Dior Homme

I am trying to sell and claude montana Ideal Cuir That my uncle bought back in the early 80's. It is AWESOM it has the embroidered red eagle on the back. anyone know anything about it? I know it was around 2000$ but not sure what I could sell it for!

Josirox

Hehe, I'm a HUGE fan of Hedi and Dior Homme. I unfortunately didn't find a way to check out the line (and steel myself for the price tag) until the end of Follow Me, but ever since I've been absolutely hooked. I've been using the innovations, cuts, and designs of Hedi as the gold standard to compare other designers with. Although his choice of cotton has definitely decreased in quality ( way way too thin!) this last season (Victim of the Crime season), a lot of the pieces are still quite wonderful.
I currently own 4 pairs of Dior jeans and aside from my old beat up Versace Jeans Couture jeans, I would prefer nothing else.
The cuts of his tees, sweaters, and of course all the outerwear is unparalleled. Next on my list is to get a black one button suit by Mr. Slimane for med school interviews hehe. That'll make me stand out!
Perhaps Hedi and Dior Homme is hyped, but you definitely have to be in the right circles to even hear about Dior menswear at all. Even with the hype, the price tag and limited distribution maintain the exclusivity of the line. I have yet to run into anyone wearing any pieces that I own on the street let alone someone wearing the piece at the same time.

Count me in too for going after the andrognous look with Dior Homme. I think Hedi's clothes are cut better than most women's clothes - they're sharp, graphic, clean, and lean. I find it much more suiting for my body type than slit-to-there dresses and tops.

I only own one item from Dior Homme and that's a black sleeveless tee that I layer everything with. I feel so deprived, but my husband recently purchased a hooded jacket that a gazillion buttons in the front. I can wear it but it's a little baggy.

Thank you for mentioning Jose Levy, Lena. I also want to echo a few others thoughts on Raf, Xavier, Dirk and Margiela. I think I often enjoy the menswear collections more than the womens. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->