Dior Homme

Lena........u could check them out if you like......but trust they are REAL MASCULINE clothes

i dont people to start mistaking you for a fashionable male :wink:

Hedi's are real masculine too acid, look how they fly out of Dior Homme :P

I used to be a big fan of Hedi(both YSL and Dior Homme)but lately,his collections have been looking rather stale to me;even a tad overrated. Not necessarily what he's inspired by but the fact he hasn't really evolved much on that influence. Some tend to keep certain elements as part of their signature style and still seem fresh and new each season, but I haven't really seen a whole lot that makes me feel as if anything he does is fresh.

Pineal Eye...how quirky and offbeat is your creations Acid? :lol:

Ohhh--- Keep us posted on your collection...
I'm interested for sure:smile:

Thanks Acid! :flower:
About the new collection of Dior Homme... has anyone seen Hedi's new high top sneakers... i need a pair so bad.
Pete

Originally posted by Scott@Dec 12th, 2003 - 4:09 pm
I used to be a big fan of Hedi(both YSL and Dior Homme)but lately,his collections have been looking rather stale to me;even a tad overrated. Not necessarily what he's inspired by but the fact he hasn't really evolved much on that influence. Some tend to keep certain elements as part of their signature style and still seem fresh and new each season, but I haven't really seen a whole lot that makes me feel as if anything he does is fresh.

Pineal Eye...how quirky and offbeat is your creations Acid? :lol:
I totaly agree. i mean i lvoe Hedi, btu eh seeems to not have to many new ideas, I think his clotehs are just gorgeous though , i really do.

I feel like dior homme has become so hyped that people who have ntohing in commen with it in their personal style are going crazy for ti just ebcuas its a trend, and that bothers me. :(

I love a lot of Hedi's clothes, I think he's great and one of the most original menswear designers in years. :woot: :heart:

His unforgivingly-cut suits are my fave (you gotta be really lean.) The rest are cool too. :flower:

Seeing him venure into womenswear will be a real highlight. Catherine Denevue loves raiding the Dior Homme boutique, and other fashionable women, so why not? :wink:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Dec 12th, 2003 - 11:38 pm
I feel like dior homme has become so hyped that people who have ntohing in commen with it in their personal style are going crazy for ti just ebcuas its a trend, and that bothers me. :(
I get that, too. :( :flower:

lets be fair to Hedi, his work is uber hyped, still he's good in what he does...
lets surpass our snobism for everything trendy and hot ..its only fair to admit that even though he can make some mistakes (see last Dior Homme-terminator collection) he really is talented :wink:

I think what I meant when I replied "I get that, too; I feel like dior homme has become so hyped that people who have ntohing in commen with it in their personal style are going crazy for ti just ebcuas its a trend, and that bothers me."
Is that it just bothers me that a lot of people like it who don't have anything in common with it because of it's trendiness and mainstream accesebility. :flower:

I agree with Igni*.

Let's face it though,if it weren't for Hedi and Raf Simons(with their sharp tailoring and sublime cutting and structures),I don't think many outside the fashion world would even be that interested in menswear. Hype or none,they are the hottest thing going.

SCOTT don't forget XAVIER DELCOUR wo shares the same aesthetic as hedi and raf !! may i also mention SEBASTIEN MEUNIER who seems to be doing interesting things relatively unnoticed at the moment . i feel that we will see a lot more of his work in the high - end boutiques before too long . :flower:

Oh I know. I just meant more along the lines of mainstream attention. Alot of people really don't know who Xavier and Sebastien are at the moment. And neither are dressing David Bowie and Mick Jagger either :lol:

I would however,add Dirk Schonberger into that mix with Raf and Hedi since he too has become one of those sought after designers.

Glad you mentioned Xavier Delcour, & Dirk Schonberger . Together with Jose Levy,Dirk Bikembergs & Martin Margiela those are actually my fave menswear designers :heart:

To be honest,having been disappointed for some seasons,I haven't been interested in the menswear specific bracket that much. Apart from perhaps Margiela. Schonberger's latest wasn't that great and I liked Raf Simons but I don't think it was the strongest I've seen from him. I am interested though in seeing what Xavier is doing now that he's back after a brief hiatous. A new womenswear collection was presented in Paris for the recent defiles :woot:

I definetly think Hedi is uber talented despite the hype.

Raf, Xavier, Sebastian all wonderful :heart:

Do you guys know how i could get Dior Homme? I live in Arizona and im not sure where to get it.... any online companies or someone i could email, possibly?

CHRISTOPHER look at www.yoox.com who seem to be a gen outfit . as i posted earlier , the rafaello network are charging prices that i consider to be extortionate !!!!! www.brownsfashion.com sell hedi but perhaps only within the uk as the prices on the e-shop are all in £ sterling . HAPPY HUNTING !!!! regards kit :rolleyes:

Brownsfashion.com does ship to the US! yay. Thanks for the info... they sell alot of other great designer wear too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->