne jacuzzis.

But Depp insists their separation has improved her career and allowed him to meet his true soul mate and conceive his beloved children Lily-Rose Melody, six, and Jack, three.

He says: "I don't think I was very good for her, so what we did was right - we walked away from each other. She went on to bigger and better things and I went on and fell in love and had kiddies."

[/font]

Um... has he looked at who Kate's dating now? I'm sure most of you will agree with me when I say Depp's waaaay better than Pete. Nevertheless, I'd have loved for the relationship to work out. Their kids would be one of the best looking kids ever.

Er has he seen who she is with now?
Though I spose they were pretty wild when they were together.

They took a lot of liberties with that headline. Saying "she's too good for me" and "I don't think I was good for her" are two differently things entirely.

what a mature and difficult recognition....
he sounds like a good man...
:flower:

Life must suck when you have to admit that an alcoholic drug abuser was too good for you. Vanessa must feel so proud of herself since Johnny went for someone who deserved less than Kate deserved...:rolleyes:

Celebs say the stupidest things sometimes. Its incredible

Last edited by a moderator:
nowhere did i read johnny say he believed kate was 'too good for him'...
just that he may not have been the influence she needed.....and that both of them together recognized they were not good for eachother...

nothing 'stupid' about that...
:huh:

In a perfect world, Kate and Johnny would still be together and have kids. lol What can I say, I'm a fan.

Johnny is just such a class act in my opinion. I think his statement was very diplomatic...putting himself as the cause, rather than blaming the breakup on any specific situation, or Kate herself for that matter. He just always says the right thing, with a great deal of integrity.

Just because they might have had cute kids is not any reason for them to stay together. It sounds like they had a pretty awful relationship, and the worst thing you can possibly do is bring children into an unstable relationship.

I think Depp was wise to back out of the relationship, since they were apparently such a volatile pair who weren't good for each other. It sounds like he is now mature enough to be able to sustain a healthy relationship and support a family, which is what he is now doing. Moss, on the other hand, seems to be stuck in some kind of late-adolescent arrested development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sruggirello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->