Amber Heard Files for Divorce from Johnny Depp

There! Now the money is committed. Hopefully TMZ will lay off her now instead of nagging her about how she'll spend it.

Although if I were her I'd just take that extra step and make sure the money actually goes within the right channels. Very often with large charities you'll find that company directors will line their pockets first!

You'd think that after donating all seven million people would finally believe her that she wasn't after his money, but no - I read a ton of comments this morning stating that she had to say that in order to restore her public image and that she is actually going to spend the money in secret instead. What kind of a world are we living in for crying out loud?

Its crazy reading comments that people are still attacking her even after she donated the money. You see this with r*pe charges all the time (most recently Nate Parker) and its baffling and upsetting to me

She should donate 500K for NPD research and 500K for violent men anonymous lol. Nobody ever donates to the abusers.. they're the ones that simply move on onto the next relationship/victim without sorting out their crap, continuing to pollute this world and making it more expensive too (cause that's another victim that will eventually need treatment). Just watch him..

I believe her too and think she's done the right thing.. but I also think people were harsher (harsher than they already are with women who suffer abuse) for the way she went onto the relationship from the start, it's one thing for him to s*it on another person but for her act entitled and proud about it was unnecessary.. she was one insufferable celebrity, and I don't think I was alone in looking forward to their separation as part of my daily and superficial dose of celebrity show biz (haha). Of course not a separation like this... it's so sad that he's the one that kind of gets to come out glorious (so to speak) for the media..

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think that after donating all seven million people would finally believe her that she wasn't after his money, but no - I read a ton of comments this morning stating that she had to say that in order to restore her public image and that she is actually going to spend the money in secret instead. What kind of a world are we living in for crying out loud?

Agreed. I guess there's noplace like the internet for ignorant comments.

As I think about it, charities that help battered women tend to be local. Some of the major animal charities started to prevent abuse of women, children, and animals ... I find it interesting that they changed their focus given that abuse of women and children hasn't gone anywhere except perhaps slightly underground.

One can certainly understand, given accusations like this, why she would want to choose an organization with a national profile.

She should donate 500K for NPD research and 500K for violent men anonymous lol. Nobody ever donates to the abusers.. they're the ones that simply move on onto the next relationship/victim without sorting out their crap, continuing to pollute this world and making it more expensive too (cause that's another victim that will eventually need treatment). Just watch him....

Yes! These charities are probably mostly underground, I think. It would be interesting to see the percentage of abusers who actually step forward to acknowledge their issues. I don't think it's proportional to victims, and that may be because of the power structure. You'll find that in most cases the victim stands to lose far more than the abuser, on all fronts. That's why I feel these 'violent men anon' charities should be aided enough to progress.

The likelihood of him moving to the next victim seems probable, regardless of this rude awakening. I doubt there will be any self-reflection on his behalf. Judging by his friends, who imo are complicit purely because they've pledged support to something they knew bugger all about, my guess is there won't be an intervention either. And since he comes across as the textbook narc, it will be yet another emotionally troubled woman who's success and social standing doesn't match his. These people live for this sort of thing and can smell insecurity like a shark smells blood.

There must be a non-disclosure clause in the T&C, so we won't hear of this again from her. His career will survive this, but imo he joins the dirtbag hall of fame made up of Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, Cage etc.

^ cage?! but he's so nice.. (.. and listened to me ramble on negative ions months ago *victiminthemaking*).

I guess he will survive this.. The Guardian published an unusually dumb article on him today.. "an unruly misfit".. dropped out of school, lived in motels, close to Hunter S Thompson.. just a bad boy through and through and this chapter just-makes-sense. The worst part is that it's written by a woman (Jessica Valenti striking back in 4, 3 2.. :lucky:).

^ cage?! but he's so nice.. (.. and listened to me ramble on negative ions months ago *victiminthemaking*).

I guess he will survive this.. The Guardian published an unusually dumb article on him today.. "an unruly misfit".. dropped out of school, lived in motels, close to Hunter S Thompson.. just a bad boy through and through and this chapter just-makes-sense. The worst part is that it's written by a woman (Jessica Valenti striking back in 4, 3 2.. :lucky:).

Lmao re Jessica Valenti! I actually DON'T want her to weigh in on anything this time around, but she won't pass, I'm sure. Her heart seems in a good place, but I feel that most of the times she does more harm than good with her brash brand of second-wave feminism. Always comes across as so militant and rigid.
I am a bit surprised that The Guardian of all outlets went for such a stance. Maybe this is Johnny's publicist starting her damage control campaign, who knows? Instead of sending out feelers to tabloids, why not a more esteemed platform like the Guardian? Think of it, makes perfect sense.

Nicolas Cage?? You like him? Let me guess, you're a sapiosexual? Because I simply cannot think of any other reason! Lol. Even besides the abuse history, he still rubs me up all wrong. I want to say it's the receding hairline, inability to close his mouth when smiling or annoying 'pensive' frown, but no. Not a fan. He's a Coppola, so probably grew up with real artists. And he did wonders with Adaptation, brought such a beautiful novel to life. But still....
The ins and outs of his abuse history should be well documented, but for some reason it got buried deeply under his money issues and dire work prospects. One of the most overused excuses for these types..........

^ I can't stand her writing haha, but she's always reliable if you need someone to overreact on minimal recognition of men (and this wouldn't be overreacting). Sadly, no Sunday morning comeback yet..

re: Cage, I was mostly kidding (the good ol' he's so nice, therefore incapable of domestic abuse), although he's surprisingly pretty-ish/charismatic, but then so are r*pists, and people in entertainment. :meow:

Wow, she really is after some serious money. Great choice in her men. Well thought out.

In court papers filed this week, it was revealed that the 54-year-old's former management team 'knew he abused his ex-wife' and they were aware that he had 'sometimes gotten physical' with her.'
Depp and his long-time assistant publicly denied the messages and outrageously accused Heard of manufacturing them,' one filing states.
'TMG is informed and believes that Depp knew full well that the text messages were genuine, but pressured and berated his assistant to falsely challenge the texts publicly.'
dailymail

Is anyone following the London court drama with The Sun? :ninja::lol:

Man, I just want to scream at the top of my lung! what an a*shole piece of s*it he is. I have so much to say but one thing that absolutely bothers me about Me Too/women empowerment, is this notion (enforced by women and men alike) that if you have been a victim or abused in some way, you're then incapable of being an a*shole, having a big mouth, snapping back or having questionable morals yourself and if you behaved like this, then you may not have experienced abuse at all.. this is carried around over and over that it completely demerits any efforts for gender equality. Obviously with power, you can be an a*shole WITH POWER, and if you're an as*hole but an abused one that is hit repeatedly and is at a clear disadvantage or just happened to switch on that side of yours after, hello, being hit on the nose?!, perhaps you were somehow asking for it thanks to your less than stellar behavior and are not really a victim. This duality of completely human behavior is afforded to men but somehow.. just men?

Every explanation he has given is just so grossly manipulative.. from the way he referred to Paradis, how he talks about Amber trying to talk him out of his addictions as if that made her cruel, how he admits to destroying a house, blacking out, cutting his own finger and painting with the blood until there was not enough blood, but at the end 'she did all of it', to making his jealous episodes sound like they just make sense. What makes me sad is that his team is all over the internet, I wouldn't doubt if they went to that same company that recruits bots for the Kremlin because any criticism of him is quickly shut down in all media and flooded by #teamjohnny comments.. they're determined to buying truth and the sad part is that truth CAN be bought these days.

After all he did, which sounds absolutely horrible (and she sounds pretty toxic too, don't get me wrong), I would've brought a friend too to defecate on his bed. Too bad the end result here is not jail, cause that would be awesome.

.. never thought I'd be remotely siding with the lawyer of some trashy British tabloid but here I am and so invested :lol:☕️..

LOL, well anyone in the UK would be living under a rock if they say they've not heard of the lawsuit. It has been splattered across all the tabloids from respected ones such as The Times and Evening Standard to The Sun's trashy cohorts like Daily Mail and Mirror. And The Sun too has been going on overdrive with hit article after hit article, relishing in all the drama and subtly fighting in another court. That of public opinion. And each day when another newspaper in the UK reports on the case, all of them overwhelmingly in The Sun's favour, it chips away at his public profile.
Basically, Johnny already lost. Even if he wins in the case in the actual court, the payout won't match the fact that his reputation will have been so damaged and dragged through the mud.

I don't even get why he went this far with it, to begin with. Because after the divorce settlement he still had a chunk of public opinion in his favour. To the extent that he is still currently the face of Dior Sauvage. He still went on to do that interview in British GQ, to tell 'his side of the story.\ Which btw, just shows how manipulative he really is because I'm sure Amber's NDA prevented her from speaking publicly on the matter. And that gave him an opportunity to say what he wants without any counter statements.
And yet, the irony is that he thought he shut her up with that $7 million, and now because of his little petulant man ego, she will actually get to testify in an even larger court and possibly erase the little support he enjoyed since the divorce, lol. Can't make it up.

Fighting UK tabloids is a losing battle because it doesn't achieve anything in the greater scheme of things. It doesn't tarnish the reputation of the tabloid, it doesn't really shift how people consume news, plus they'll keep score for the next time you land in a scandal. There's a reason why the Mail has been going so aggressive on JK Rowling after her recent comments about trans women (she sued them for libel and won some time back). That's just how they roll.

Look at this as some sort of prelude to the upcoming battle between Meghan and the Mail. It will get equally messy because the Mail has her father down as their key witness.

I don't even get why he went this far with it, to begin with.
He's been relentless even after the settlement, wanting to manage it for her. It seems like she really got to the bottom of his fragile inflated ego (e.g. making fun of his tattoos, admitting not having seen any of his work, flirting with hot/younger co-stars) at a point when lifestyle and age has made him look closer to Mickey Rourke than the 'heartthrob' he once was. In every statement, it sounds like he has really viewed himself as a legendary literary/music type of figure for a very long time.. someone on the escale of Bob Dylan or William Burroughs :lol:. How he talks about his 'tormented artist' habits, craft, destroying hotels, the way he talks.. it's like.. dude, you're an a-c-t-o-r.. who makes the kind of Hollywood junk to forget thinking for a couple of hours, not to make you think.

Anyway, I find the tabloid culture in the UK so so confusing but even if it's the Sun and they're despicable, I hope the court's on their side at the end..

Omg, have you read Deuters' testimony? Talk about bro code. I don't use the phrase 'misogynist' often because it's so heavily charged. But Johnny and his posse's personal attack on her reeks of misogyny. Also.....

'Mr Deuters, now European president of Mr Depp's production company, Infinitum Nihil, said he had worked for the US actor since 2004.'

Show me the rational human being who would consider such a witness credible? If I ever see a Deuter backpack again my stomach will turn.

I'm now more concerned that we are watching the real-time metamorphosis of the English court of law into made-for-tv American law system. It's been years since I've come across such blatant slander.

^ they're not being tried, hence the flagrant lying. I also doubt they'd be as comfortable committing perjury at home than abroad.

I think it's interesting that much like his PA, the women scheduled to appear in court have questionable credentials too (one being mentally unstable and having faced an embarrassing downfall herself and don't get me started on Paradis..). It seems like everything's wiped out with enough time but I was watching this video some days ago (which is horribly sexist btw), and 1:50 is interesting.. his fights with Kate sounded like common knowledge back then..

Omg, have you read Deuters' testimony? Talk about bro code. I don't use the phrase 'misogynist' often because it's so heavily charged. But Johnny and his posse's personal attack on her reeks of misogyny. Also.....

'Mr Deuters, now European president of Mr Depp's production company, Infinitum Nihil, said he had worked for the US actor since 2004.'

Show me the rational human being who would consider such a witness credible? If I ever see a Deuter backpack again my stomach will turn.

I'm now more concerned that we are watching the real-time metamorphosis of the English court of law into made-for-tv American law system. It's been years since I've come across such blatant slander.

The tabloid culture in the UK is truly awful. That said, I do have faith in the English legal system itself. The case is before a very well-respected and experienced judge. He will making the decision based on the evidence he hears and sees. He should be insulated from the gossip fodder. Also, there's no jury involved in this case. Juries are famously unpredictable... In terms of the process itself, I think it should be a fair one. I think it will be a long before the English court disintegrates into a made-for-TV institution. :flower:

The tabloid culture in the UK is truly awful. That said, I do have faith in the English legal system itself. The case is before a very well-respected and experienced judge. He will making the decision based on the evidence he hears and sees. He should be insulated from the gossip fodder. Also, there's no jury involved in this case. Juries are famously unpredictable... In terms of the process itself, I think it should be a fair one. I think it will be a long before the English court disintegrates into a made-for-TV institution. :flower:

I didn't quite mean the decision-making process, I have more than enough faith in English courts. It's more how theatrical and sensational this entire case is being painted to the public at large, which in general is uncommon. When last have we seen such a theatrical celebrity case in the UK? Sienna, Hugh, and others vs News of the World? Heather Mills vs Macca? Both were years, decades ago.

Oh right, that makes sense. Sorry that I misunderstood, and I appreciate you clarifying as well! :flower: I definitely hear you in respect of how sensationalised it has become... The Heather Mills case I think is definitely up there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->